Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
Originally Posted by The_Yetti
I tried making one, Ted's product is way better and well with the price!!! Mine will be getting used a lot in a few days!

Ok. I didn't know he sold them. I read a few posts and it reminded me of reading it way back before I joined.
Looks like an easy diy project , but since it's a member that sells them, maybe I'll go that route instead.

It's a side gig

https://www.frankenstudslingkeeperfsk.com/

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
BP-B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The frankenstud is obscenely expensive for what it is. You can buy a pulley at Home Depot for $4, remove the wheel, and attach it to your pack to get the same thing for 10% of the price.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I used one for 4 or 5 years. It was much better than letting the rifle constantly slide off but I've since switched to a Boonie Packer Safari sling. I like that MUCH better.

You've convinced me.
I think I will make and experiment with the Safari sling before going the other route. I am getting out the leather straps and hardware this week.
They both look like good concepts. I just need to try to see what works for me. I'd like to see more videos other than Boonies. It's been around a couple decades so there should be some on YT.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The frankenstud is obscenely expensive for what it is. You can buy a pulley at Home Depot for $4, remove the wheel, and attach it to your pack to get the same thing for 10% of the price.

Obviously I can't make everyone happy but trust me...I'm not bending anyone's arm and you can always get by cheaper to rig up something with made in China hardware from ChinaDepot

But really?

Frankenstud insanely expensive for what it is?

You must not buy much 6061 bar stock aircraft aluminum or own a Okuma CNC Lathe or lathe tooling.....or own and use powdercoating paraphernalia
But by all means you-be-you

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G

Machine shop time and materials are expensive, you wont have to ask me how i know, people and metal surgeons are a specialized group!

Trump Won!
IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
im very very pleased with my FSk its one of the best psieces ofkit ive gotten in the past few years

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I used one for 4 or 5 years. It was much better than letting the rifle constantly slide off but I've since switched to a Boonie Packer Safari sling. I like that MUCH better.

You've convinced me.
I think I will make and experiment with the Safari sling before going the other route. I am getting out the leather straps and hardware this week.
They both look like good concepts. I just need to try to see what works for me. I'd like to see more videos other than Boonies. It's been around a couple decades so there should be some on YT.
I made one and used it for a season to see if I liked it. I did so I bought a real one. I just used a piece of nylon strap and a couple pieces of paracord.

― George Orwell

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

You've convinced me.
I made one and used it for a season to see if I liked it. I did so I bought a real one. I just used a piece of nylon strap and a couple pieces of paracord.

Good idea.
I went over a quick inventory of hardware in my shop.
I'm fortunate to have what's needed for it on hand.
It puts the right side up for a quick access handy position. Looking forward to trying it soon.
Thanks

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

You've convinced me.

Good idea.
I went over a quick inventory of hardware in my shop.
I'm fortunate to have what's needed for it on hand.
It puts the right side up for a quick access handy position. Looking forward to trying it soon.
Thanks
The Boonie Packer is made to keep the top up. The ends attach to the swivels so there's a strap on both sides of the gun holding it upright. The ones on the butt are long enough to allow them to fall away when you bring it up to shoot. I think you'll find it much easier to carry that way than on it's side.

― George Orwell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by alpinecrick
Originally Posted by tedthorn
If the Safari Sling is what I think it is I don't want to cary my rifle under my arm pointing forward at a hunting partner

Most folks who have never seen a Safari Sling in use have lots of uninformed opinions about how it works.....

Casey

I've seen them in use by two hunters, these jokers were pointing their rifles at everyone around them. I asked them to not point their rifles in my direction. They acted like it's no big deal, cuz they were using that type of sling. After a few other hunters talked with them, they thought it might be a good idea if they removed their slings.
Saying that, I have not read any instructions on how to use this sling. I didn't think it was a great idea at that time, nor do i wish to learn about them. I'm happy with what I use in a safe manner.

Take care.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I use a Safari. I've said a number of times that muzzle control is it's 1 drawback. You need to pay attention when with other people. It's very easy to slide the gun forward or back to point it up or down but you need to remember to do it.

― George Orwell

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I use a Safari. I've said a number of times that muzzle control is it's 1 drawback. You need to pay attention when with other people. It's very easy to slide the gun forward or back to point it up or down but you need to remember to do it.

Indeed.
I think that's a given when handling any firearm regardless of carry method.
Muzzle discipline is a must.
Cooper's Rules of firearm safety.

Rule One: All guns are always loaded.
Rule Two: Never let the muzzle cover anything which you are not willing to destroy.
Rule Three: Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
Rule Four: Always be sure of your target.

I've seen trained LEOs AD on the line and cleaning, AFTER I warned them. So, I am convinced that safety rule repetition , frequency and discipline is key to safety more than any thing.
Carry methods all have pros and cons. For example, thunder wear, SOB, or appendix carry of sidearms.

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 10/17/21.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Indeed.
I think that's a given when handling any firearm regardless of carry method.
Muzzle discipline is a must.
Cooper's Rules of firearm safety.

Rule One: All guns are always loaded.
Rule Two: Never let the muzzle cover anything which you are not willing to destroy.
Rule Three: Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
Rule Four: Always be sure of your target.

I've seen trained LEOs AD on the line and cleaning, AFTER I warned them. So, I am convinced that safety rule repetition , frequency and discipline is key to safety more than any thing.
Carry methods all have pros and cons. For example, thunder wear, SOB, or appendix carry of sidearms.

Well, I'm sure god would perform (another) miracle to ensure your safety, so no need to worry.........

🙄

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Wow, Crappy Hamper knows all 4 rules of gun safety, Good job Frank.
Now recite your ABC's for us.

Crappy is a tactical mall ninja, dangerous weapons trainer, kukri wielding super hero you know.

"Carry methods all have pros and cons. For example, thunder wear, SOB, or appendix carry of sidearms."

I'm not sure I have ever read such an insightful analysis of our carry options before.
Frank be the man! Laying it all out so we can all grasp this complicated subject matter.

LOL laugh cry laugh cry laugh

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by NVhntr
****Loser****

"But was rebuked for his iniquity: the dumb ass speaking with man's voice..."

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You need to work on your come backs Frank; that one's pretty weak.

Also Frank, it's not cool to change the title on Ted's thread.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Reprobate? There was a guy who talked about judging others, wasn't there? What was it he said, "judge not" or something like that?

What was that guy's name again?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You have to cut Frank some slack due to his brain injuries.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Let's be frank.

Frank who?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Crappy Hamper's name is Frank. At least that is what his buddy Wabigoon calls him.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
696 members (160user, 12344mag, 12308300, 17CalFan, 16Racing, 1234, 67 invisible), 2,729 guests, and 1,273 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,621
Posts18,398,558
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.