Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Just like shooting craps - my point is often missed.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
GB1

A
AGL4now Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by 5sdad

That happens a lot if you lack communication skills, or more likely just think you are more clever then you actually are. However there is the possibility your just dumber then a box of rocks.

ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, balls'to the wall, the pedal floored, full throttle, it is a delightful place, to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by AGL4now
However there is the possibility your just dumber then a box of rocks.

When calling someone else dumb you would be wise knowing the difference between your and you’re….lest you appear dumber than a box of rocks. 😉

You’re welcome. 😂

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

When calling someone else dumb you would be wise knowing the difference between your and you’re….lest you appear dumber than a box of rocks. 😉

You’re welcome. 😂

My choice of words works. The evidence being it was communicated.

Note: I was Not accusing you for being dumb.

ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, balls'to the wall, the pedal floored, full throttle, it is a delightful place, to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

You’re welcome. 😂

Works?

Or “works” ?

IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by 5sdad

That happens a lot if you lack communication skills, or more likely just think you are more clever then you actually are. However there is the possibility your just dumber then a box of rocks.

Way off base on all three ass-umptions, pard.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

You’re welcome. 😂

I know but I was board (😁) and just haveing (😁) fun. 👍

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Stopped at Brownells on way through area today, had all sizes of primers in stock. $75/brick. Limit 1. An ok selection of vihtavouri and rimshot powder at normal prices. At least it is available. Expensive yes but if it was normal 2019 prices guys would be buying to flip. It’s enough to keep guys hunting or loading for new guns. Hopefully the guys who havnt learned yet will after this straitens itself out.

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
It's curios then as to why their website doesn't show any being available.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
When I asked the guy said so they could support the shooters local as well. There new building is quite impressive and I’m sure they are trying to stay in good graces with the local shooters.

IC B3

A
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
This is an interesting "STUDY".........reference Ammo sales.
https://www.americanpartisan.org/20...demic-protests-and-the-biden-presidency/

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Since none of these calibers hold any interest to me.....phhhhht! smile

Now if it had been hunting ammo, that would interest me.

What is it with all the 450 Legend - a marginal hunting caliber at best (at least here). Was all that ammo in the supply chain/warehouses? Did they overestimate the sales of the guns? Apparently, tho, no one is buying it.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

A
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by las
Since none of these calibers hold any interest to me.....phhhhht! smile

One interesting aspect was the Texas & Florida & Georgia's quick and aggressive response to the shortage.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
I'm guessing the abundance of some non-selling ammo ( I e- abundant on shelf) up here is due to corporate "management" with no reference to local needs.

I saw the same thing when Fred Meyer/Walmark first established - an abundance of "bsss" lures in the stores. Ain't no bass in Alaska.

Not that it matters to me - I use a gill net...... smile

Last edited by las; 10/26/21.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Our agency wholesaler owes us a 90,000 round ammo order from last year. So no I am going on the board with the ammo shortage it is not over.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by las
I'm guessing the abundance of some non-selling ammo ( I e- abundant on shelf) up here is due to corporate "management" with no reference to local needs.

I saw the same thing when Fred Meyer/Walmark first established - an abundance of "bsss" lures in the stores. Ain't no bass in Alaska.

Not that it matters to me - I use a gill net...... smile

Manager of nearest Wal-Mart when it first opened sent back a couple huge cartons of bass plugs... twice... third time he said he was returning them they said to destroy them... got a huge box of plugs removed from the boxes...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Same thing happened when we opened the Sportsmans in Anchorage. Somebody started wheeling out a pallet of Turkey stuff and I just looked at a manager and said, "what the hell?" He told me that their research told them there was a huge demand for turkey stuff here. I just laughed.
Sure enough, a year later we boxed 99% of it up and shipped it to a store down south. I just looked at the Manager and said "told you so"

"243/85TSX It's as if the HAMMER OF THOR were wielded by CHUCK NORRIS himself, and a roundhouse kick thrown in for good measure."
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
As I have not bought any factory ammo in several years/decades, I never track it. But as most have responded as no, I will believe them.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

590 members (007FJ, 204guy, 06hunter59, 1eyedmule, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 55 invisible), 3,163 guests, and 1,241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,591
Posts18,454,313
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.