Got a Rem 700 Stainless 300 win Mag and a Rem 700 ADL in 7 Rem Mag in stock config and they both shoot well. I'm bored and trying to decide on which one to go custom on and leaning towards the 7 RM for a '23 elk hunt. I have plenty of reloading components for both and don't want to wildcat one or the other.
- Caliber - Most likely 7RM - shooting 175-180 grain pills (love the 7mm bullets)
- AG alpine hunter or McMillan
Game Hunter carbon stock (have a bunch of McMillan
's and want to try another maybe?)
- Proof Sendero light carbon barrel at 21" or 22"
- Detachable or blind magazine
- Suppressor will be my Omega 300
- Weight goal all loaded with Suppressor (10.5 lbs max)
- NXS 2.5-10x42
- I hate recoil
1) Any of you have any builds in the Rem Mag or Win Mag with a 20-22" barrel for a suppressed rig...like it?
2) Is there anything out there for ADL/BDL that would allow 3 magnum rounds in the belly without a detachable mag?
FWIW: I have a Southern Precision Rifle (SPR) built .280 AI @ 7.4 lbs that has taken an Elk and Muley with 160 partitions. It sports a #2 rock barrel and I won't attempt to suppress it. Been a while since I've posted.