Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
What all the excitement over high blood pressure there seems to be little they can do for low blood pressure which is just as deadly.

BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Texson2
What all the excitement over high blood pressure there seems to be little they can do for low blood pressure which is just as deadly.

I have had a couple of hospital visits where they hooked me up to a heart monitor and the low BP low Heart Rate alarms went off. Turns out those ranges are set for couch potatoes, and I was fine.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
HCTZ/Amlodipine/Metroptolol

Was on Lisinopril.
Had an unexplained episode of sudden face swelling, eyes and mouth.
Scary [bleep], I blew up like a balloon, and it kept going getting worse
by the hour. Took awhile and several hits of medicine at the ER to
get things under control.

Had another attack within a month, this time it was just eyes.

The ER doc ordered Lisinopril to be stopped immediately.
It can cause those kind of things, and he seemed pissed that it
was even being used.

Did an allergy panel with an allergist, couldn't find anything else that
may have triggered it. Lisinopril wasn't in the panel. So no evidence
to prove anything.

That was several years ago, hasn't happened since.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
My mother, father, brothers and sister all started taking blood pressure medicine about age 50.

I am 70 and have never taken it.
I had high blood pressure and cured it myself by cutting carbs.

It is thought that when the body produces too much insulin and leptin in response to a higher-carb diet, it causes blood pressure to increase. Hyperinsulinemia raises blood pressure, in part, by decreasing sodium and water excretion in the kidneys, and directly vasocontristing blood vessels.

Years later, my sister is a pharmacist, and is now slim. If she is not fat, she is off the carbs.

Carbohydrates cause; high blood pressure, diabetes, heart disease, cancer, obesity, stokes, and senility.

The American Heart Association are a bunch of quacks or crooks.

The association was criticized for its recommendations of low-fat diets and its "Heart Check Program", which approved unhealthy foods such as processed cereals high in sugar in exchange of a payment. They have misinformed the public on the nature of sodium. Sodium does not affect blood pressure as they state on their website.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I couldn't take the coughing caused by Lisinopril. I've been on Losartan for a couple years now. It's ok but the Lisinopril worked better.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by ldholton
Long list, will post more later so as no errors. Mostly needed because of impatience and intolerance of ignorant people

Diltiazem [240gr]
Bystolic [ 10mg] only one that have help and the list tied is long.
Not BP meds but Celebrex 50mg 2x a day
And baby aspirin routine .
My biggest issues are stress and dealing with old injuries / pain .

Last edited by ldholton; 10/13/21.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ldholton : Celebrex and asa are not a good combo

History May Not Repeat, But it Rhymes.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by 338Rules
Ldholton : Celebrex and asa are not a good combo

And ??

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
HCTZ/Amlodipine/Metroptolol

Was on Lisinopril.
Had an unexplained episode of sudden face swelling, eyes and mouth.
Scary [bleep], I blew up like a balloon, and it kept going getting worse
by the hour. Took awhile and several hits of medicine at the ER to
get things under control.

Had another attack within a month, this time it was just eyes.

The ER doc ordered Lisinopril to be stopped immediately.
It can cause those kind of things, and he seemed pissed that it
was even being used.

Did an allergy panel with an allergist, couldn't find anything else that
may have triggered it. Lisinopril wasn't in the panel. So no evidence
to prove anything.

That was several years ago, hasn't happened since.

Angioedema. Bad.

Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I couldn't take the coughing caused by Lisinopril. I've been on Losartan for a couple years now. It's ok but the Lisinopril worked better.

ACE cough. Common.

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Was on Amlodipine as part of my regimen. Sapped my energy beyond belief. Doctor cut that and switched me from Losartan to Irbesartan, which is stronger and lasts longer. Also a side order of chlorthalidone, which seems to be very effective.

Be not weary in well doing.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AJ300MAG
Beta blockers don't do well for me. Years ago Doc put me on atenolol. While it did take my heart rate down aprox 20 bpm it was like hitting a brick wall when I was working out. I'd get my heart up to 130 bpm and the fatigue and shortness of breath would kick in. I'd have to slow down to cool down speed, took a long time to recover my energy level. I convinced my doctor to take me off of the atenolol, within six months I had a silent heart attack and ended up with triple bypass surgery. After the surgery my cardiologist put me on metoprolol which has the same effect as the atenolol. I'm also on Norvasc and Lisinapril.

When that happened your doc should have done an EKG on the treadmill to see if you had blockages to your heart muscle blood supply. Classic case of Angina, you start to exercise, but your heart can't supply enough oxygen rich blood to your body because it isn't receiving sufficient oxygen itself. You run out of energy quickly and eventually if you push it too hard you damage your heart muscle and have a heart attack. I got to the point I couldn't go around the yard a single time with my lawnmower without stopping to catch my breath. Went to see my doctor, he had me in my cardiologist the next day- 4 stents placed 2 days later. I feel fine now, but I'm on Metropolol for reduced heart rate and lower my blood pressure and Statins to keep my stents from getting blocked again... felt great ever since... and that was 12 years ago...

Younger brother had the same thing happen to him, but he ended up with a five way bypass and same meds... no problems for him either...

Bob

Last edited by Sheister; 10/13/21.

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

Isosorbide Dinitrate
Carvedilol
Hydralizine
Torsemide

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Sheister
Beta blockers don't do well for me. Years ago Doc put me on atenolol. While it did take my heart rate down aprox 20 bpm it was like hitting a brick wall when I was working out. I'd get my heart up to 130 bpm and the fatigue and shortness of breath would kick in. I'd have to slow down to cool down speed, took a long time to recover my energy level. I convinced my doctor to take me off of the atenolol, within six months I had a silent heart attack and ended up with triple bypass surgery. After the surgery my cardiologist put me on metoprolol which has the same effect as the atenolol. I'm also on Norvasc and Lisinapril.

When that happened your doc should have done an EKG on the treadmill to see if you had blockages to your heart muscle blood supply. Classic case of Angina, you start to exercise, but your heart can't supply enough oxygen rich blood to your body because it isn't receiving sufficient oxygen itself. You run out of energy quickly and eventually if you push it too hard you damage your heart muscle and have a heart attack. I got to the point I couldn't go around the yard a single time with my lawnmower without stopping to catch my breath. Went to see my doctor, he had me in my cardiologist the next day- 4 stents placed 2 days later. I feel fine now, but I'm on Metropolol for reduced heart rate and lower my blood pressure and Statins to keep my stents from getting blocked again... felt great ever since... and that was 12 years ago...

Younger brother had the same thing happen to him, but he ended up with a five way bypass and same meds... no problems for him either...

Bob
I'm opposite heart could/ would hit 180 for no reason the type beta blocker I'm on now relaxed 50

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Sad
Campfire Tracker
W
I take Olmesartan (generic Benicar) plus HCTZ.

Lisinopril gave me a constant dry cough, had to shidt can it.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
If I would known better I would have found a new MD sooner. When I complained to him about my issues he'd tell me that he was concerned that if I had a stress test I'd have a false positive and then a needless heart cath. That didn't work out well...
My LAD ended up with a blockage below the bypass, a cardiologist put in a stent sized too small. That stent grew tissue inside of it. Another cardiologist went in, had to balloon the stent and put in a longer/larger stent. He recommended bracky therapy to deal with the tissue growth. I went in for the radiation treatment as soon as hospitals were seeing cardiology patients again in 2020, in three months time frame the stent was 75% occluded with tissue growth. So far it appears the radiation worked.
I also take imdur to deal with angina issues...

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Coreg (carvedilol)
Benicar HCT
Baby Aspirin

Clonidine worked but kicked my ass and made me so parched I couldn't stand it

All of these knock your dick in the dirt.

The original Frito Bandito!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ldholton
Originally Posted by Sheister

Bob
I'm opposite heart could/ would hit 180 for no reason the type beta blocker I'm on now relaxed 50

My daughter in law has the same heart condition. At the moment they have her on metropolol and something else, can't remember what.... still isn't completely controlled and she has gained a lot of weight due to the slowdown of her metabolism...

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
For every 5 mm/Hg reduction in BP, you lower your risk of stroke 50%.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
100 MG losartan, with 25 MG diuretic built into it. Only side effect has been a knuckle on my right hand hurts sometimes

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Check family history for disease
Until I was laying in the ICU I had no idea that my
maternal grandpa died young of heart failure.
He was a hard working slim jim string bean from
the farm, and he didn't make 60

Metoprolol
Losartan
Amlodipine
Hydrochlorothiazide
Atorvastatin
Aspirin
Every day

It gets old, but I guess it's better than not getting old

JMHO- diet alone won't keep you alive if
your genes have it in for you

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
652 members (1234, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 222ND, 160user, 73 invisible), 2,939 guests, and 1,383 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,658
Posts18,399,290
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.