G
Post deleted

Last edited by gunswizard; 10/11/21. Reason: Item SOLD
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Bob,
Let's talk about this rifle. I'm an hour south of you. Sending email.

Thanks, Dinny

Medics bury their mistakes..
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Sold to someone else after arranging to meet at a place and time of your choosing. This doesn't sit well with me at all! I just pulled out 10 one hundred dollar bills from my emergency stash too.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dinny
Sold to someone else after arranging to meet at a place and time of your choosing. This doesn't sit well with me at all! I just pulled out 10 one hundred dollar bills from my emergency stash too.

Say what?

I am always looking for factory wood stocks!
IC B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

This kind stuff -- along with hacking and scamming -- seems to be happening more frequently around here. 😒

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Earlier today he set a time and place to meet, 10am Saturday at the community pool parking lot. I asked if I could make payments and he agreed to $200 down and the balance within 30 days. He also told me I have first dibs. His words were, you're first and someone else is second.

While out hanging a treestand with my wife, she and I discussed the purchase. She "authorized" the use of some back up cash we have.

When we retured from the woods I found a PM from him stating he'd rather have payment in full. I sent him a text stating I'd have the money on Saturday when we meet. He replied stating it was bought and paid for by someone else.

If he would have called me, I would have drove to his house with cash in hand today.

Where's VarmintGuy!??

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Damn! I hate to hear that. Puts everything related to him in a little different light.

Deadlines and commitments, what to leave in, what to leave out...
G
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Money talks, OP arrangement was a down payment with balance in 30 days. There was NO mention of having complete payment at time of meeting. My rifle, my choice of buyer. Discussed via text and buyer called offering full payment after stating in initial contact difficulty coming up with funds. Buyers talking about money problems do little to inspire confidence.

Last edited by gunswizard; 10/11/21.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
You have my phone number. All you had to do was call me when you changed the terms we agreed to.

IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by gunswizard
arrangement was a down payment with balance in 30 days.

So you made a deal with him ? But before you talked to him you sold it outright?

I don’t have a dog in the fight, just trying to understand what you both are saying.

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by JeffP
arrangement was a down payment with balance in 30 days.

So you made a deal with him ? But before you talked to him you sold it outright?

I don’t have a dog in the fight, just trying to understand what you both are saying.

You are correct.

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Partially correct, buyer was informed via text that I didn't want to wait for payment. Rifle was not sold to cash purchaser until OP was notified, only after being texted did he state that he could pay in full. Don't know why if he had the ability to pay in full at the outset that he didn't offer to do so. He was offered first rights to purchase items I'll be listing shortly as consolation.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Partially correct, buyer was informed via text that I didn't want to wait for payment. .

So this after you agreed to a deposit and payment schedule?

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Just received this email from Bob.

Subject: Varmint Guy

WTF do you think you're doing invoking the name of that jackoff in a matter that's between you and me. Leave that douchebag out of this, real class move there Dinny. You gone and done [bleep] in your cornflakes there son.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by JeffP
Partially correct, buyer was informed via text that I didn't want to wait for payment. .

So this after you agreed to a deposit and payment schedule?

Yes and before I could reply he sold it to someone else. I think he actually sold it before he texted me. I replied soon after he sent that message.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
If Dinny's story is on the level (wizard doesn't seem to be denying any of it), he should have been given a window to offer full payment *before* the rifle was sold. If you make a deal and then change it, gotta at least give the person you're changing it on a chance. Otherwise it looks like you had 2 buyers at once... and were stringing one along as plan B.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just received this email from Bob.

Subject: Varmint Guy

WTF do you think you're doing invoking the name of that jackoff in a matter that's between you and me. Leave that douchebag out of this, real class move there Dinny. You gone and done [bleep] in your cornflakes there son.

Gunswizard calling VG a douche - the irony cup runneth over. 😂😂😂😂😂😂

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Money talks, OP arrangement was a down payment with balance in 30 days. There was NO mention of having complete payment at time of meeting. My rifle, my choice of buyer. Discussed via text and buyer called offering full payment after stating in initial contact difficulty coming up with funds. Buyers talking about money problems do little to inspire confidence.

In my book if you agreed to accept payments as stated above, that is a hand shake. Your rifle, do as you wish but I would NEVER do that. My Momma raised me better than that.

Last edited by 160user; 10/11/21.

I am always looking for factory wood stocks!
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

475 members (10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 19rabbit52, 55 invisible), 2,704 guests, and 1,218 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,713
Posts18,456,929
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.