Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Big Sky Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I've owned several 9mm's and I'm struggling to find one light weight and slim enough in design for comfortable concealed carry. I recently had Glock 43X and hated everything about it once I started shooting it. I'll skip all the reasons I hated it, but I won't own another tiny Glock. I replaced it with a S&W Shield Plus. I like the S&W and many of the issues I had the Glock have been solved with the Shield. However it's still a little wide and probably could be just a little lighter weight. I mean it works okay, but it just seems like there should be something else out there that is better. So has anyone found a comfortable to carry 9mm, that is lightweight, slim, and still accurate?

Is it Friday yet?
GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Shield plus for me. I much prefer it over the Sig 365. If I am carrying anything smaller it’s a lcp ii 380.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've tried many of the subcompacts and the Sig P365 is where I settled.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If I may, which other ones did you guys try?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hellcat or Sig 365. Personally i prefer a g19 sized firearm for carrying in a good holster.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I like the Sig P365 with the external safety.

“Alive in JESUS!”
NRA LIFE MEMBER

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Big Sky
I've owned several 9mm's and I'm struggling to find one light weight and slim enough in design for comfortable concealed carry. I recently had Glock 43X and hated everything about it once I started shooting it. I'll skip all the reasons I hated it, but I won't own another tiny Glock. I replaced it with a S&W Shield Plus. I like the S&W and many of the issues I had the Glock have been solved with the Shield. However it's still a little wide and probably could be just a little lighter weight. I mean it works okay, but it just seems like there should be something else out there that is better. So has anyone found a comfortable to carry 9mm, that is lightweight, slim, and still accurate?

I've had and carried single stack 9mm pistols since Kahr came out with their P9. I carried that for many years. I also have the Glock 43, and I like it a lot. I also like Ruger's LC9S Pro, which I had for many years, and carried some. All of the above should be a bit slimmer than the Shield Plus, if that's your main objective. The slimmest of the above, I believe, would be the Ruger LC9S Pro. It might be exactly what you're looking for, if they still make it (and, if not, you can likely find a lightly used one for a very reasonable price, since so many have switched to the compact double stack models that have come out in the last few years). All of those I mentioned are extremely reliable and shootable guns.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What specifically did you hate about the 43X? Knowing that might help steer choices away from handguns that would just give you the same problems.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

If the Shield + seems "wide" to you, you missed the days when a G26 was "subcompact."

I love my Shield+, and it disappears under a T-shirt while wearing shorts all summer.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by NVhntr
I've tried many of the subcompacts and the Sig P365 is where I settled.

This goes for me in spades

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Old veteran.....

[Linked Image from jpgbox.com]

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I have the Max9 from Ruger as far as cons against it yes it has recoil but it's a 12 shot pocket 9. Pros are optic cut pocket ability great sights and ease of shooting.

Bangflop! another skinning job due to .260 and proper shot placement.
P
PWN Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
For the past 3.5 years I have carried a Kahr CM-9 nearly everyday. Most of the time I carry in the appendix position in a Sticky holster, but have used an ankle holster or pocket carry on occasion. I spend a lot to time driving or sitting and rarely notice I have the gun on my body. The downside of this pistol is the 7 round capacity and abbreviated grip. I have a 7 round magazine that has a pinky extension as a spare. I did add a red laser, but kept the factory sights. [Linked Image]

Last edited by PWN; 10/12/21.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I have a Sig 290 for front pocket carry with a Sam Andrews holster. I carry a CZ75Dpcr for belt carry.

Sam......

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by goalie

If the Shield + seems "wide" to you, you missed the days when a G26 was "subcompact."

I love my Shield+, and it disappears under a T-shirt while wearing shorts all summer.

Agreed. The Shield Plus is anything but fat.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Sig 365 and Ruger EC9S are my two 9mm carries. Both accurate and very concealable. Most of the summer though I’ve been carrying my Ruger LCP custom. But winter is coming fast which means bigger guns on my belt.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Have you tried a regular flavor Shield? Slightly thinner, less rounds means lighter weight.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
I tried a Sig 365 and didn't like the stiff slide release nor the hard to load magazines. I swapped for the larger Sig P239, while not a compact design I like it better.

N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
Sig 938.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Sig 365XL. The sun, the moon and the stars aligned for me. It fits so tight against the body in a Milt Sparks VM2, I hardly know it's there. Neither does anybody else. smile

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

667 members (160user, 12344mag, 1234, 163bc, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 66 invisible), 2,452 guests, and 1,256 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,631
Posts18,455,194
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.