Campfire Ranger

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

BP-B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Once they announced that it's no longer a crime, they opened the floodgates. They do it in plain sight, without a care in the world, now. Hiring security is no good, either, since the law doesn't permit them to use force if it's not more than a thousand dollars worth of merchandise.

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
But they’re only stealing what they need!

What they need to sell, that is.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
It's a wonder that the city or the state has not compelled Walgreens to keep those stores open.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by There_Ya_Go
It's a wonder that the city or the state has not compelled Walgreens to keep those stores open.

Can they do that? Don’t stock the stores if required to keep them open.

IC B2

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
Kind of a give a don't ch itt moment for me. I would like to see another earthquake and fire take SF to the ground.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
san fran and all its politicians can suck satans dick in a lake of fire for all i care.

My diploma is a DD214
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by hanco

They're doing a lot of things these days that I wouldn't have thought possible, so why not this? I do like your idea of not stocking the shelves if they it comes to that. I'm currently reading a book entitled The Russians. It's by Hedrick Smith who was assigned to Russia by the NY Times in the early 1970s. He describes what life was like for ordinary Russians under communism, and their mechanisms for coping with shortages, red tape, etc. Preview of coming attractions.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
They wonder why there are food deserts and soon all retail deserts!

If you let people steal everything there is NO incentive to try to operate a business. It will be Bye Felicia ....

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Attempts to halt such have sure done wonders for our nations shipping/packaging industries. Something the size of a hearing aid battery is tucked into a package about the size of a loaf of bread.

If opportunity shows up, there will always be those that will take advantage of it. I do feel sorry for investors that put their money into those neighborhoods.

1Minute
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I can see stores being built with a counter and clerks and merchandise behind bars with credit/debit card purchases only. Tell the clerk what you want, he rings it up, you swipe your card and he shoves it out to you. Customers won't be allowed past the counter. Like some of our liquor stores used to be.

Last edited by Hastings; 10/13/21. Reason: added word

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right
They wonder why there are food deserts and soon all retail deserts!

If you let people steal everything there is NO incentive to try to operate a business. It will be Bye Felicia ....

But prosecuting that crime would be, prima facia, anti-black racism, since all the those arrested will be black. Can't have that.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Rem141r: Well said and I wish I had thought of putting it that way!
I nominate you for post response of the week.
But alas it is kalifornicationkopia and I personally don't have any sympathy for anyone stupid enough to live, exist, work or own a business in that schithole.
Sad that
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I blame Soros funding commie district attorney elections.

He has spent more than $32 billion to date, including a whopping $50 million just to the ACLU in 2019. He proudly donates funds to assist BLM and LGBT groups, drug users, sex workers, as well as gun grabbers and anti-American lawsuits.

For years, Soros has also been tied to funding for local district attorney races. He started this funding network considerably around 2015 – mainly through his Open Society Foundation and PACs. His money helped Chicago City Prosecutor Kim Foxx win her election. This woman has now dropped more than 25,000 felony cases to date.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Can't blame the dark folks locally, as we have few. Maybe 1% of our counties population. A couple stores near our high school, however, limit the number of kids allowed in during their wandering about lunch hour. There was not way they could ride herd on groups of 30 or 40 kids hitting the doors at once.

1Minute
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sure hope this doesn't impact Pelosi's ability to buy ice cream.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rem141r
san fran and all its politicians can suck satans dick in a lake of fire for all i care.

That's what's on the menu.

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
If they keep it up there won't be anywhere to get jabbed..

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hastings
I can see stores being built with a counter and clerks and merchandise behind bars with credit/debit card purchases only. Tell the clerk what you want, he rings it up, you swipe your card and he shoves it out to you. Customers won't be allowed past the counter. Like some of our liquor stores used to be.

That's already been done ....... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consumers_Distributing

Consumers Distributing aimed to reduce costs for customers by stocking merchandise in a warehouse-type stocking system instead of displaying them in a costly showroom. Customers made their selections from a catalogue, filled out a form listing the items they wanted, then waited for stock staff to retrieve the items from the warehouse. The business model of Consumers Distributing has been described as "Internet shopping before the Internet".[1]

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by hanco

They do it all the time. I can tell you many stories of business that was forced to open branches in rough parts of town.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
728 members (12344mag, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 007FJ, 1234, 69 invisible), 2,957 guests, and 1,247 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,763
Posts18,401,397
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.