Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Can get the Nashville or Indy house AND possibly up to 50-75-100 acres if you get it a couple of counties away from the infected deep blue urban areas of Metro-Nashvile-Davidson County

And your prop taxes might be in the realm of 10k

An lo, just think if you can build it yourself or youre not a life-long douche bag and have a friend that is a general contractor. You build it under his license, hire subs out for the major phases. Live on-site in a metal building till all is done

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by slumlord
Can get the Nashville or Indy house AND possibly up to 50-75-100 acres if you get it a couple of counties away from the infected deep blue urban areas of Metro-Nashvile-Davidson County

And your prop taxes might be in the realm of 10k

An lo, just think if you can build it yourself or youre not a life-long douche bag and have a friend that is a general contractor. You build it under his license, hire subs out for the major phases. Live on-site in a metal building till all is done

Exactly.

To each their own but I’ve never understood the McMansion on a 1/4 acre lot mentality. I’ll take acreage over six bedrooms and 10 bathrooms all day.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76

To each their own but I’ve never understood the McMansion on a 1/4 acre lot mentality. I’ll take acreage over six bedrooms and 10 bathrooms all day.

Gets even worse when you look at more average new homes here, two- story boxes on quarter-acre lots just feet apart hastily thrown together by immigrant labor. Streets no wider than what they can get away with, constant stalled traffic coming and going due to insufficient infrastructure.

Still continuing unabated around this county.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
A million will buy a 400 acre farm with house, barn, equipment buildings around here.

IC B2

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A

Same here. I would take a double wide on acreage, over any McMansion ever built.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This is an example of what the similar housing in different places cost. My brother had a job that moved him every few years. We have a house in Louisiana that 20 years ago was worth about 35K. My brother was moved to the DC area about that time and bought a similar size house that needed some minor repairs and spent 160K. He lived there about 10 years, and sold the house for 300K+, when he was moved to the Los Angeles area. There a similar sized house would have cost him 500K+. He knew he wouldn't be out there very long, so he just rented.

These examples are over about a 10 yr span and housing prices went up during that time. However, the house in Louisiana is still not worth 500k.

Last edited by Oldman03; 10/13/21.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
That would be $2 mil here.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Don't move to vt. My property taxes are 12k on a 3 bedroom ranch on 3 acres. 20 years ago when I bought it they were 3.5k so thats what happens under democrat control.

living the good life every day
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tzone

Yeah, it's getting nuts where I'm at.

IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
1/2 the people in this country have lost their minds

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by auk1124

Same here. I would take a double wide on acreage, over any McMansion ever built.

Many in America will agree with you, but most of those guys don’t have enough teeth to chew a chicken McNugget.

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by goalie
Originally Posted by tzone

Yeah, it's getting nuts where I'm at.

Me too. I’ve lived here 12 years and my house has literally doubled in value. Contractors are throwing up houses around me that are $7-800 k and they sell in less than a month. We have an awesome school district which is part of it but pure madness has to be the rest.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Tracker
Online Shocked
Campfire Tracker
Nashville is one of the hottest housing markets in the country and has been so for many years. Property values continue to soar and home sales are ridiculous. Just about every home sale becomes a bidding war and sellers are seeing record prices.

What is truly remarkable is the velocity of farm sales and large tract sales in central/east Tennessee and north Georgia. Most are sold sight unseen as more west coasters and rust belt folks flee their liberal utopias. Unfortunately, they also bring their political ideology with them so they are not well received by the locals. But the trend continues.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
W
WMR Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by JeffP
1/2 the people in this country have lost their minds

Finally, something EVERYONE can agree on. We just can't agree on which half it is!

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by STRSWilson
Nashville is one of the hottest housing markets in the country and has been so for many years. Property values continue to soar and home sales are ridiculous. Just about every home sale becomes a bidding war and sellers are seeing record prices.

What is truly remarkable is the velocity of farm sales and large tract sales in central/east Tennessee and north Georgia. Most are sold sight unseen as more west coasters and rust belt folks flee their liberal utopias. Unfortunately, they also bring their political ideology with them so they are not well received by the locals. But the trend continues.

Very true. 7 years ago we paid $4K an acre for a nice size chunk of land. All the locals were quick to tell me their uncle Billy Bob or cousin Earle paid a lot less 10-20 years ago (no shiet!)
The lot next to me sold 3 months ago. New owner paid $26K an acre and he was a local.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
We live in arguably one of the worst places in the country.

11 years ago we bought an inexpensive house and we could now sell it for 3x what we paid.

Pointless because I don't want to move.

Just strange though that even out here housing is taking off. I'm honestly not sure why.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Blackheart
A million will buy a 400 acre farm with house, barn, equipment buildings around here.

SURE SURE

And you’re also a custom pistol smith

LOL

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
The purchase price is just the tip of the iceberg. In California, for example, property taxes are sorta capped under Proposition 13, which was enacted decades ago to ensure that older folks who stay in their home won't end up being bankrupted by property taxes as the valuations rise.

Well, that million dollar house gets re-assessed when it is sold, to the sales price, so a property tax bill that used to be about $600 a year (which is what my parents were paying for their house just south of SF) jumps to about $12,000 a year for the new owners.

The people who bought the house I just sold in CA are now facing a property tax bill of about twice what we used to pay, along with skyrocketing utility and insurance costs. Maybe I'm just getting old, but the idea of paying $3,000 a month in property taxes alone for a house in the burbs is a deal killer.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BobBrown
Originally Posted by Blackheart

SURE SURE

And you’re also a custom pistol smith

LOL

No, no, no....$2k an acre for productive ground and $200k for house, barn, and outbuildings. Real life son.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (257 mag, 10Glocks, 222Sako, 163bc, 16Racing, 1badf350, 59 invisible), 2,518 guests, and 1,316 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,674
Posts18,456,109
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.