Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Steve Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Starlink shipped my dish about 2 1/2 weeks ago. It's been stuck 'In Transit' in Portland for over a week. I suspect it's sitting on a trailer in the hub in Troutdale or Swan Island.

Talking to the customer service reps is like talking to a Filipino fence post. They keep telling me a local person will contact me, but so far I have to pull the little info I've been getting out of them.

Reached out to Starlink, and while they got back to me in a reasonable amount of time, they are telling me that FedEx will get back to me.

Grrrrrr....

[/bitch_mode]

Carpe' Scrotum
GB1

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I've got a few small items coming via FedEx. Delivery dates have all been missed. It's a crap shoot when anything will show up.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I think it's a universal problem now, with all carriers. I have two orders in shipment right now. One with UPS that was damaged in transit and returned to the shipper for possible replacement. The other with FEDEX that was supposed to be delivered yesterday from the local hub but never made it and is now listed as Undetermined Delivery. The Postal Orifice is no better, having not only just raised their rates again, but saying that service will be even slower now.

As with umpteen other economic and social disasters, nothing like this happened under Trump.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Steve Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I get it.

But it still ticks me off.

Carpe' Scrotum
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Dang I guess I got lucky. I ordered a pool pump from a co in Mich at 12:15 Wed after noon and was told 3 to 4 days. I checked Thur morn and it showed out for delivery, 11:05 am the truck pulled up with the pump and the box was not even dented. From my house to there place is almost 16 hrs drive time, ya I was happy.

IC B2

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
4-5 days is always turning into 2weeks, my delivery dates change daily!

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by Ackleyfan

Guessing delivery date is like predicting the next winning lotto numbers

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I recently mailed a rifle stock to a member in Alabama. It arrived earlier than expected. Go figure.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
UPS is 100% on schedule. USPS is even running well currently here.

Fedex sucks. I wouldn't depend on them to ship a box of dog $hit to the White House

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by KenMi
UPS is 100% on schedule. USPS is even running well currently here.

Fedex sucks. I wouldn't depend on them to ship a box of dog $hit to the White House

That's my take as well.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
IC B3

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by KenMi

Now that's a risk I'll take. Eventually it will show up

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I think you mean FedUp.

Steve Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I honestly think it's more FedEx Ground, rather than the other parts of the FE system, that's the issue. I read somewhere that they are a separate entity or business unit.

Carpe' Scrotum
Steve Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ackleyfan

Hell, I can't even get a date out of them. The site has said "Updated delivery: Pending Initially expected: Saturday, 10/2/2021" since Monday.

Carpe' Scrotum
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by Steve
I honestly think it's more FedEx Ground, rather than the other parts of the FE system, that's the issue. I read somewhere that they are a separate entity or business unit.

All the same to the end user

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M

I have an acquaintance that is a FEDEX van driver and it is as you say. They are subcontractors, were the shirt, drive the truck with the logo, and all they deliver is a FEDEX marked box. But they're not direct FEDEX employees..............

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O

Fed ex ground deliveries are done by predominately private contractors. Contractors buy the delivery routes, the number of routes vary by the size of the zip codes. The private contractors are totally controlled and lorded over by Fed ex.
Fed ex express is handled by fed ex in house.
Call the nearest hub. Once fed ex scans in a package they know precisely where it is at all times. Wether they are honest with you about it is another matter.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
FedEx sux... That is all...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

FedEx delivered a package to our house yesterday around 7:30 - 8:00 pm. Wife got a "Package Delivered" alert via email or text, went to the door and there it was. Surprised me considering it was Sunday evening.

The biggest hassles we've had waiting on packages to be delivered has been when shippers use the budget service both FedEx and UPS offer now where they hand off parcels to USPS for final delivery and new employees putting mail in wrong P.O. boxes or wrong mail routes.

Local USPS seems to stay short handed pretty much all the time in recent years and hiring more and more temp 'contract' workers to work in P.O.s and run rural motor routes.These contract employees don't get paid near as much nor get benefits as official USPS employees would. Our oldest daughter tried it for a little while but said the hassle out weighed the rewards too much. Said she was having to drive and work in small town P.O.s scattered over four counties and put up with snotty, belittling, BS from a few of the regular USPS employees at a couple of the other offices.

Our local P.O. closes at 10:30am on Saturdays. This past Saturday our Postmaster and one of the regular USPS office employees had to run rural motor routes after closing. After they finished running the motor routes they were back at the P.O. again after 5:00pm putting up more mail again.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Smartpost is the one that gives me heartburn, one package right now going back and forth between cities.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

580 members (1beaver_shooter, 1234, 10ring1, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 19rabbit52, 49 invisible), 2,299 guests, and 1,159 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,089
Posts18,464,017
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.