Hop To
Page 7 of 22 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 21 22
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by irfubar
Idaho_shooter, I think we are talking past each other. This is an issue of freedom versus servitude.... some value freedom.... even though you may not

Only thing he values is the morning after pill.

He’s a COVTARD.

Is that worse than being a solipsist and or narcissist?

Yes.... much worse

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Idaho_shooter, I think we are talking past each other. This is an issue of freedom versus servitude.... some value freedom.... even though you may not

He’s a COVTARD.

Yes.... much worse

The problem is the covtards are enabling the narcissist and many other bad actors and are literally endangering our country and future.

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by Dutch
It seems odd to me, that .GOV can change the conditions of a contract and change them mid stream. If a contract bid has been accepted by both parties, it is binding until both parties agree to change it, no?

Apparently you have not held/managed a multi-billion dollar contract. Language to the minutia all managed via risk/reward. In bad times we dictated the language (oil low), in good times (oil high) not so much.

Lol, but damn blowhard.

stfu, already Ed.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

He’s a COVTARD.

A COVTARD is all three.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I

How does your company survive a bad flu year?
The purpose of insurance is to mitigate the cost of health care.... maybe they should stick to processing potato's or whatever it is they do

I have been with this company for forty years. In those years nothing has come anywhere close to the expenses incurred over the last two years.

We know exactly what the cost of our Ins coverage is because every three to five years it is laid out on the table as part of our contracted wage package.

This is in no way comparable to even the worst of "bad flu years".

That is exactly what our insurance does. It mitigates the cost of health care 20/80.

Yes, it is pleasant to engage in an intelligent conversation with the nice you.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
As an example, my wife's recent Covid related hospitalization cost my employer (self insured) $23,000 plus 10% Blue Cross handling fee just for the hospital. I have not seen related charges from radiology etc yet. They also covered my wages at 100% sick leave for two weeks while I was home taking care of my sick wife.

Was your wife vaccinated?

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

The purpose of insurance is to mitigate the cost of health care.... maybe they should stick to processing potato's or whatever it is they do

I have been with this company for forty years. In those years nothing has come anywhere close to the expenses incurred over the last two years.

We know exactly what the cost of our Ins coverage is because every three to five years it is laid out on the table as part of our contracted wage package.

That is exactly what our insurance does. It mitigates the cost of health care 20/80.

You have the intellect of a street sign.

A really, really gay street sign.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Hastings
I. S.: I believe your argument is based on what I believe is the false premise that a vaccinated work force will use less medical care expense and lose less time off from work. That is far from proven. And now it seems a real possibility that vaccinated people are left wide open to variants of this virus much more so than those with naturally acquired immunity. We are a long ways from knowing how the unvaxxed vs. the vaxxed scenario will play out. I understand you've been vaccinated as have been people close to me. I hope it works out well for you and them but I'm fearful it won't. Any thinking person would have to believe at the very least this CV-19 scare has induced a huge over reaction.

Any thinking person would recognize there is just as much chicanery and bullschitt coming from what the far right considers reliable sources as there is from left wing sources.

Both sides are using this disease for political maneuvering and to cause irreparable division of the nation's populace. The far right is as guilty as the far left.

How in the Hell did it ever become a religious matter? Manipulation of the masses by any means possible.

The facts in Idaho are: (as I remember the report I read at 6:30 AM Thursday)

Only 10% of Idaho hospitalized Covid patients are vaxxed. Only 2% of ICU Covid patients are vaxxed, with the vast majority of those being afflicted with severe comorbidities such as late stage cancer.

Kind of puts the lie to the statement that the Vax offers no protection and is dangerous.

But hey, humans have never let facts stand in the way of their religious beliefs.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

In our case, the company employs over 2000 full time employees and possibly 4000 seasonal employees.

A few months ago management offered us $100 to get vaccinated. (I already was). Today there was a letter posted on the board. That incentive has been increased to $1000 for full time employees with benefits and $200 for seasonal (uninsured) employees.

So why is a small company with a marginal profit margin offering such incentives to get employees vaccinated?

Because a vaccinated workforce is a less expensive workforce.

As an example, my wife's recent Covid related hospitalization cost my employer (self insured) $23,000 plus 10% Blue Cross handling fee just for the hospital. I have not seen related charges from radiology etc yet. They also covered my wages at 100% sick leave for two weeks while I was home taking care of my sick wife.

This company has spent HUGE amounts to cover sick leave benefits this year and last. It has also spent a like amount in overtime to pay people to cover the positions of those out sick with Covid or on quarantine.

Between sick leave benefits, Hospital insurance costs, and overtime to cover vacant positions, Covid is bleeding corporate America dry.

Of course Corporations are doing anything they can to encourage and perhaps to even force their employees to get vaccinated.

As far as contract language goes, our contract specifically states that it is subservient to state and federal law. Those of us working in Oregon have state mandated benefits not listed in the contract nor available to Idaho employees.

Bottom line: If you owned the company, and it was all the sudden operating at a loss for the last two years because of Covid related expenses, How long will you let it run that way?

Let it go bankrupt? Lose all you have invested? Leave your workforce unemployed?

Or perhaps ask them to accept a vaccination which will save the company and thus their employment?

Maybe your employer should get out of the self insured game.... since Obama federalized health care it is guaranteed to get incredibly expensive.... do idiots own your company?

1 Your question does nothing to address the risk/reward ratio of Vax vs unvaxed employees.

2 Nor does it address the expenses of paid sick leave for ill or quarantined employees. Nor the expense of paying others at overtime rate to cover for absent employees.

3 What health insurance company will offer a group policy for less than 10% over actual cost of benefits paid out?

I am really anxious for an answer to this last question as medical cost is directly subtracted from our wage/benefit package. Any reduction in health coverage expenses we can help the employer to achieve may be taken a direct wage increase.

Covid-19 has been a boon for health insurance company balance sheets.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by SockPuppet

Was your wife vaccinated?

No, she was scared by stories of "Mark of the Beast", magnetism, and tracking chips. Can not hardly blame her for that. Far more educated individuals on this board have succumbed to the same irrational fears.

IC B3

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I

You have the intellect of a street sign.

A really, really gay street sign.

LOL

Again, no rebuttal. Inane insults. Equals tacit agreement.

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by kingston

In our case, the company employs over 2000 full time employees and possibly 4000 seasonal employees.

A few months ago management offered us $100 to get vaccinated. (I already was). Today there was a letter posted on the board. That incentive has been increased to $1000 for full time employees with benefits and $200 for seasonal (uninsured) employees.

So why is a small company with a marginal profit margin offering such incentives to get employees vaccinated?

Because a vaccinated workforce is a less expensive workforce.

This company has spent HUGE amounts to cover sick leave benefits this year and last. It has also spent a like amount in overtime to pay people to cover the positions of those out sick with Covid or on quarantine.

Between sick leave benefits, Hospital insurance costs, and overtime to cover vacant positions, Covid is bleeding corporate America dry.

Of course Corporations are doing anything they can to encourage and perhaps to even force their employees to get vaccinated.

As far as contract language goes, our contract specifically states that it is subservient to state and federal law. Those of us working in Oregon have state mandated benefits not listed in the contract nor available to Idaho employees.

Bottom line: If you owned the company, and it was all the sudden operating at a loss for the last two years because of Covid related expenses, How long will you let it run that way?

Let it go bankrupt? Lose all you have invested? Leave your workforce unemployed?

Or perhaps ask them to accept a vaccination which will save the company and thus their employment?

Maybe your employer should get out of the self insured game.... since Obama federalized health care it is guaranteed to get incredibly expensive.... do idiots own your company?

1 Your question does nothing to address the risk/reward ratio of Vax vs unvaxed employees.

2 Nor does it address the expenses of paid sick leave for ill or quarantined employees. Nor the expense of paying others at overtime rate to cover for absent employees.

3 What health insurance company will offer a group policy for less than 10% over actual cost of benefits paid out?

I am really anxious for an answer to this last question as medical cost is directly subtracted from our wage/benefit package. Any reduction in health coverage expenses we can help the employer to achieve may be taken a direct wage increase.

Covid-19 has been a boon for health insurance company balance sheets.

Please elaborate. Are their extraordinary costs being offset by feds?

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by KFWA
government business

Biden will pull the contracts if the company doesn't comply

Won’t happen

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Jeffrey

He’s a COVTARD.

The covtard religion is the damnest thing..... a regular cult like following, ready to flush freedom down the toilet for a perception of security. All based on lies
Guess freedom is not for everyone

We can’t all be winners.

Don’t worry. You’re not.

Camp is where you make it.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by tzone

He’s a COVTARD.

The covtard religion is the damnest thing..... a regular cult like following, ready to flush freedom down the toilet for a perception of security. All based on lies

We can’t all be winners.

Don’t worry. You’re not.

I’m in my mid 30’s, make 6 figures, have a paid off half million dollar house and I’m married to a doctor. You?

Last edited by Jeffrey; 10/14/21.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tzone

He’s a COVTARD.

We can’t all be winners.

Don’t worry. You’re not.

I’m in my mid 30’s, make 6 figures, have a paid off half million dollar house and I’m married to a doctor. You?

But, are you a free man?

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Only read the first 7 pages so I'm sure nobody's thought to go to a Doc in box clinic and ask for vax proof for $10.00 and bring 100 of your coworkers. Immoral illegal intelligent cause greed runs companies and ol'doc with $125000.00 in med school debt would sign off on it in a heartbeat.

Say no Docs would? I just point to big pharma and ask the difference.

Bangflop! another skinning job due to .260 and proper shot placement.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hastings
I. S.: I believe your argument is based on what I believe is the false premise that a vaccinated work force will use less medical care expense and lose less time off from work. That is far from proven. And now it seems a real possibility that vaccinated people are left wide open to variants of this virus much more so than those with naturally acquired immunity. We are a long ways from knowing how the unvaxxed vs. the vaxxed scenario will play out. I understand you've been vaccinated as have been people close to me. I hope it works out well for you and them but I'm fearful it won't. Any thinking person would have to believe at the very least this CV-19 scare has induced a huge over reaction.

Any thinking person would recognize there is just as much chicanery and bullschitt coming from what the far right considers reliable sources as there is from left wing sources.

Both sides are using this disease for political maneuvering and to cause irreparable division of the nation's populace. The far right is as guilty as the far left.

How in the Hell did it ever become a religious matter? Manipulation of the masses by any means possible.

Only 10% of Idaho hospitalized Covid patients are vaxxed. Only 2% of ICU Covid patients are vaxxed, with the vast majority of those being afflicted with severe comorbidities such as late stage cancer.

Kind of puts the lie to the statement that the Vax offers no protection and is dangerous.

But hey, humans have never let facts stand in the way of their religious beliefs.

Wouldn't you think the huge cost incurred by businesses such as the one you associate with are the result of the reaction to the slightest hint that someone might have CV-19. Flu is deadly but a business generally hasn't in the past had an overblown reaction if it finds out an employee is sharing a home with an active flu case. As a matter of fact people with flu have routinely kept working, have sent their kids to school, and businesses were not running around policing employees with thermometers and insisting employees leave if their temp is 99.7. This time it's different and I believe the hysterical over reaction is the biggest cause of expense to businesses such as yours and has without any justification caused people in the USA to stand by docile while our economy has been strangled probably fatally.

Just curious, was your wife vaccinated? And did you stay home because she was too sick to be alone or was it a matter of quarantine because of your exposure?

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by goalie
They WANT to impose it. If critical contractors told .gov to FU, .gov would fold
THAT!!! EVERYBODY needs to stand up and give Prez Demented the middle finger....

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R

Any thinking person would see through this and realize that Big Pharma seized a giant opportunity.

Like telling Americans the vaccine will end COVID?

So this vaccine doesn't actually stop one from getting the COVID? Is that actually what the true definition of a vaccine is?

If one can still catch and pass the COVID after 'vaccination' the only thing accomplished is more spreading[many times by an unknowing individual], that's a good thing?

FJB & FJT
Page 7 of 22 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 21 22

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

559 members (1minute, 260Remguy, 160user, 10gaugemag, 10GaugeKS, 1Longbow, 62 invisible), 2,142 guests, and 1,261 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,287
Posts18,448,880
Members73,900
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.