Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
A
AGL4now Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
Are the shelves fully stocked....??? Are prices back to 2018 prices....???

ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, balls'to the wall, the pedal floored, full throttle, it is a delightful place, to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).
BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Seriously???? How far out in the sticks is one?

Last edited by 1minute; 10/12/21.

1Minute
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Not much here and what there is priced quite a bit higher than in 2018.

Even WM has bumped prices by between 20% and 30% when they have it.

Cabela's is price gouging, particularly the .22 LR ammo that is going for over $0.10 per round in bulk pack.

I can't remember the last time that I saw 30-30 ammo anywhere and it used to be everywhere.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
[quote=]

“Cabelas is price gouging”

At home in Canada, at Cabelas I have bought the 150rd bulk box of Herters .223 for 79.98 cdn which equals about $53.50 US.
When I was in Cabelas, Wichita the same ammo was $119.98 US.
Our back home stock has dwindled a bit, but one can still get pretty much anything your looking for, not like the empty shelves I see here in the south. Bob.

Last edited by 450yukon; 10/12/21.
A
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by 1minute
Seriously???? How far out in the sticks is one?
It has been roughly three years maybe four years I was last in a gun store. For the last decade or more I have only gone to town once a year, generally the end of October. But I am not going this year. When I do go to town, there is far to many more important things then gun stores, that "need" to get done. It just seems strange everyone is obsessed with cost of gasoline. So I was curious if the ammo shortage problem has been fixed.

ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, balls'to the wall, the pedal floored, full throttle, it is a delightful place, to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Some of the other larger suppliers in Missouri just list
higher prices along with " out of stock".
I have some primed brass in 300 H&H magnum. Major suppliers
are not stocking it now-and its listed above $2 a case-$80 for 50 pieces of brass. (out of stock).
Mine is for sale below that-primed brass. Components are NOT fixed....

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena-not the critic"-T. Roosevelt
There are no atheists in fox holes or in the open doors of a para's aircraft.....
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
My older daughter shot up all 250 rounds of her .380 ammo plinking, rather than using the matching .22 that she had 2,000 rounds of ammo for. So she calls me and says that she can't find any .380 ammo and wants me to find some for her. I told her that she can search the 'net better than me and it needs to be on her dime, not mine. It appears as though I failed to adequately explain the understudy concept to her.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Best described as “spotty”.

Rimfire, which is mostly what I buy, is available online, but you need to look for it and sign up for notifications. Just got two bricks of Eley Club that way. Coulda had more.

Was buying target shotshells online, but they’re ferociously expensive. My club has them for $8-$10, so I’m using those now. Brands are “random”.

What fresh Hell is this?
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
It’s far from over. The hunting ammo supply is dismal. I actually expect things to get worse in the near future.

I enjoy handguns and I really like shotguns,...but I love rifles!
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I’m picking up a new rifle in the next day or so. Not looking for ammo, but it’ll be interesting to see what they have. Last time I was in a shop, they had .223 and some pistol ammo, maybe some buckshot.

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
We have a decent supply of everything (except 243), but I really think I don’t have near enough in the warehouse. Had I kept our ammo online, we’d be empty.

I really believe it’s about to get worse. I’m thinking worse than 2020 - worse than we’ve ever seen.

I think everyone better get what they can as soon as they can. Reloading supplies too.

I enjoy handguns and I really like shotguns,...but I love rifles!
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
AGL4now: He-he.
Laughably, NO!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

A
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
AGL4now: He-he.
Laughably, NO!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Must be some "Secret Squirrel" gibberish.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I still think the guberment was involved in this shortage.They are afraid of the insurrecting,white supremacist,Bible loving,commie hating,gun toting domestic terrorist being a threat to their democracy. We don't have a democracy.We have a Representative Republic,if we can keep it.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
As Bob Hagel would say"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."Good words of wisdom...............
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I don’t know that it’ll ever get much cheaper at least not in the short term. There’s a major disruption to the world supply system and there are hundreds or thousands of container ships off the west coast waiting to be offloaded and distributed. Any materials used in the manufacture of ammunition is subject to that potential variable and the costs will reflect that, gouger s withstanding the prices around here aren’t bad with our Cabelas being about as fair as they come. I bought 450 rounds of Federal 62grBTHP for $250 and 100rds of 9mm 147gr Winchester Silvertip HP for $80. I bought 4 pounds of 4064 and 2520 as well as a pound of X-Terminator for ~$32 each. I also bought 2 20rd boxes of Federal Fusion 200gr 35 Whelen for $33 each and a box of Remington .338WM 200gr Ballistic Tip for $40. I also found a stash of Norma Custom Loaded .222Rem Mag for $80 per 50 (fair for an obsolete loading). Based on those prices each man can decide if those are fair prices or not. I thought they were and I plan on going back for more. I’m going to “waste” the 35 Whelen Fusions to shoot in my new rebore from JES when it gets here. 😁…..I also bought several 20rd boxes or .223 70grTTSX ..Vor-TX brand for $30 each.

As to the amount of inventory….it’s not bad but it’s not close to the way it was before. Most places have all the bullets you’d need but powder is hit and miss while primers are non-existent.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
For all you fellas talking online sales in the Alaska thread, forget it... we can't get online ammo sales up here (not without a huge group buy and having it barged up from Tacoma anyways).

Intellectual honesty is the most important character trait in human beings.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It will never be over if we can help it.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I was talking about in person sales at stores that are everywhere. 😉

If I was talking online I would have said online.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 450yukon
At home in Canada, at Cabelas I have bought the 150rd bulk box of Herters .223 for 79.98 cdn which equals about $53.50 US.
When I was in Cabelas, Wichita the same ammo was $119.98 US.
Our back home stock has dwindled a bit, but one can still get pretty much anything your looking for, not like the empty shelves I see here in the south. Bob.

Try buying bullets in Canada. Check X-Reload. There are none, nada.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by AGL4now
Are the shelves fully stocked....??? Are prices back to 2018 prices....???

This is a joke, right?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
670 members (16Racing, 1234, 163bc, 06hunter59, 09wingates, 75 invisible), 2,677 guests, and 1,213 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,608
Posts18,398,386
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.