Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 284LUVR
Dbuck, back to Pa. Health is making it a PIA to maintain the property to a high standard so time to get the hell out of Dodge. Wasn't a quick decision .

Welcome you back to the state with open arms. We need more good people here

GB1

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by irfubar
Originally Posted by Ranger99
Lots of people pulling up stakes and buying
at crazy prices right now
I have a goodly stack of mail from little hole in the
wall real estate offices from everywhere I could
imagine with stupid lowball offers to crazy inflated
offers.
But then. . . What do you do for a satisfactory
replacement abode ?

This is the exact reason I never consider my home an investment. Sure you can sell for a tidy profit but you still need a home so you have to buy into the same market... inflation makes us seem wealthier for awhile.... until it doesn't

Bingo. A couple of summers ago my youngest son's then fiancee piped, "Can you imagine owning a place in the mountains"? Son, " We do." They do.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
There are homes in the outskirts of Charlotte that are selling in hours after being listed. Some are getting bids at over $100,000.00 more than the asking price. Many are bought by folks that have only seen pictures of the home. Northeasterners have money, and they are moving here in droves. It is truly an insane situation.

284LUVR Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ranger99
What do you do for a satisfactory
replacement abode ?

Hmmmmm,....

3 bedrooms, two baths, man cave with super sound and a huge flat screen, garage with too many tools, full likker locker, at least five more pistols, ice cold beer.

Just the basics

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

This is the exact reason I never consider my home an investment. Sure you can sell for a tidy profit but you still need a home so you have to buy into the same market... inflation makes us seem wealthier for awhile.... until it doesn't

You don’t HAVE to “buy into the same market”. The “profit” from selling and pulling up stakes works best when you LEAVE your market and use that money to buy or build in a more reasonable market. 😉

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
TN is getting overrun with Commiefornites, I am going to dig a hole in the ground in Weakley County at the end of a gravel driveway and cut some shooting slits in the berms. I will General the construction myself and use subs that I know and who I have made a lot of money for in the recent past. Madison County has gone to the dogs and is now a certified shathole, average HS graduate reads on 4th grade level, crime is terrible. Tired of making rich fuggers richer and will never get on another commercial air liner.

Going to the country, got to get away...

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
X
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
X
Bought 80 acres a year ago or so, with an eye towards selling current house, building new and moving. At that time I got a budgetary price on a timber home package. Just this past week that same package is 60% higher. Wifey-poo and I are recently retired and have just too much house now that kids are gone and the market is hot around here just like most places, semi-rural, private, quiet, (translation no groids). But although I could sell my house for a sweet price, that 60% premium might be prohibitive. Like others have said, where ya gonna go if you sell!!!

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
There are homes in the outskirts of Charlotte that are selling in hours after being listed. Some are getting bids at over $100,000.00 more than the asking price. Many are bought by folks that have only seen pictures of the home. Northeasterners have money, and they are moving here in droves. It is truly an insane situation.

NYC south. There is no amount of money that could make me move there.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Charlotte's full of undesirables.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

moving to Utah ?

Bring your own water supply........

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
That has spread to the high country of western NC, lots of non-residents showing up with lots of cash and paying way over market for property and homes .

As for Charlotte, it's just over two hours away and it's way too close. Don't go there unless I absolutely have to (to the airport if I can't get out of Tri- Cities in TN) .

Don't know if it's NYC South, but it makes Metro Detroit look like a nice place .

StarchedCover

Semper Fi
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

You don’t HAVE to “buy into the same market”. The “profit” from selling and pulling up stakes works best when you LEAVE your market and use that money to buy or build in a more reasonable market. 😉

exactly ..bob

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BobMt

exactly ..bob

But I don't want to move to Lame Deer, Mt. smile

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
I live in the poorest county in the US, and own property in the second. I've been offered close to 30 times what I have invested in the property. But nothing beats being able to hunt and fish on your own property. And having your own mile long driveway keeps all the thieves away....so far. I'm not selling till I find something better and that's not looking like is going to happen.

Life is good live it while you can.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by StGeorger
Oldest son bought a huge nice home in Illinois for $89/sq ft. Here in SW Utah, it's $250-300/sq ft. Yeah, I wouldn't live in Illinois, but there are places in the country where you can get a home for a decent price.

Property tax will consume that savings

You're right, there is that consideration. Art

Old guy, old guns.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

exactly ..bob

I agree brother fubar. I don’t buy a place because it’ll be worth money later. I buy because that’s where I want to live. I don’t buy vehicles based on resale, or guns as investments either. I came to the conclusion life it too short to live in a shidt hole liberal state, when I could die before realizing my “investment”. Years wasted.

MAGA
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

exactly ..bob

I agree brother fubar. I don’t buy a place because it’ll be worth money later. I buy because that’s where I want to live. I don’t buy vehicles based on resale, or guns as investments either. I came to the conclusion life it too short to live in a shidt hole liberal state, when I could die before realizing my “investment”. Years wasted.

Sage advice. Had I had you wisdom MANY years ago I wouldn't have wasted all this time in PA. But here I am, a little fish in a Dumocrat pond.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by RAS
I could sell my cabin and 81 acres for a whole bunch more than I paid for it two years ago.

But I wouldn’t have my cabin and 81 acres. frown

I need the cabin and 81 acres more now than money. Life is short.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Smart Man!

Due to the increased price of ammo, don't expect a warning shot...
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

454 members (12344mag, 160user, 17CalFan, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 41 invisible), 2,072 guests, and 1,119 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,603
Posts18,454,762
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.