Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 22 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 21 22
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by deflave

In our case, the company employs over 2000 full time employees and possibly 4000 seasonal employees.

A few months ago management offered us $100 to get vaccinated. (I already was). Today there was a letter posted on the board. That incentive has been increased to $1000 for full time employees with benefits and $200 for seasonal (uninsured) employees.

So why is a small company with a marginal profit margin offering such incentives to get employees vaccinated?

Because a vaccinated workforce is a less expensive workforce.

As an example, my wife's recent Covid related hospitalization cost my employer (self insured) $23,000 plus 10% Blue Cross handling fee just for the hospital. I have not seen related charges from radiology etc yet. They also covered my wages at 100% sick leave for two weeks while I was home taking care of my sick wife.

This company has spent HUGE amounts to cover sick leave benefits this year and last. It has also spent a like amount in overtime to pay people to cover the positions of those out sick with Covid or on quarantine.

Between sick leave benefits, Hospital insurance costs, and overtime to cover vacant positions, Covid is bleeding corporate America dry.

Of course Corporations are doing anything they can to encourage and perhaps to even force their employees to get vaccinated.

As far as contract language goes, our contract specifically states that it is subservient to state and federal law. Those of us working in Oregon have state mandated benefits not listed in the contract nor available to Idaho employees.

Bottom line: If you owned the company, and it was all the sudden operating at a loss for the last two years because of Covid related expenses, How long will you let it run that way?

Let it go bankrupt? Lose all you have invested? Leave your workforce unemployed?

Or perhaps ask them to accept a vaccination which will save the company and thus their employment?

^^^Loves the cock.^^^

Pat 'Fire response when one has no rebuttal.

Might as well type
I agree with and validate all of the above

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Idaho_shooter, I think we are talking past each other. This is an issue of freedom versus servitude.... some value freedom.... even though you may not

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by skeen
Originally Posted by KFWA
Originally Posted by Huntz
The whole thing is THERE IS NO F U C K I N G MANDATE.Only talk of one.No one has to comply with something that is yet to exist.Companies need to grow some balls a say no to the Fuggtards.

I would assume that is why the company isn't doing anything until December 8

I'm not sure why some companies are jumping on it early.

Why companies are jumping in? Grow balls?

Fellas, vaccine requirements within a company have nothing to do with a .gov mandate.

What is being offered is a carrot or stick from insurance companies. Achieve 80% or greater Covid vaccination rates of your employees, or face huge employee healthcare insurance premiums. Exceed the 80% threshold, and health insurers are offering discounts and kickbacks.

I suspect many companies using "no vaccine requirements" as a recruiting tool, will flip once they are faced with eye-popping insurance premium increases.

In our case, the company employs over 2000 full time employees and possibly 4000 seasonal employees.

A few months ago management offered us $100 to get vaccinated. (I already was). Today there was a letter posted on the board. That incentive has been increased to $1000 for full time employees with benefits and $200 for seasonal (uninsured) employees.

So why is a small company with a marginal profit margin offering such incentives to get employees vaccinated?

As an example, my wife's recent Covid related hospitalization cost my employer (self insured) $23,000 plus 10% Blue Cross handling fee just for the hospital. I have not seen related charges from radiology etc yet. They also covered my wages at 100% sick leave for two weeks while I was home taking care of my sick wife.

This company has spent HUGE amounts to cover sick leave benefits this year and last. It has also spent a like amount in overtime to pay people to cover the positions of those out sick with Covid or on quarantine.

Between sick leave benefits, Hospital insurance costs, and overtime to cover vacant positions, Covid is bleeding corporate America dry.

Of course Corporations are doing anything they can to encourage and perhaps to even force their employees to get vaccinated.

As far as contract language goes, our contract specifically states that it is subservient to state and federal law. Those of us working in Oregon have state mandated benefits not listed in the contract nor available to Idaho employees.

Bottom line: If you owned the company, and it was all the sudden operating at a loss for the last two years because of Covid related expenses, How long will you let it run that way?

Let it go bankrupt? Lose all you have invested? Leave your workforce unemployed?

Or perhaps ask them to accept a vaccination which will save the company and thus their employment?

Soooo Fugkin gay!
LMAO!

How’d it feel to be beholden to another man to provide your existence?!
LMAO you phagg.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by irfubar
Idaho_shooter, I think we are talking past each other. This is an issue of freedom versus servitude.... some value freedom.... even though you may not

Only thing he values is the morning after pill.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jackmountain

Jack you have a way with words my friend..... I am trying to reinvent myself and be nice.... not sure I can do it though.

IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

He’s a COVTARD.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I

Maybe your employer should get out of the self insured game.... since Obama federalized health care it is guaranteed to get incredibly expensive.... do idiots own your company?

1 Your question does nothing to address the risk/reward ratio of Vax vs unvaxed employees.

2 Nor does it address the expenses of paid sick leave for ill or quarantined employees. Nor the expense of paying others at overtime rate to cover for absent employees.

3 What health insurance company will offer a group policy for less than 10% over actual cost of benefits paid out?

I am really anxious for an answer to this last question as medical cost is directly subtracted from our wage/benefit package. Any reduction in health coverage expenses we can help the employer to achieve may be taken a direct wage increase.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
lol... the worldly idahodian. Never been more than five miles from the family farm... but he knows best.

Last edited by copperking81; 10/14/21.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Maybe your employer should get out of the self insured game.... since Obama federalized health care it is guaranteed to get incredibly expensive.... do idiots own your company?

1 Your question does nothing to address the risk/reward ratio of Vax vs unvaxed employees.

2 Nor does it address the expenses of paid sick leave for ill or quarantined employees. Nor the expense of paying others at overtime rate to cover for absent employees.

3 What health insurance company will offer a group policy for less than 10% over actual cost of benefits paid out?

I am really anxious for an answer to this last question as medical cost is directly subtracted from our wage/benefit package. Any reduction in health coverage expenses we can help the employer to achieve may be taken a direct wage increase.

How does your company survive a bad flu year?
The purpose of insurance is to mitigate the cost of health care.... maybe they should stick to processing potato's or whatever it is they do

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Jeffrey
The whole thing is THERE IS NO F U C K I N G MANDATE.Only talk of one.No one has to comply with something that is yet to exist.Companies need to grow some balls a say no to the Fuggtards.

Fellas, vaccine requirements within a company have nothing to do with a .gov mandate.

What is being offered is a carrot or stick from insurance companies. Achieve 80% or greater Covid vaccination rates of your employees, or face huge employee healthcare insurance premiums. Exceed the 80% threshold, and health insurers are offering discounts and kickbacks.

I suspect many companies using "no vaccine requirements" as a recruiting tool, will flip once they are faced with eye-popping insurance premium increases.

Pass. I’m not cool with being mandated by .gov to receive a new class of vaccine with no liabilities to the manufacturer and no honest disclosure of side effects, especially for a virus that I lose absolutely zero sleep over. I’ll be damned if I would do it to save my employer a few beans. Your logic sucks.

My logic has nothing to do with paranoid tin foil hatters who believe the vaccine is more dangerous than the disease which it helps to reduce the effects of. It has to do with employers trying to run a company profitably.

Enjoy your unpaid unemployment.

I could use a vacation. That said, I made more money this year than I ever have. The same could be said for the year before, and the year before that, and so on. Turns out, I, and about 400 other people like me, are the driving force of revenue for my employer. They know better than to poke the bear.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

He’s a COVTARD.

The covtard religion is the damnest thing..... a regular cult like following, ready to flush freedom down the toilet for a perception of security. All based on lies
Guess freedom is not for everyone

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

^^^Loves the cocks.^^^

Fixed it for you, Flave. You’re welcome.

Last edited by Jeffrey; 10/14/21.
This has been up on the OSHA website for a couple months:

“DOL and OSHA, as well as other federal agencies, are working diligently to encourage COVID-19 vaccinations. OSHA does not wish to have any appearance of discouraging workers from receiving COVID-19 vaccination, and also does not wish to disincentivize employers' vaccination efforts. As a result, OSHA will not enforce 29 CFR 1904's recording requirements to require any employers to record worker side effects from COVID-19 vaccination at least through May 2022. We will reevaluate the agency’s position at that time to determine the best course of action moving forward.”

All of a sudden OSHA is not interested in reporting requirements🤣

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

He’s a COVTARD.

The covtard religion is the damnest thing..... a regular cult like following, ready to flush freedom down the toilet for a perception of security. All based on lies

We can’t all be winners.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I

Soooo Fugkin gay!
LMAO!

LMAO you phagg.

You tell me. Do you exist in this world without accepting payment from any person for services rendered?

I am reimbursed a fair amount for services rendered. You?

I guess you are just as phaggy as I.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

[quote=Huntz]The whole thing is THERE IS NO F U C K I N G MANDATE.Only talk of one.No one has to comply with something that is yet to exist.Companies need to grow some balls a say no to the Fuggtards.

The guy from Wisconsin is correct.

[quote=Huntz]The whole thing is THERE IS NO F U C K I N G MANDATE.Only talk of one.No one has to comply with something that is yet to exist.Companies need to grow some balls a say no to the Fuggtards.

The guy from Wisconsin is correct.

Again

Thanks

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

He’s a COVTARD.

Unfortunately they're a chity cult. Not a useful cult like the Jonestown idiots that solve the problem for us.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I. S.: I believe your argument is based on what I believe is the false premise that a vaccinated work force will use less medical care expense and lose less time off from work. That is far from proven. And now it seems a real possibility that vaccinated people are left wide open to variants of this virus much more so than those with naturally acquired immunity. We are a long ways from knowing how the unvaxxed vs. the vaxxed scenario will play out. I understand you've been vaccinated as have been people close to me. I hope it works out well for you and them but I'm fearful it won't. Any thinking person would have to believe at the very least this CV-19 scare has induced a huge over reaction.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

Soooo Fugkin gay!
LMAO!

LMAO you phagg.

You tell me. Do you exist in this world without accepting payment from any person for services rendered?

I am reimbursed a fair amount for services rendered. You?

I guess you are just as phaggy as I.

I do, but my clients don’t give a damn if I’m vaccinated. I don’t work with covtards. I decide who I work with just as much as they decide if they want to work with me. Turds get flushed. Life is too short to take crap from someone you don’t like.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I

He’s a COVTARD.

Is that worse than being a solipsist and or narcissist?

Page 6 of 22 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 21 22

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

638 members (06hunter59, 1eyedmule, 007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1936M71, 66 invisible), 3,264 guests, and 1,227 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,590
Posts18,454,293
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.