Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Immaculate shape, two slide-outs, 24 foot, decent bathroom and small shower, 33k miles.

He wants 75 grand. What do you think?

BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Seems high, but anything goes these days.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Too high, IMO.

I only paid 25k more than that for a brand new 2019, 26' version (Winnebago) in 2020.

3.0 L diesel, Sprinter chassis.

MM

K
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
K
High maintenance costs, really high.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Morewood
Immaculate shape, two slide-outs, 24 foot, decent bathroom and small shower, 33k miles.

Have you owned a motorhome before?

IC B2

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
What are Comps for comparable Mercedes

What is their reputation among owners,
What are repair costs compared to others RV's in the class
Is the rubber as old as the RV
How has it been stored
In what state

Last edited by LouisB; 10/15/21.

Some spelling errors can be corrected by a vowel movement.
~ MOLON LABE ~
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
IMHO he's fishing for a big one.........

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M

That seems a bit high! One thing to consider is the brand/quality of the motorhome.....not the chassis! All motorhomes/rv’s are “NOT” created equal! And yes.....we have a Class C! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Read up on the DEF system problems with the Sprinters.

I would not own one made after 2008. Based on personal experience helping a buddy with his and hearing his horror stories of being stranded at dealerships across the country.

Wheel sensor problems too, but MB seems to be correcting those.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by memtb

And yes.....we have a Class C! memtb

And it's possible Morewood could be referring to a Class B RV instead of a Class C, being the Mercedes Sprinter van is available in a 24ft, diesel powered Class B model.

The numbers he's quoted, 75K are average resell market for those.
New they run from 130K to 200K+ depending on options and how gullible a buyer may be.

Properly shopped, a comparable Class C, gasoline powered can come for half that price.

Lots easier to find parts and repair shops willing to deal with them when you're on the road too.

IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by JeffA
Originally Posted by memtb

And yes.....we have a Class C! memtb

And it's possible Morewood could be referring to a Class B RV instead of a Class C, being the Mercedes Sprinter van is available in a 24ft, diesel powered Class B model.

The numbers he's quoted, 75K are average resell market for those.
New they run from 130K to 200K+ depending on options and how gullible a buyer may be.

Properly shopped, a comparable Class C, gasoline powered can come for half that price.

Lots easier to find parts and repair shops willing to deal with them when you're on the road too.

Yep, you’re probably correct.....it’s probably a B+! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

No, Jeff. Never owned a motorhome but I've rented a few. I have owned a couple travel trailers with mixed results.
Dealing with the original owner. A respectable retired high school principal that really took care of it.

The one I'm looking at looks something like this
[Linked Image from image.recreationalvehiclemarket.com]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You thinking of driving it to Alaska this coming summer for that fishing trip with your son's you been trying to put together?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

No, Jeff. Never owned a motorhome but I've rented a few. I have owned a couple travel trailers with mixed results.
Dealing with the original owner. A respectable retired high school principal that really took care of it.

The one I'm looking at looks something like this
[Linked Image from image.recreationalvehiclemarket.com]

That's a dupe of my 2019 version; only about 10K miles on it but so far, no DEF or electrical issue, but yes, there is a recall on rear wheel speed sensors that they just now have parts for. Gets 17-18 MPG at 65 MPH.

One of the keys with DEF is recognizing that is has a shelf life & act accordingly.

You should also understand that that unit is really a 2 person deal..............3 or 4 would be very uncomfortable.

If I were buying again, I'd get the Tiffin version as they have a better layout if you can live with white upholstery & it's quieter.

MM

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R

Something you need to be aware of (just thought of it last night) - many campgrounds (not all by any means, but more and more) have the "ten-year" rule... Any camper or RV older than ten years won't be welcome... Some will, IF the owner sends 'em a very recent pic of the camper for 'consideration' of entry..

I.e., that 2014 rig might be OK in campgrounds for the next two years, but after that it can be a crapshoot.. FWIW...

If you do get it - happy camping!! smile

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
M
MLC Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
There is also the problem when you break down some where. You don’t just pull in any shop for repairs. Big money at the Mercedes dealer and no telling how long to get repaired.

Any politician who thinks they can fight the evil that has consumed the government is delusional or lying. There is no political solution.

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."
Winston Church
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
We have a 2018 we paid 70k for it with 10k miles. The Mercedes chassis and drivetrain is stout and has been trouble free. Ours is a Jayco, it is built tough and practical but not fancy. Very easy to drive coming from a class A 38’ pusher.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Redneck
many campgrounds (not all by any means, but more and more) have the "ten-year" rule... Any camper or RV older than ten years won't be welcome... Some will, IF the owner sends 'em a very recent pic of the camper for 'consideration' of entry..

What's the idea behind this?
Shortage of spaces?

Campgrounds that busy?

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by LRoyJetson
Originally Posted by Redneck
many campgrounds (not all by any means, but more and more) have the "ten-year" rule... Any camper or RV older than ten years won't be welcome... Some will, IF the owner sends 'em a very recent pic of the camper for 'consideration' of entry..

What's the idea behind this?
Shortage of spaces?

Campgrounds that busy?

They don't want any "Cousin Eddie" Winnebagos in their campgrounds.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I've never heard of this potential requirement. You telling me a campground host is going to kick out a restored vintage Airstream?

Hmmm...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
783 members (163bc, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 160user, 10ring1, 77 invisible), 3,183 guests, and 1,281 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,708
Posts18,400,128
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.