T
Thinking about selling this, will do my best to properly describe it
Hatfield rifle built by Ted Hatfield when he had Missouri River Rifle Works
Very low s/n. Below 0010
50 call percussion,buckhorn sight on back, brass blade up front
1-70 twist green mountain barrel
L&r lock double set trigger
Half stock
I have had it since the late 90's, was told it had never been fired. I have never fired it. Has a couple small safe bumps in the wood. Nothing big or ugly
Damn nice rifle, just don't use it. Gonna thin out some stuff that collects dust.

Just because you're offended doesn't mean your right.
GB1

T
Torqued Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Damn,must be worth even less than I thought.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
$400.00 to$550.00 add $100.00 if a flintlock.

Last edited by Hubert; 09/04/20.

T
Torqued Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
I was guessing around $500. But I kind of wanted to hear from some guys more familiar than I am with the black powder stuff. It's a nice smoke pole,I just don't use it.

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Torqued
If you are looking to get the $500 out of it I am interested. I am getting ready to hit the road on a RV/pronghorn hunt so we would have to work out some payment/shipping issues. PM if that would work for you.
Cliff

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The market for sidelock muzzleloaders is not good.

T
Torqued Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Oh well. It's not a must sell. Just getting the itch to get rid of some things I thought I needed and don't use. I don't mind selling stuff for a reasonable price,but I'm not gonna give it away just to make room. It's just fine in the back of the safe.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Sounds like a damn nice piece, I wouldn't sell it for 500 lousy bucks either, I have an all factory T/C big boar in 58 cal, I wouldn't sell my assembly line 58 for 5 bills, much less a nice custom like yours.

Trump Won!
R
R
i sold one just like that but a ,54 caliber this past winter and i got $750 for it on GB.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Years ago, when I was doing a lot of muzzle-loading work and shooting, Hatfield was advertising in the Buckskin Report, a magazine published by John Baird in Big Timber MT. I became a dealer for him and sold 4 or 5 of his rifles. At that time it was his own company and just went by Hatfields or Hatfield Rifles . They were all very nice flintlocks and were slim and had excellent wood and beautiful finish and the old style brown barrels with the triggerguard etc. in brass. The locks were hand made by him, but I suspect they were imported. They weren't the best, but if you did your part they worked good and the rifle was accurate.
I think the rifles were $500.00 dealers cost, but could have been less. I sold all of the ones I ordered for $550.00+ It took forever to get one and I spent a lot of time on the phone listening to the reasons they were taking so long. Like I said, they were all things of beauty ----curley or birdseye maple. He made a 36 cal. for me and out of a special birdseye maple and he put a nicely engraved silver oval name plate with my name on it also. That rifle shot very good and accurate and I won a fair amount of money in matches with it! Years later when I owned a gun shop a guy talked me out of it and I have no idea where it is now.
I read that he later found a way to keep alive and started making percussion models. I never saw one. I think the Pedersoli's are exactly the same but would not bet on it.
My brother still has his 45 flinter and he was at one time interested in selling it.
I think I have pics of it if any of you want to see an early model Hatfield.
By the way the Hatfields I sold were all sold in the early 80's
That percussion model you have , Torqued, is worth more than $600.00 especially with that L&R lock and Green Mountain barrel.
I wish I could find my 36 flinter
Ken

IC B3

T
Torqued Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
bald guy, i appreciate the offer. Decided it's worth $500 just to hang onto it. May get around to shooting it some day. Probably not,but it sounds good in my head. Lol. Thank you.

Y
Y
I've gotten into collecting Hatfields so If the rifle is still available I'm interested! I can be reached at greyfrollandgmail.com
thanks
Grey

Y
Y
Originally Posted by kennymauser
Years ago, when I was doing a lot of muzzle-loading work and shooting, Hatfield was advertising in the Buckskin Report, a magazine published by John Baird in Big Timber MT. I became a dealer for him and sold 4 or 5 of his rifles. At that time it was his own company and just went by Hatfields or Hatfield Rifles . They were all very nice flintlocks and were slim and had excellent wood and beautiful finish and the old style brown barrels with the triggerguard etc. in brass. The locks were hand made by him, but I suspect they were imported. They weren't the best, but if you did your part they worked good and the rifle was accurate.
I think the rifles were $500.00 dealers cost, but could have been less. I sold all of the ones I ordered for $550.00+ It took forever to get one and I spent a lot of time on the phone listening to the reasons they were taking so long. Like I said, they were all things of beauty ----curley or birdseye maple. He made a 36 cal. for me and out of a special birdseye maple and he put a nicely engraved silver oval name plate with my name on it also. That rifle shot very good and accurate and I won a fair amount of money in matches with it! Years later when I owned a gun shop a guy talked me out of it and I have no idea where it is now.
I read that he later found a way to keep alive and started making percussion models. I never saw one. I think the Pedersoli's are exactly the same but would not bet on it.
My brother still has his 45 flinter and he was at one time interested in selling it.
I think I have pics of it if any of you want to see an early model Hatfield.
By the way the Hatfields I sold were all sold in the early 80's
That percussion model you have , Torqued, is worth more than $600.00 especially with that L&R lock and Green Mountain barrel.
I wish I could find my 36 flinter
Ken

Ken,
If your brother has a 45 cal. Hatfield with the Green Mtn Barrel that he would like to part with have him connect with me. I have a sweet spot for these.
greyfrollandgmail.com is my email
thanks
Grey

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

118 members (10Glocks, 44mc, 300jimmy, 41rem, 300_savage, 13 invisible), 1,300 guests, and 824 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,175
Posts18,465,447
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.