Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ldholton
Even parts for older stuff . People already bitch and moan about Deere being TOO $$ , Union labor cost is a big part of that compared to others .. , Labor too high Deere goes out of business. replaced by some foriegn xxxbrand. (As many of the cheaper Deere models already are) in some ways the unions are becoming their own worst enemy.

video posted to YouTube on Apr 25, 2021

I have to admit that the cost of this rig was a little surprising to this old city boy. The operator sure is cute, though. grin
BTW, she does NOT work for John Deere. She works on her family's farm in Nebraska.

Bob F. smile

"Whose bright idea was it to put every idiot in the world in touch with every other idiot? It's working!" -- P. J. O'Rourke
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Deere had record earnings this year. Time to pay the people who made it happen.

living the good life every day
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
Terrible, horrible news...stock down to 333 bucks...I bought 70 shares this morning when the market opened.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by champlain_islander

In 1980 John Deere was on strike for more wages and benefits. As I recall the company wanted to offer stock options to the employees as part of the wage package. The union refused. They wanted money up front. The cost of living was going up by 7% a year as I recall back then. (Jimmy Carter was the president) The stock price was bouncing between $15 and $20 a share as I recall. Today it's $332 a share. Those guys were on the top tier pay system back then. Now they are on a 3 tier pay system. I really doubt there is anyone left on the tier one pay system. If there are I'm sure they are getting close to $50 an hour. Many are on the 2nd tier which they started in the 1990's. After being out of work for several years in the 1980's and 1990's the union agreed to the 2nd tier.

I understand the 3rd tier is what the new union guys are working on now. I understand the starting wage is in the $17 range for the 3rd tier workers and the 2nd tier guys are between what the 1st tier and 3rd tier are getting. If I were a young guy just out of high school I wouldn't thing $17 would be a bad wage. (No college is required, just a high school diploma) With time the wages always get better. As per my brother in law the company offered 2% a year for the next 6 years and that is why they went on strike. My brother in law didn't think 2% was enough. He is a 2nd tier guy. His wife works full time and his 3 kids are no longer living at home. I'm pretty sure he is up on the Mississippi fishing today while collecting strike pay and his wife is working. Life can be real tough some times.

I look back and see that one of the biggest mistakes I made was not leaving the Police Department and going to work at John Deere in 1980.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
IC B2

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
I know nothing about investing, but I personally know 2 of the biggest logging contractors in this region, they are now phased into 100% Deere forestry machines. Why I ask? They agree, quality, ruggedness, reliability, top notch dealer service. If in the unlikely event of a breakdown...the right parts, right away. It took real performance and a good looking balance sheet to get these guys away from the Cat habit.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

They were working for free?

MAGA
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

I’d guess they got paid a helluva lot more than they were worth. Worthless union fugks.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BFaucett
Originally Posted by ldholton
Even parts for older stuff . People already bitch and moan about Deere being TOO $$ , Union labor cost is a big part of that compared to others .. , Labor too high Deere goes out of business. replaced by some foriegn xxxbrand. (As many of the cheaper Deere models already are) in some ways the unions are becoming their own worst enemy.

video posted to YouTube on Apr 25, 2021

I have to admit that the cost of this rig was a little surprising to this old city boy. The operator sure is cute, though. grin
BTW, she does NOT work for John Deere. She works on her family's farm in Nebraska.

Bob F. smile

5:10 she dumped in the Graphene

Dr Mercola wept!!

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B

Maybe time to say screw JD and their overpriced employees and the union

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Cab blower fans started going out in one of the yuppie tractors.

Googled the part number and double checked it with the JD parts man.

He even transferred me to the shop foreman when I asked a question.

JD price was $432 for the pair.

Went online and found Bosch OEM for $200 shipped to my door in 3 days.

Now don't get me wrong, I like to support local but that is robbery.

And we had a 5 figure shop bill last winter so I don't feel guilty.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
R
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R
JD raised there prices in reaction to corn prices going up
Workers want there cut.
Simple as that.
No matter how you feel about it the cost will ultimately be paid by the farmer. Lots of corruption I am in need of a new engine for my 4850 no remand from deere any more they are trying to force a new on on me
Not gona happin. My operation can’t afford a 300k tractor
Off to the machine shop.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

414 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 16penny, 12savage, 10gaugeman, 43 invisible), 2,906 guests, and 1,138 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,277
Posts18,467,580
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.