Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Sometimes you can save yourself a headache by first putting the batteries in a plastic sleeve (tube) first.

Phil

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Rick, it couldn't hurt to email the company with a photo or two to ask "What now?" They've been known to send people a pre-paid mailing label and then replace the unit no charge. Do that before you bung up anything.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yeah, Maglites get wrecked by leakers (use the lithium cells) but they are better head knockers for things that go bump in the night.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by RickinTN
Hello all,
A couple of years ago I bought a couple of LED "D" cell Mag-Lights for my truck. The last time I used them was last winter as I recall. Since then, and a few surgeries later. I needed on the other day. I pulled it out, and no surprise it didn't work. I too the cap off and the batteries in both lights are corroded. I soaked both with Kroil around the batteries in heavy amounts for over 10 days hoping to free them up. I drilled a hole in the rear battery of one and threaded a large screw hook into the battery. All the pulling I can muster and it's not budging.
Any ideas on other ways to get the batteries out?
Your help and suggestions most appreciated!
Rick

Duracell batteries?

I bet not. I only buy Duracell now.

Energizer is the only brand I’ve had leak (twice). Energizer did send me a check for each item.

OP - pls post brand.

That's funny as schit IB, I've had exactly the opposite problem. I had Duracells ruin 3 flashlights and a thermostat, all Double A's and all Duracell.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Hello all,
A couple of years ago I bought a couple of LED "D" cell Mag-Lights for my truck. The last time I used them was last winter as I recall. Since then, and a few surgeries later. I needed on the other day. I pulled it out, and no surprise it didn't work. I too the cap off and the batteries in both lights are corroded. I soaked both with Kroil around the batteries in heavy amounts for over 10 days hoping to free them up. I drilled a hole in the rear battery of one and threaded a large screw hook into the battery. All the pulling I can muster and it's not budging.
Rick

Duracell batteries?

Energizer is the only brand I’ve had leak (twice). Energizer did send me a check for each item.

OP - pls post brand.

That's funny as schit IB, I've had exactly the opposite problem. I had Duracells ruin 3 flashlights and a thermostat, all Double A's and all Duracell.

🤷‍♀️

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hello all,
Rick

Duracell batteries?

OP - pls post brand.

🤷‍♀️

My experience as well; Duracell and Kirkland batteries from Costco have been my leakers lately. No Energizer problems so far.
I have Kirkland batteries that are supposed to be good until 2030 leaking one year after buying.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Hello all,
Rick

Duracell batteries?

OP - pls post brand.

🤷‍♀️

My experience as well; Duracell and Kirkland batteries from Costco have been my leakers lately. No Energizer problems so far.
I have Kirkland batteries that are supposed to be good until 2030 leaking one year after buying,

I also have had major problems with Duracells destroying flashlights and gadgets the last couple of years. I figure they made some change that takes the "dura" part out of the name. I have switched exclusively to Energizers and have not noticed any problems so far.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This website has honest reviews of modern LED/LEP flashlights, use the drop-down menu to narrow your search:

https://1lumen.com/

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The last couple of years I have had bad luck with Duracell batteries. Lots of leaks. I quit using them a few months back.

Jim

IC B3

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by 5sdad
I never understood how Mag-Lights became such an object of worshipful devotion.

I assume you never had cause to split a man's wig with one. They work marvelously in that capacity. Now, as an illumination device, they can certainly be lacking...

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
No Duracell for me.

I am MAGA.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Rick,
sent you a PM
batteries these days are crap an leak a lot more than they used to.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Unaint sent it in yet ...get moving !

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
Originally Posted by 5sdad
I never understood how Mag-Lights became such an object of worshipful devotion.

I assume you never had cause to split a man's wig with one. They work marvelously in that capacity. Now, as an illumination device, they can certainly be lacking...

Did that once. Had a 4 D cell maglite. He was out like a maglight that had batteries left in it for a year.

Life (and forums) is like a box of animal crackers----There's a Jackass in every box
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Hello all,
Rick

Rick, do yourself a favour and throw it in the bin, then go peruse the Olight site.

Worked for me.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
How often does the need arise to use a light as a club? I've needed one for driving tent stakes 100x more often. They're a little thin to make a good wheel chock. I would prefer a light that's small and bright and leave the clubbing to an M1 Carbine in a quick draw holster.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Big Larry + Lithium...

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Hello all,
Rick

Duracell batteries?

OP - pls post brand.

🤷‍♀️

I have Kirkland batteries that are supposed to be good until 2030 leaking one year after buying.

Kirkland batteries as made by Duracell.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Some batteries rechargeable IIRC, warn against use in a sealed unit. I think they get warm, then hot, then leak.

What fresh Hell is this?
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

619 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 1eyedmule, 10ring1, 160user, 10gaugemag, 57 invisible), 2,769 guests, and 1,274 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,574
Posts18,453,925
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.