G
Another vote for the Sig P365.

BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Waders
I've tried all of these and more:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I don't really dislike any of them. However, not pictured is my Sig P365XL. It checks all the boxes and is as comfortable as a gun can get. It's more accurate than I am.

Very impressive shooting Wade!

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Big Sky Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Wade just so you know I really enjoyed that photo you posted up of your handguns. I own some of the same models.

Is it Friday yet?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Shootability & good accuracy are my 1st requisites & most subcompact's don't meet that criteria well enough to suit me.........really not even close.

So, over time, I've settled on the S&W M&P 2.0 with a 3.6" barrel..............15 round mag, full size grip, but still smaller than most its size like G-19.

Carried appendix style in a TXC holster, it's turned out to be the best choice for me.

Never tried a Sig 365 of any flavor but I doubt it would be better in any respect.

Occasionally I will carry a G26/27, but it really offers nothing better in concealability & it's not nearly as easy to shoot consistently as well.

If I want something slightly bigger, then it's a Commander sized 1911.

YMMV

MM

Last edited by MontanaMan; 10/13/21. Reason: mis-worded
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
From my experience with most of things talked about here 365 XL period old I have recently purchased a Ruger Max 9 and it's not bad at all except a floppy ass trigger from the factory have a gallowway ordered and maybe that will change my mind.

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Shootability & good accuracy are my 1st requisites & most subcompact's don't meet that criteria well enough to suit me.........really not even close.

So, over time, I've settled on the S&W M&P 2.0 with a 3.6" barrel..............15 round mag, full size grip, but still smaller than most its size like G-19.

Carried appendix style in a TXC holster, it's turned out to be the best choice for me.

Never tried a Sig 365 of any flavor but I doubt it would be better in any respect.

Occasionally I will carry a G26/27, but it really offers nothing better in concealability & it's nearly as easy to shoot consistently as well.

If I want something slightly bigger, then it's a Commander sized 1911.

YMMV

MM

I feel the same way, and carry a Glock 19 as my daily carry piece, only occasionally switching to a smaller or pocket sized gun, depending on circumstances.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Some of it depends on your body size. I’m 6’3” with very large hands. I like my Glock 19x a lot. My pinky finger and part of the the other hang off of a 19 grip frame but a 19x fits just right and looks small in my mitts. A good belt makes carrying a larger gun relatively easy.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Glock 43 for ease of concealment and light weight. I have a P365XL with an optic and love it. but for lightweight easy concealment, its hard to beat a G43. Just my opinion.

Ron

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Orwell
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Kahr P-9 is one, my SIG P-938 is another.. Both are quite accurate.. I have a few others, one is the new Kimber Micro Rapide - just haven't taken it to a range yet. But most often I have a Kahr PM-9 with me; not as accurate as the P-9, but for anything under 7 yards, I won't be missing.. smile

One of the things I like most about the Kahrs is the simplicity... No safety to operate, just draw and fire.. Some don't like the longer trigger pull associated with the Kahrs, but I've not found it a distraction..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by jwp475
Originally Posted by NVhntr
I've tried many of the subcompacts and the Sig P365 is where I settled.

This goes for me in spades

Me too. I carry my 365 IWB under (usually) a T-shirt and hardly know it's there. More important than that, to me, is the fact that, somehow, it just shoots like a bigger gun. I can't shoot it quite as well as my most favored regular size pistols, but I can shoot it as well as most of them and it's very comfortable to shoot as well. I can't imagine a better gun for the purpose.

Mathew 22: 37-39

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've held my brothers 365 XL. I like how it felt and the the trigger was ok. But I have not actually fired it. I can understand why many on here like the 365s.

I carry a Glock 19 in a plastic inside the waistband holster with a heavy 511 belt. I sometimes carry a Glock 26 the same way or with a sticky holster in a pocket.

Figures don't lie, But Liars figure
Assumption is the mother of mistakes
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Big Sky
I've owned several 9mm's and I'm struggling to find one light weight and slim enough in design for comfortable concealed carry. I recently had Glock 43X and hated everything about it once I started shooting it. I'll skip all the reasons I hated it, but I won't own another tiny Glock. I replaced it with a S&W Shield Plus. I like the S&W and many of the issues I had the Glock have been solved with the Shield. However it's still a little wide and probably could be just a little lighter weight. I mean it works okay, but it just seems like there should be something else out there that is better. So has anyone found a comfortable to carry 9mm, that is lightweight, slim, and still accurate?

How do you carry?

I hate IWB carry and I hate pocket carry. I've found an OWB holster that works well for me. I carry up to G19s and G23s in my OWB holster and they're very concealable and extremely comfortable.

I use this holster...
https://blackpointtactical.com/shop/leather-wing/

I've tried a variety of holsters over the years and is the first one I'd consider comfortable. May not work for you but maybe look at your holster set up, then go from there.

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I carry the shield plus and the Glock 43x both decent guns for carry. smile

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by NVhntr
I've tried many of the subcompacts and the Sig P365 is where I settled.

Same here.

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
My Shield Plus carries very well as does my G48, but if I were going to buy another Glock, I think I would have to look hard at the 43X

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Oh and I use the Shield Arms mags in my Glock

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
Well, nobody will be able to tell you what is going to be best for you.

I recently sold my Kahr CW9 in favor of the 43X. I really like the 43X.

If you haven't shot a Kahr, you might want to give one a try. Compared to the Glock, it is a tad shorter in the grip, thinner in the grip and slide. The trigger is a smooth rolling stroke. Not the take-up and 'wall', like a Glock. CW9 has a 7-round magazine, and 8-rounder available that sticks out a bit further on the bottom.

The Kahr never bobbled once, from the day I first shot it. Accuracy was good. The target above was 20 yards if I recall correctly. I was just sawing the trigger going through the 200 round break-in that Kahr recommends. As I said already, it never bobbled.

There are others out there that are highly regarded. Sig 365 or 365XL seem to be what most people really like. also Springfield Hellcat, S&W Shield, Ruger quickly come to mind. I don't have any hands-on with any of them to share though. There are many others too, I just kind of hit the wave-tops. Try to handle and shoot as many as you can.

If I remember correctly the guys on THR? said the steel cased Winchester ammo was among the worst available. I have no experience with it, but if what people write is true that is a huge endorsement for the Kahr pistol.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
my preferred 9mm for carry latley has been in the form of a Sig P229R but the 9mm projectile is launched from a 357 Sig case

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Slavek

If I remember correctly the guys on THR? said the steel cased Winchester ammo was among the worst available. I have no experience with it, but if what people write is true that is a huge endorsement for the Kahr pistol.

i bought a kahr cw9 from MM's post.

internet gospel is to run 200 rounds thru it to break in.

i run 500 thru mine.

a mix of brass, steel and aluminum.

winchester and tula ( eeek!) steel.

no problems.

too bad Kahr isnt upping their game with a ~12 rd pistol.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
791 members (163bc, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 160user, 10ring1, 77 invisible), 3,194 guests, and 1,299 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,709
Posts18,400,156
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.