Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Big Sky Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I've owned several 9mm's and I'm struggling to find one light weight and slim enough in design for comfortable concealed carry. I recently had Glock 43X and hated everything about it once I started shooting it. I'll skip all the reasons I hated it, but I won't own another tiny Glock. I replaced it with a S&W Shield Plus. I like the S&W and many of the issues I had the Glock have been solved with the Shield. However it's still a little wide and probably could be just a little lighter weight. I mean it works okay, but it just seems like there should be something else out there that is better. So has anyone found a comfortable to carry 9mm, that is lightweight, slim, and still accurate?

Is it Friday yet?
BP-B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Shield plus for me. I much prefer it over the Sig 365. If I am carrying anything smaller it’s a lcp ii 380.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've tried many of the subcompacts and the Sig P365 is where I settled.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If I may, which other ones did you guys try?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hellcat or Sig 365. Personally i prefer a g19 sized firearm for carrying in a good holster.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I like the Sig P365 with the external safety.

“Alive in JESUS!”
NRA LIFE MEMBER

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Big Sky
I've owned several 9mm's and I'm struggling to find one light weight and slim enough in design for comfortable concealed carry. I recently had Glock 43X and hated everything about it once I started shooting it. I'll skip all the reasons I hated it, but I won't own another tiny Glock. I replaced it with a S&W Shield Plus. I like the S&W and many of the issues I had the Glock have been solved with the Shield. However it's still a little wide and probably could be just a little lighter weight. I mean it works okay, but it just seems like there should be something else out there that is better. So has anyone found a comfortable to carry 9mm, that is lightweight, slim, and still accurate?

I've had and carried single stack 9mm pistols since Kahr came out with their P9. I carried that for many years. I also have the Glock 43, and I like it a lot. I also like Ruger's LC9S Pro, which I had for many years, and carried some. All of the above should be a bit slimmer than the Shield Plus, if that's your main objective. The slimmest of the above, I believe, would be the Ruger LC9S Pro. It might be exactly what you're looking for, if they still make it (and, if not, you can likely find a lightly used one for a very reasonable price, since so many have switched to the compact double stack models that have come out in the last few years). All of those I mentioned are extremely reliable and shootable guns.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What specifically did you hate about the 43X? Knowing that might help steer choices away from handguns that would just give you the same problems.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

If the Shield + seems "wide" to you, you missed the days when a G26 was "subcompact."

I love my Shield+, and it disappears under a T-shirt while wearing shorts all summer.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by NVhntr

This goes for me in spades

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Old veteran.....

[Linked Image from jpgbox.com]

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I have the Max9 from Ruger as far as cons against it yes it has recoil but it's a 12 shot pocket 9. Pros are optic cut pocket ability great sights and ease of shooting.

Bangflop! another skinning job due to .260 and proper shot placement.
P
PWN Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
For the past 3.5 years I have carried a Kahr CM-9 nearly everyday. Most of the time I carry in the appendix position in a Sticky holster, but have used an ankle holster or pocket carry on occasion. I spend a lot to time driving or sitting and rarely notice I have the gun on my body. The downside of this pistol is the 7 round capacity and abbreviated grip. I have a 7 round magazine that has a pinky extension as a spare. I did add a red laser, but kept the factory sights. [Linked Image]

Last edited by PWN; 10/12/21.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I have a Sig 290 for front pocket carry with a Sam Andrews holster. I carry a CZ75Dpcr for belt carry.

Sam......

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by goalie

If the Shield + seems "wide" to you, you missed the days when a G26 was "subcompact."

I love my Shield+, and it disappears under a T-shirt while wearing shorts all summer.

Agreed. The Shield Plus is anything but fat.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sig 365 and Ruger EC9S are my two 9mm carries. Both accurate and very concealable. Most of the summer though I’ve been carrying my Ruger LCP custom. But winter is coming fast which means bigger guns on my belt.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Have you tried a regular flavor Shield? Slightly thinner, less rounds means lighter weight.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I tried a Sig 365 and didn't like the stiff slide release nor the hard to load magazines. I swapped for the larger Sig P239, while not a compact design I like it better.

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
Sig 938.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Sig 365XL. The sun, the moon and the stars aligned for me. It fits so tight against the body in a Milt Sparks VM2, I hardly know it's there. Neither does anybody else. smile

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I really like my single stack shield.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Sig 365XL. The sun, the moon and the stars aligned for me. It fits so tight against the body in a Milt Sparks VM2, I hardly know it's there. Neither does anybody else. smile

OP was looking for something thinner and lighter then Shield Plus. How does Sig 365XL fit into that scenario confused
Based on most suggestions I would simply keep Shield Plus and load it with fewer cartridges with bullets of lighter weight. There are lighter copper,zinc alloy bullets w/o lead out there. Companies like Underwood, Liberty,.... offer such loads. Naturally you have to search for info on expansion and penetration of such boutique loads.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've tried all of these and more:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I don't really dislike any of them. However, not pictured is my Sig P365XL. It checks all the boxes and is as comfortable as a gun can get. It's more accurate than I am.

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Waders

I don't really dislike any of them. However, not pictured is my Sig P365XL. It checks all the boxes and is as comfortable as a gun can get. It's more accurate than I am.

Thanks for posting pic of quality guns. I am tired of seeing plastic-framed junk. For revolver I would suggest Taurus Vue/Novue .38 Special. Couple issues with those are tiny grip and very short ejector rod. One would have to use .38 Special rounds loaded to .38S&W ballistics in that Taurus. No worries there are plenty of cowboy action loads out there. These lead slugs (usually .44-40 or .45 Colt) were very effective when used in typical Old West manner ie couple in the back in side or back alley. That is why they had gun control in many towns ie hand in your guns before entering bars and such. Obviously such setting of differences was wrong and would not be tolerated today.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Sig P365, I have tried a lot of the others mentioned with the exception of the Hellcat.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Slavek

Thanks for posting pic of quality guns. I am tired of seeing plastic-framed junk. For revolver I would suggest Taurus Vue/Novue .38 Special. Couple issues with those are tiny grip and very short ejector rod. One would have to use .38 Special rounds loaded to .38S&W ballistics in that Taurus. No worries there are plenty of cowboy action loads out there. These lead slugs (usually .44-40 or .45 Colt) were very effective when used in typical Old West manner ie couple in the back in side or back alley. That is why they had gun control in many towns ie hand in your guns before entering bars and such. Obviously such setting of differences was wrong and would not be tolerated today.

A new level of +P stupid drivel from Slavek...

Last edited by MOGC; 10/12/21.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by local_dirt

OP was looking for something thinner and lighter then Shield Plus. How does Sig 365XL fit into that scenario confused
Based on most suggestions I would simply keep Shield Plus and load it with fewer cartridges with bullets of lighter weight. There are lighter copper,zinc alloy bullets w/o lead out there. Companies like Underwood, Liberty,.... offer such loads. Naturally you have to search for info on expansion and penetration of such boutique loads.

You do what you do. I'll do what I do.. And part of what I do is make the OP aware of a different, maybe better for him mousetrap. Thinking outside the box isn't a bad thing.

A 365XL in a Milt Sparks vm2 is a very compact package. Very thin and disappears underneath a T-shirt. Never mind the fact that I shoot the 365XL better than any other gun I've carried during the last 15 years.

OP asked for suggestions. Not for some commie fugktard to make comments and criticize somebody else's suggestions..

Now go stand in a bread line, you commie ass sucker.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Like many, I've been searching for that ideal single stack concealable 9mm. I have carried both the Kahr PM9 and the Glock 43 and have liked them both OK.

But lately, I've been carrying a Kimber Evo. I really like it. It has the simplicity of the striker-fired Kahr and Glock, but offers a little more heft. Which for me is not a bad thing in a small 9mm. Also, the grip and trigger position are better for my large hands.

Carried in an OWB Garrett Silent thunder holster, I can wear it all day and forget it is there.

Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by PWN
For the past 3.5 years I have carried a Kahr CM-9 nearly everyday. Most of the time I carry in the appendix position in a Sticky holster, but have used an ankle holster or pocket carry on occasion. I spend a lot to time driving or sitting and rarely notice I have the gun on my body. The downside of this pistol is the 7 round capacity and abbreviated grip. I have a 7 round magazine that has a pinky extension as a spare. I did add a red laser, but kept the factory sights. [Linked Image]

I carried one of those for a long time. Great little guns.
But I like my Sig P-365 much better. It’s a little wider and heavier. But not much. And has a much better trigger and sights c
Carry it with a 12 RD mag plus one in the chamber.
Plus a spare 15 RD magazine.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 10/12/21.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I’ve tried the Sig 365 m, the Taurus G2 (??) and the Ruger LC9s.

Single stack (Ruger) vs double stack (Taurus, Sig) makes a real difference in heft and weight. I prefer the LC9.

Specific to the LC9 though, takedown involves driving out a little detached takedown pin from the frame. Easy to misplace when you have the gun in pieces.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Big Sky Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Thank you for the recommendations and suggestions based on your experience. I appreciate it.

Is it Friday yet?
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Well, nobody will be able to tell you what is going to be best for you.

I recently sold my Kahr CW9 in favor of the 43X. I really like the 43X.

If you haven't shot a Kahr, you might want to give one a try. Compared to the Glock, it is a tad shorter in the grip, thinner in the grip and slide. The trigger is a smooth rolling stroke. Not the take-up and 'wall', like a Glock. CW9 has a 7-round magazine, and 8-rounder available that sticks out a bit further on the bottom.

The Kahr never bobbled once, from the day I first shot it. Accuracy was good. The target above was 20 yards if I recall correctly. I was just sawing the trigger going through the 200 round break-in that Kahr recommends. As I said already, it never bobbled.

There are others out there that are highly regarded. Sig 365 or 365XL seem to be what most people really like. also Springfield Hellcat, S&W Shield, Ruger quickly come to mind. I don't have any hands-on with any of them to share though. There are many others too, I just kind of hit the wave-tops. Try to handle and shoot as many as you can.

D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
So has anyone found a comfortable to carry 9mm, that is lightweight, slim, and still accurate?

Yes I have. I drop it in my pocket and go. It weighs 18oz loaded with (8) 124gr +p Speer Gold Dot. It always goes BANG when I pull the trigger and I've put ~900 rounds through it over the last 3.5 years I've carried it. I've no problem putting holes in things at 30'.

It is the only 9mm I own anymore because it is a highly convenient carry pistol. The small size and light weight is still pretty much unmatched. It is a pistol for those serious about always carrying. It is not a range gun - I have other pistols for that.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I don't know if it's the best concealed carry 9mm but I'm pretty satisfied with my Beretta Nano. Beretta will probably drop this pistol from it's line up soon, the APX Carry and APX Carry-A1 seem to be its replacements. The Nano works well as a compromise gun for both pocket carry and IWB holster carry. If I were to have a dedicated pocket gun and a dedicated IWB holster carry gun I would probably take a Beretta Pico for pocket carry and a Sig P365 XL for IWB holster carry.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine

If you haven't shot a Kahr, you might want to give one a try. Compared to the Glock, it is a tad shorter in the grip, thinner in the grip and slide. The trigger is a smooth rolling stroke. Not the take-up and 'wall', like a Glock. CW9 has a 7-round magazine, and 8-rounder available that sticks out a bit further on the bottom.

The Kahr never bobbled once, from the day I first shot it. Accuracy was good. The target above was 20 yards if I recall correctly. I was just sawing the trigger going through the 200 round break-in that Kahr recommends. As I said already, it never bobbled.

There are others out there that are highly regarded. Sig 365 or 365XL seem to be what most people really like. also Springfield Hellcat, S&W Shield, Ruger quickly come to mind. I don't have any hands-on with any of them to share though. There are many others too, I just kind of hit the wave-tops. Try to handle and shoot as many as you can.

I bought a cw9 because of your post.

Pre-p365.

The cw9 works well*.

*low round capacity.

I like the long trigger on the kahrs. Ended up with a couple cw9. And a cm9.

Now days in the p365. Or p365X. Or xl.

Take your pick.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Yeah, the Kahr trigger pull is appealing to those who cut their teeth on S&W double action revolvers.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by BigDave39355

Pre-p365.

The cw9 works well*.

*low round capacity.

Take your pick.

It's amazing how many new compacts have come available since I chose the CW9 just a very few years ago.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
P365 all day everyday, 15 round mag with one in the pipe, two extra 15 rounders in hip pocket ride just fine beside can of Cope all day long, 46 125gr barnes copper hp's gotta count.

Trump Won!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Pre-p365.

The cw9 works well*.

*low round capacity.

Take your pick.

It's amazing how many new compacts have come available since I chose the CW9 just a very few years ago.

Yep, the CW9 was my favorite for many years and is still a fine choice. I just like the capacity and trigger on the P365 better now.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Another P365 fan here. I have about 5000 rounds through mine with no issues other than in an intentional attempt to make it malfunction shooting support hand only with under fifty rounds through the gun. I recently bought a P365X slide for it so I can mount a RDS on it. For an optics-ready gun, you may want to look at a Hellcat, although I have no experience with one.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Another vote for the Sig P365.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Very impressive shooting Wade!

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Big Sky Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Wade just so you know I really enjoyed that photo you posted up of your handguns. I own some of the same models.

Is it Friday yet?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Shootability & good accuracy are my 1st requisites & most subcompact's don't meet that criteria well enough to suit me.........really not even close.

So, over time, I've settled on the S&W M&P 2.0 with a 3.6" barrel..............15 round mag, full size grip, but still smaller than most its size like G-19.

Carried appendix style in a TXC holster, it's turned out to be the best choice for me.

Never tried a Sig 365 of any flavor but I doubt it would be better in any respect.

Occasionally I will carry a G26/27, but it really offers nothing better in concealability & it's not nearly as easy to shoot consistently as well.

If I want something slightly bigger, then it's a Commander sized 1911.

YMMV

MM

Last edited by MontanaMan; 10/13/21. Reason: mis-worded
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
From my experience with most of things talked about here 365 XL period old I have recently purchased a Ruger Max 9 and it's not bad at all except a floppy ass trigger from the factory have a gallowway ordered and maybe that will change my mind.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Shootability & good accuracy are my 1st requisites & most subcompact's don't meet that criteria well enough to suit me.........really not even close.

So, over time, I've settled on the S&W M&P 2.0 with a 3.6" barrel..............15 round mag, full size grip, but still smaller than most its size like G-19.

Carried appendix style in a TXC holster, it's turned out to be the best choice for me.

Never tried a Sig 365 of any flavor but I doubt it would be better in any respect.

Occasionally I will carry a G26/27, but it really offers nothing better in concealability & it's nearly as easy to shoot consistently as well.

YMMV

MM

I feel the same way, and carry a Glock 19 as my daily carry piece, only occasionally switching to a smaller or pocket sized gun, depending on circumstances.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Some of it depends on your body size. I’m 6’3” with very large hands. I like my Glock 19x a lot. My pinky finger and part of the the other hang off of a 19 grip frame but a 19x fits just right and looks small in my mitts. A good belt makes carrying a larger gun relatively easy.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Glock 43 for ease of concealment and light weight. I have a P365XL with an optic and love it. but for lightweight easy concealment, its hard to beat a G43. Just my opinion.

Ron

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Orwell
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Kahr P-9 is one, my SIG P-938 is another.. Both are quite accurate.. I have a few others, one is the new Kimber Micro Rapide - just haven't taken it to a range yet. But most often I have a Kahr PM-9 with me; not as accurate as the P-9, but for anything under 7 yards, I won't be missing.. smile

One of the things I like most about the Kahrs is the simplicity... No safety to operate, just draw and fire.. Some don't like the longer trigger pull associated with the Kahrs, but I've not found it a distraction..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by jwp475

Me too. I carry my 365 IWB under (usually) a T-shirt and hardly know it's there. More important than that, to me, is the fact that, somehow, it just shoots like a bigger gun. I can't shoot it quite as well as my most favored regular size pistols, but I can shoot it as well as most of them and it's very comfortable to shoot as well. I can't imagine a better gun for the purpose.

Mathew 22: 37-39

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've held my brothers 365 XL. I like how it felt and the the trigger was ok. But I have not actually fired it. I can understand why many on here like the 365s.

I carry a Glock 19 in a plastic inside the waistband holster with a heavy 511 belt. I sometimes carry a Glock 26 the same way or with a sticky holster in a pocket.

Figures don't lie, But Liars figure
Assumption is the mother of mistakes
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

How do you carry?

I hate IWB carry and I hate pocket carry. I've found an OWB holster that works well for me. I carry up to G19s and G23s in my OWB holster and they're very concealable and extremely comfortable.

I use this holster...
https://blackpointtactical.com/shop/leather-wing/

I've tried a variety of holsters over the years and is the first one I'd consider comfortable. May not work for you but maybe look at your holster set up, then go from there.

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I carry the shield plus and the Glock 43x both decent guns for carry. smile

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Same here.

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
My Shield Plus carries very well as does my G48, but if I were going to buy another Glock, I think I would have to look hard at the 43X

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Oh and I use the Shield Arms mags in my Glock

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

If I remember correctly the guys on THR? said the steel cased Winchester ammo was among the worst available. I have no experience with it, but if what people write is true that is a huge endorsement for the Kahr pistol.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
my preferred 9mm for carry latley has been in the form of a Sig P229R but the 9mm projectile is launched from a 357 Sig case

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

If I remember correctly the guys on THR? said the steel cased Winchester ammo was among the worst available. I have no experience with it, but if what people write is true that is a huge endorsement for the Kahr pistol.

i bought a kahr cw9 from MM's post.

internet gospel is to run 200 rounds thru it to break in.

i run 500 thru mine.

a mix of brass, steel and aluminum.

winchester and tula ( eeek!) steel.

no problems.

too bad Kahr isnt upping their game with a ~12 rd pistol.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by MontanaMan

Occasionally I will carry a G26/27, but it really offers nothing better in concealability & it's nearly as easy to shoot consistently as well.

YMMV

MM

I feel the same way, and carry a Glock 19 as my daily carry piece, only occasionally switching to a smaller or pocket sized gun, depending on circumstances.

Hawkeye and MM. Daily carry is the same size as y’all’s G19 and M&P. It’s a G23 I’ve had since 1992. Just realized that’s near 30 years with the same carry. I’ve never shot anybody, never been in a gunfight or war, only laid my hand on it for comfort a few times. But from what I read, see, and understand about undesirables I’ve decided to stay with a size that fits my hand, a cartridge that is substantial, and carries more rounds counting a spare magazine than I will probably need. Comfort is at least as much how you carry as what you carry; probably more. A good belt that holds a good holster firmly makes a tremendous difference; be it a single stack you carry or larger. Just my opinion.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
shootem,

not to aurgue,

have you shot the p365, hellcats, etc ?

Dave

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
No sir I have not. My second in line is an old 9mm S&W 5903 with target sights and an aftermarket 17 round magazine. Just have not become familiar enough with it to carry. Old habits die hard.

"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I’ve tried a bunch of them, I thought the 365XL with the safety was a great fit but I don’t shoot the flat trigger very well.

The 43 and 43X are pretty good for me with the shorter trigger reach.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

i bought a kahr cw9 from MM's post.

internet gospel is to run 200 rounds thru it to break in.

i run 500 thru mine.

a mix of brass, steel and aluminum.

winchester and tula ( eeek!) steel.

no problems.

too bad Kahr isnt upping their game with a ~12 rd pistol.

I'd be happy if they'd up their game with an optics ready slide, even if it's on a steel frame. If you like the CW9, you'd love shooting the Elite 03.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
This is how I roll now,

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
You shot any critters with those phillips head bullets ?

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Nope.

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
I have a bunch of glocks and different ones; but I've pretty much settled upon a Sig 365 for most carry any more.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
As I posted previously, I am currently schlepping my P365XL, but if I had to make a switch, I'd go with a G43X like Montana Marine's. I shoot with my brother-in-law a fair bit; he has a G43X with the metal mag release and he uses 15 rd Shield mags. It's nice. I don't know if all 43X triggers are schweet, but his is amazing. It's a great trigger. It's a lot of gun (and ammo) for its size.

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.
N
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
N
I've been real happy with the Sig 365X. I already owned the 365, so by buying the XL, I have 3 guns.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've always intended to buy the P365, but I shoot the LC9sPro well enough that change is not a priority.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I carried the Ruger LC9s for several years. Now its pretty much the Ruger Max 9. Nothing bad to say about either one.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Shield plus. Replaced my glock 19 for EDC

Clos

NRA Life Member

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have some of the early Shields and really like them for being compact, thin, and accurate.

I was searching for something with more rounds and shot the P365 and the Hellcat a lot before deciding on the P365 which was very close decision.

I won't be selling my Shields but now carry the P365 for my needs.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
15+ 1 with a sheild mag in warm weather.
Back pocket carry.
Hogue grip.
These 48,s are jumpy with out one due to the slim line profile IMO.
Double D 3.5 connector.
After market tru glo tritium,s

46 rds total under jacket in a horizontal shoulder holster in cold weather.

I have carried some BFP,s in cold weather like that.

Outrageously BFP,s 😄😄😄

I really like the 48.
And have owned alot of glocks.

Little bit over a 4 inch barrel
Accurate out to 25 30 yds.
Slim
Plus up the capacity with the sheild mags.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by renegade50; 10/28/21.
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by renegade50
15+ 1 with a sheild mag in warm weather.
Back pocket carry.
Hogue grip.
These 48,s are jumpy with out one due to the slim line profile IMO.
Double D 3.5 connector.
After market tru glo tritium,s

46 rds total under jacket in a horizontal shoulder holster in cold weather.

I have carried some BFP,s in cold weather like that.

Outrageously BFP,s 😄😄😄

I really like the 48.
And have owned alot of glocks.

Little bit over a 4 inch barrel
Accurate out to 25 30 yds.
Slim
Plus up the capacity with the sheild mags.

Yeah, that's really nice.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
43x,s like you got are really nice also.

This 48 probably the last glock I ever buy.
Even though I been looking at the gen 5 34 non mos ones also.
Hit the 2 blue label limit for the year already.
And the LGS,s do check as part of the program.

Might be a jan or feb purchase.

Have a BFP for a shoulder holster and the 48 for the back pocket.
Azzload of firepower🤔🤔🤔🥴🥴🥴

🥴🥴🥴👍👍👍😄😄😄

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Slumlord schitt his pants bout 5 yrs when I whipped out a G24 one day outta nowhere from under a shirtjac to show him

😄😄😄

I wouldn't reccomend a IWI 941R either.

Thing weighs almost 5 pds loaded with a extra mag under your arm.
But it sure shocks the crap outta people when ya show em what your carrying in the course of general conversation.
😄😄😄

He is always busting my chops about shoulder holsters in the winter.
Miami vice comments
😄😄😄

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
G24, now THAT'S a pistol!

Someday I want to build or buy a G24 slide since I have the 6" conversion barrels in 9mm and 357 Sig for my G22.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I usually wear a Glock 43 with a Crimson Trace laser/light combo, with two seven round mags in reserve.

I have been trying out an iron sighted SIG 365 XL.

I tried it with the red dot, but can’t get used to it.

It fits in all of my Glock 43 holsters, as does a Ruger SR22.

I run the 12 round mag in the gun with a 15 as a reload in my key pocket of my jeans.

So far so good.

The trigger reset is a bit different than the Glock, and that’s taking some getting used to.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
LGS has a P30.
Hmmmm, was wanting a VP9

Have P30L and P365, was wanting a tweener

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Original shield usually in a fobus on the side, back pocket carry it with uncle mikes iwb that I cut the plastic clip off of. I had a Glock 48 but I hated that thing. I shoot the shield much better.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I've carried a couple different 9's but the one I've always gone back too and is my current carry is a Gen4 Glock 26. I can use all the higher cap 9mm glock mags if I need or want to and I shoot it well. I have Pearce +1 baseplates on the mags. Recently got a streamlight tlr 6 to try out as well.

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
I prefer the Ruger LC9s for pocket carry. It rides nice in small isw holster also. It is dependable with decent accuracy. It is very easy to work the safety while still in pocket holster. I am comfortable carry with safety one and slide it off if concerned about possible uncomfortable situation. My trigger finger has had enough practice after shooting one box. Recoil is not bad but it does take a toll on my trigger finger.
I started with a Karr all steel 9mm. Probably the most accurate of the small pistols but did not feelgood in my hand.
The RABI in 9 was a real shooter but mine was before they put a decocker in the little pistol. I was never comfortable lowering a SMALL exposed hammer with the trigger pulled. They have improved that pistol now.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Sharpshooter97
I've carried a couple different 9's but the one I've always gone back too and is my current carry is a Gen4 Glock 26. I can use all the higher cap 9mm glock mags if I need or want to and I shoot it well. I have Pearce +1 baseplates on the mags. Recently got a streamlight tlr 6 to try out as well.

I may actually go back to G26 if I need something with more capacity than what I have now. There is no going wrong with subcompact Glock. The rest of the stuff in striker-fired category mentioned above are just copis of a subcompact Glock. If one chooses POS plastic-framed pistol it might as well have stout plastic construction not some bare minimum "thin" POS the competition is peddling now.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Sharpshooter97

I may actually go back to G26 if I need something with more capacity than what I have now. There is no going wrong with subcompact Glock. The rest of the stuff in striker-fired category mentioned above are just copis of a subcompact Glock. If one chooses POS plastic-framed pistol it might as well have stout plastic construction not some bare minimum "thin" POS the competition is peddling now.

And, again, when I didn't think you could be any dumber, you prove me wrong.

🤣

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have strong feeling I am going to buy another subcompact Glock. I like inexpensive to fix POS plastic-framed stuff. Glock forums are good source of comedy entertainment. You know, like guys asking why certain Gen 3 or Gen 4 guns have dot inside pentagon barrel mark. The dot means police weapon where ballistics can determine what gun fired bullet came from. They explanation is some kind of mythical harder type 6 alloy steel.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Well, there's a lot of variables in this question. Just my experience for carrying.
Full-size 1911
Mid size Glock 19
Compact. Hellcat
Subcompact Ruger lcp II in 380. This is my summer shorts and flip flops gun

Like said try as many as you can but I don't have a million buddies to try out their pistols. However you should be able to handle many at a good gun store

Good luck in your search. Any gun you carry is better than the one left at the house.

MGunns

S
S
I carry a Sig P365 in my pocket in a Sticky holster.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If it has to be smaller than a GLOCK G36 slimline .45 ACP?

The Sig P938.

[Linked Image from media.server.theshootingwarehouse.com]

GR

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Had a P938. Hated it.

John Stark.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It looks like quality metal framed pistol. I imagine tiny safety would be PIA to operate especially under stress. frown Nice departure from usual plastic-framed, stamp metal filled POS stuff often paraded as real quality on here.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by David_Walter
Had a P938. Hated it.

147 gr. std. pressure ammo is a match made in heaven.

What I hate is the icicle trigger, and shootin' 4" 25 yard groups w/ it.

No, wait...

GR

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
My son carries Sig 938 and likes it a lot.

J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
I have been carrying my SW 3913 for the better part of 20 years and it has never let me down. Great slim, light 9mm.

Last edited by Jim2914; 11/01/21.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Jim2914
I have been carrying my SW 3913 for the better part of 20 years and it has never let me down. Great slim, light 9mm.

They are great pistols for concealed carry and IWB carry in particular. I have a Sig P239 which was Sig's equivalent to the 3913 that I also used to carry a lot. It has been replaced in my carry rotation but it's still a very viable option.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It looks like quality metal framed pistol. I imagine tiny safety would be PIA to operate especially under stress. frown Nice departure from usual plastic-framed, stamp metal filled POS stuff often paraded as real quality on here.

The manual safety is small, but still pretty easy to operate... but not like a 1911.

W/ the heavier trigger pull, just hit the safety comin' out, and then re-engage goin' back in, w/o all the 1911 fiddle-factor in between.

Just keep your booger-picker off the bang switch... like a Glock.

The slide is also free when locked-n-cocked, for press checks and loading/unloading.

In a thin suede Galco stow-n-go IWB holster at 3:30, it's not even there until you grab it.

Trunks and tuxedo pistol.

GR

K
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
K
I carry a Ruger LC9S Pro most days. No longer made. Other days, I carry a Sig P365. Never a failure with either.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Under a light shirt a P-365 has been my go to for the last couple of years. With heavier clothes a Colt Wiley Clapp CCO 45 ACP is my preferred EDC CCW.

As much as I’ve gotten to like the P-365 the WC 45 ACP is my favorite. Unsurpassed ergonomics and with a Novak LoMount Carry 1911 Tritium Dot Ghost, its the fastest sight picture day or night. Points better out of the holster than the other EDCs I’ve tried, for my grip.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty of give me death! P. Henry

Deus vult!

Rhodesians all now

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
This is how I roll now,

How are the 15 round mags working out? The metal mag release is a necessity, correct?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I wish those guys (Shield) would get back on their original project of making a 9 to 10-round Glock 43 mag.

John Stark.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The Kel-Tek PF9 is only 12.6 ounces.

May 22, 2016 — The handgun used to kill unarmed black teenager Trayvon Martin in 2012 has been sold for $250,000 (£172,000), US media say.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by JB in SC
This is how I roll now,

How are the 15 round mags working out? The metal mag release is a necessity, correct?

Two thumbs up. No hitches or glitches.

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
MY personal choices is based around the thought process of what I actually would want to use in a fight, versus what is comfortable or convenient, though that does play a factor. What I have found size wise for me is that while I can shoot a G26 slow fire pretty accurately, I cannot do so in a rapid manner. Running a G26 through typical USPSA drills I find that the G26 is simply too small for my size XL hands and my performance suffers substantially compared to a G19/17.

I find the G19 is about the smallest I am willing to go, that were I to be forced to engage a couple of BGs, that I would be comfortable with the handgun, my ability to perform with it, and the on board capacity. While I carry a J frame often as a BUG, the G19 is really the smallest in terms of daily primary carry.

Yes, there are a bunch of new guns on the market now that are roughly the same category. Yes they all do something new and improved. But most are still guns that require a holster. While there is nothing new or exciting about a G19, I trust it completely as I have used one rather extensively personally and as a work gun and that familiarity to the point of unconscious competence is another factor that tends to have me favor the G19 (or a G17/34). I don't have to think about running one or lining up the sights or trigger control. I can focus on the threat.

Frankly I consider Glock 9mms to be like high quality utility knives. There is not a single thing exciting about it. But as long as you feed it quality ammo/blades, whatever, it will give you a lifetime of reliable service.

Put the pistol in a high quality holster and a proper belt and you are good to go. The holster and belt play far more into carrying comfort than many inexperienced tend to realize. I see guys complaining about how XX is too big to carry but upon further discussion it is revealed that they put their $700 fancy blaster in a $25 piece of garbage and hate carrying the gun due to discomfort. A proper holster makes all the difference in the world.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Walther PPS M1. The current M2 is not an improvement.

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Mrs Walter has the PPS M2 and likes it.

For the size, a 365XL offers more bangs in the magazine.

John Stark.
D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Clarkm

May 22, 2016 — The handgun used to kill unarmed black teenager Trayvon Martin in 2012 has been sold for $250,000 (£172,000), US media say.

Nice to be able to drop it in your pocket and go. 18oz fully loaded.
I actually carry all the time and the PF9 is very convenient.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Mighty difficult to disagree with a 19, the trigger reach is a little too much for me so I carry a 43X. I have Mitch Rosen OWB holsters and they work very well with a good belt.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
MY personal choices is based around the thought process of what I actually would want to use in a fight, versus what is comfortable or convenient, though that does play a factor. What I have found size wise for me is that while I can shoot a G26 slow fire pretty accurately, I cannot do so in a rapid manner. Running a G26 through typical USPSA drills I find that the G26 is simply too small for my size XL hands and my performance suffers substantially compared to a G19/17.

I find the G19 is about the smallest I am willing to go, that were I to be forced to engage a couple of BGs, that I would be comfortable with the handgun, my ability to perform with it, and the on board capacity. While I carry a J frame often as a BUG, the G19 is really the smallest in terms of daily primary carry.

Yes, there are a bunch of new guns on the market now that are roughly the same category. Yes they all do something new and improved. But most are still guns that require a holster. While there is nothing new or exciting about a G19, I trust it completely as I have used one rather extensively personally and as a work gun and that familiarity to the point of unconscious competence is another factor that tends to have me favor the G19 (or a G17/34). I don't have to think about running one or lining up the sights or trigger control. I can focus on the threat.

Frankly I consider Glock 9mms to be like high quality utility knives. There is not a single thing exciting about it. But as long as you feed it quality ammo/blades, whatever, it will give you a lifetime of reliable service.

Put the pistol in a high quality holster and a proper belt and you are good to go. The holster and belt play far more into carrying comfort than many inexperienced tend to realize. I see guys complaining about how XX is too big to carry but upon further discussion it is revealed that they put their $700 fancy blaster in a $25 piece of garbage and hate carrying the gun due to discomfort. A proper holster makes all the difference in the world.

This^^^^ 100%.

Manny

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

If one does not mind long heaver trigger pull there is one of the original micro 9s which was an alternative to G26. It was called P11 and can be found on second-hand market in USA depending on condition for <$250.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

If one does not mind long heaver trigger pull there is one of the original micro 9s which was an alternative to G26. It was called P11 and can be found on second-hand market in USA depending on condition for <$250.

The KT P11 is hardly "micro". And yeah that trigger sucks badly. It paled in light of the K9 which appeared on the scene about the same time. The advent of the P9 should have been the final nail in the KT P11's coffin, but so many people believe their life is worth only half the price. Guns like the CW9 and the Shield must have finally finished it off - thankfully.

The PF9 probably isn't far behind - although it's a far better piece than the P11.

And as much as I've liked the Kahr line, none of the above is "the best".

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by FreeMe

The KT P11 is hardly "micro". And yeah that trigger sucks badly. It paled in light of the K9 which appeared on the scene about the same time. The advent of the P9 should have been the final nail in the KT P11's coffin, but so many people believe their life is worth only half the price. Guns like the CW9 and the Shield must have finally finished it off - thankfully.

The PF9 probably isn't far behind - although it's a far better piece than the P11.

And as much as I've liked the Kahr line, none of the above is "the best".

Slavek doesn’t own any guns. He’s just full of schitt.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
What’s the difference between the model 48 and 43 Glocks? I just don’t recall seeing here or Lgs anything about the 48’s.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by viking
What’s the difference between the model 48 and 43 Glocks? I just don’t recall seeing here or Lgs anything about the 48’s.

The grip frame is longer and wider (permitting double stack mags) on the 48. Slide/barrel is longer, too.

R
RGK Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
When I carry a 9mm (not that often; I usually have a 2" S&W Airweight on me), I like a BHP. Holster is an Israeli-inside the pants product that hides the pistol well and is very comfortable. Been thinking about a Glock 19 lately, though. It's definitely been around long enough.
Bob

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RGK
When I carry a 9mm (not that often; I usually have a 2" S&W Airweight on me), I like a BHP. Holster is an Israeli-inside the pants product that hides the pistol well and is very comfortable. Been thinking about a Glock 19 lately, though. It's definitely been around long enough.
Bob

These are not bad if you find aluminum alloy framed one once used by police departments in certain European countries (not sure if Belgium, Denmark or Holland?) Unfortunately in USA uncommon means big $, but if you can manage DA/SA you can find bargain in form of Gen 3 S&W alloy framed pistols. The compacts had 12 round magazines and were DA/SA or DAO configuration. These can be found in 9x19 or .40S&W for <$400 even if in excellent condition ie much < SIG or BHP.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush

Ok, but not everyone is in top shape with little body fat. Fat people will need suspenders to keep large/heavier gun up and clothing does not simply drape down past their waist, therefore, concealment will be more difficult for them.

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
There is no such thing as a "best" CC 9mm. As long as you stay with the offerings of Glock, S&W, Springfield, SIG, Ruger, Kahr, Walther, etc, you can't go wrong. Just pick the one that is "best" for you.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by JB in SC
This is how I roll now,

The metal mag release is recommended. I could see where metal against polymer could cause some wear issues down the road.

Here's a good vid covering the 43X and the Shield magazines with 15-round, and extended with 20-round capacities.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
MM

Gotcha that’s what I read, thanks.

JB

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Swapping out the mag release is easy to do.

I needed a hooked tool to lift the mag release spring out of it's recess, I just took a Makarov cleaning rod that I have, and bent the tip over 90 degrees. Worked great. Popped the spring up, then needle-nose pliers to pull it out. The rest of the swap was intuitive, and took less than one minute.

D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Originally Posted by jwp475

For me as well. I have the SAS version - nothing to catch. With my alien gear holster I hardly feel it.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Sig 365 with safety for me. Had a Ruger LC9, and when shooting for my ccw course, magazine would fall out on its own after 2 or 3 shots . Ruger fixed it, but was never comfortable with that gun after that.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
My P-365 is on me every day and I forget it's even there. I also have a Hellcat, but would just as soon sell it.
Someone mentioned the mags being hard to load. I only read about half this thread, so pardon me if I missed anyone else mention this, But Maguts makes a +2 conversion for both the 10 and 12 round mags that add virtually no length to the magazine (1/32" I believe it is). They use the flat type springs (like most rifle followers use) rather than a coiled spring like is in the mag from the factory. My experience has been they allow you to put two more rounds into the mag MUCH easier than filling the factory mag with the standard amount. I have mags I had to use an Uplula loader just to get a factory mag filled that once I made the conversion I could load the two extra rounds by hand with no problem and no break in. I especially like the 12 to 14 round conversion. You literally can't tell the difference just by looking at it. It's a mighty small package for a 14+1.

M7

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Tag

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Don't ask me about my military service or heroic acts...most of it is untrue.

Pronoun: Yes, SIR !
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Have tried a few over the years , currently I've been using a Glock 48, SIG P365XL w/ manual safety, SIG P239 and a SIG P225 .
Not happy at all with the P365XL trigger, even after putting almost 500 rounds of NATO spec ball ammunition through it, it's no great shakes .
I am really starting to like the Glock 48 and I am not a Glock guy at all .

YMMV

StarchedCover

Semper Fi
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I got a 365 with the safety today, the curved trigger feels a lot better. Didn’t care for the XL trigger.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

I needed a hooked tool to lift the mag release spring out of it's recess, I just took a Makarov cleaning rod that I have, and bent the tip over 90 degrees. Worked great. Popped the spring up, then needle-nose pliers to pull it out. The rest of the swap was intuitive, and took less than one minute.

Did you see that pic tutorial I posted up when I installed the sheild metal mag release on my 48.
Ran across a vid doing google fu before the install.
Basically pull the cartridge out of a ink pen and use the pen tube to slide over the spring and move it to install the mag release.
Had ta use a dental pick to move the spring at 1st to slide the pen tube body down.

Either way is easy to do.
But people still pay others to do simple task.
Which boogles my mind...

Last edited by renegade50; 11/19/21.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by SheriffJoe

They did make real good one for short while. It was subcompact .45ACP with light alloy frame (not plastic pos) and rotating barrel. This lockup is very good for handling different pressure loads, but for obvious reason requires more maintenance ie cleaning for optimal reliability. I do not remember model designation.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by renegade50

Did you see that pic tutorial I posted up when I installed the sheild metal mag release on my 48.
Ran across a vid doing google fu before the install.
Basically pull the cartridge out of a ink pen and use the pen tube to slide over the spring and move it to install the mag release.
Had ta use a dental pick to move the spring at 1st to slide the pen tube body down.

Either way is easy to do.
But people still pay others to do simple task.
Which boogles my mind...

I didn't see that, but I can see where that would work well.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I own 10 different design 9x19 pistols, and I have to go with the thinnest and lightest one, the Kel-tek PF9 for carry.
https://www.keltecweapons.com/firearm/pistols/pf9/

It is small but still takes my Atomic handloads.

A pistol with a wider grip, like a Beretta 92, is much less painful to shoot the atomic handloads.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Atomic handloads = Need for larger cartridge with more energy.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I am fine with a Glock 43. 48 or 19. Also ok with a Browning Hi Power and carried one on duty off and on for 15 years. How much time did you spend with the 43X ? I like them and when I pull the slide off of the 43 and 48 the 43 slide goes on the 48 and bingo, a 43x.

We all be different and like what we like. One thing for sure is to get what you want and shoot the heck out of it!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RGK
Bob

These are not bad if you find aluminum alloy framed one once used by police departments in certain European countries (not sure if Belgium, Denmark or Holland?) Unfortunately in USA uncommon means big $, but if you can manage DA/SA you can find bargain in form of Gen 3 S&W alloy framed pistols. The compacts had 12 round magazines and were DA/SA or DAO configuration. These can be found in 9x19 or .40S&W for <$400 even if in excellent condition ie much < SIG or BHP.

I have a couple alloy framed BHP.... So nice to carry. 1/2 lb less

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I carried a tricked out Browning Hi Power for many years, but leave a Glock 19 in the truck because it is more user friendly in the winter when wearing gloves.

Several months ago I picked up the Glock 48 and put the Shield Arms steel magazine release in it and have 7 Shield Arms 15 round mags with two 5 round extensions. So instead of 10 rounds I now have 20 if needed. I put a Vickers Tactical Slide release and Vickers Elite Battle sight with tritium dot in front and one in rear. Added a tungsten guide rod and and an aluminum mag well.

D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I own 10 different design 9x19 pistols, and I have to go with the thinnest and lightest one, the Kel-tek PF9 for carry.
https://www.keltecweapons.com/firearm/pistols/pf9/

It is small but still takes my Atomic handloads.

A pistol with a wider grip, like a Beretta 92, is much less painful to shoot the atomic handloads.

I tried the S&W Shield and found it too big and heavy. I tried the SCCY CPX-2 and found it just too thick for comfortable pocket carry. I handled the Glock 43 and wondered what the hell Glock was thinking when they created that POS. Then I tried the PF9 and said "yeeesss!" - a real 9mm solution to the problem of drop in the pocket concealed carry.

Now the man-boys are all clamoring for 15 shot micro-pistols. But I'm reminded that a lot of folks bought the Taurus Judge and S&W Governor too - so I carry on.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
This is my 9mm carry. Hardly know it's there. Smooth lines so it doesn't catch on anything.
It's labeled " 9mm short" we know it as a 380.

"The older I get, the better I was"
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
467 members (1Longbow, 160user, 300jimmy, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 257 mag, 46 invisible), 2,042 guests, and 974 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,595
Posts18,398,143
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.