24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Had that nasty habit for 20 years. Quit about 15 years ago. I never dipped unless I was hunting or fishing but seemed the minute I stepped off the pavement or the dock I had to have one.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
BP-B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Boarmaster123
Had that nasty habit for 20 years. Quit about 15 years ago. I never dipped unless I was hunting or fishing but seemed the minute I stepped off the pavement or the dock I had to have one.

That’s been my problem historically. I had “quit” chewing a few times through the years but when I’d go fishing or hunting I craved a dip and gave in to the craving. Unfortunately once the trip was over I didn’t stop….I figured I’d finish the can and not get another but that never worked out as well as I had planned. I know now that I just won’t have that first dip. If I get the craving I use the tobacco free nicotine pouch. It’s like nicotine gum but stronger. I’ll throw a couple pouches in my front lip chew a couple pieces of Big Red, mix it together and pack it into my lip. It’s surprisingly satisfying. 😁

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Chewed loose leaf and dipped Skoal for 35 years, but quit cold turkey in 2003.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Yep smoking will kill you if you don't die if old age first.

Good stuff and God bless him!

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I've been chewing tobacco for many years, but I get really embarassed when female guests visit my house, and my dog sniffs their crotch.

OK, he's a chihuahua and I have to lft him up - but it's still embarassing.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OGB
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Wanna break yourself from ever wanting to try dip/ dip again??

Just drink some ‘backer spit outta a beer bottle….

On a hot day….

Take a good pull on it………

The smell of it still turns my stomach. That was bout 20 yrs ago. 🤢🤢

BTDT!

Yep.
Sitting waiting for the loader to come fill our dumptrucks.
Got the Pepsi and spit bottles confused.
Guys were concerned when I flung th door open and started puking.
Wiped my mouth, grabbed the Mic and explained.
Could see several gagging in their trucks!😁
Wasn't wasn't long till I had another chew.

What almost worse is to park the truck and let it sit for several summer days,
get in and open the spit bottle from last week.

That breath you take as you put it to your lips?
Then you realize it's rotting and moldy,
and under your nose, touching your lips?

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I used to do Red Man and Copenhagen at the same time.

Quit Red Man so I could dip in the office without spitting.

Finally quit after about 30 years when I thought about leaving my kids without a dad.

Do still crave it from time to time...like most here, when I am out in the field.

Hope I never touch it again. Has been almost 20 years.

USMC 0351

We know the price of everything and the value of nothing.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I’m 38 and have been chewing since I was 14. Copenhagen....I wish I knew how to quit you!!

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
26 years and counting. I’d like to quit, but I doubt my marriage would survive the process.

MAGA
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
26 years and counting. I’d like to quit, but I doubt my marriage would survive the process.

Plus it will put 30 pounds on you.

Then you will be fat, single and wondering why you cant get any dates.

I am MAGA.
IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I dipped all the time when I was young but now the only time I dip is on hunting trips.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
My Dad was a bricklayer back when folks worked like they were killing snakes all day long. No such thing as a break back then. He smoked, drank coffee and dipped real Copenhagen constantly. He didn’t spit. He swallowed. He made it to 90 taking no medication whatever. Hard work and Copenhagen didn’t kill him. COPD from working around asbestos got him. We’re all pussies now days. MAGA

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bag of Red Man once in a while

T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Texson2
My Dad was a bricklayer back when folks worked like they were killing snakes all day long. No such thing as a break back then. He smoked, drank coffee and dipped real Copenhagen constantly. He didn’t spit. He swallowed. He made it to 90 taking no medication whatever. Hard work and Copenhagen didn’t kill him. COPD from working around asbestos got him. We’re all pussies now days. MAGA

My Grandfather worked in the mines in W.Pa back in the early 1900s at age 15...He said for the longest time he never saw daylight the whole week because he went in before dawn and left after dark....No unions or litigation back then, you did what you had to, he ended up retiring from a steel mill at age 65....there was also no "press here for Italian" BS, he taught himself how to speak, read, and write in English because he wanted to be an American.

He ended up with Black Lung at an early age...later he would put a shot of whiskey in his coffee every morning, said it loosened up his lungs. He quit smoking at age 75. Got a lot of fishing equipment using Raleigh coupons....He lived to be 95.

I have an Uncle at age 96....he still plays the accordion at bars and clubs....the only time he has been to a doctor was to take his physical for the Navy at the end of WWII.

"an armed society is a polite society"
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I did copenhagen for about 37 years. Found some sort of growth on the tip of my tongue that I cut off with a pair of toenail clippers. That got me to stop. Never went back. that was about 10 years ago. Still get the urge to buy a can from time to time.

I spend all my money on loose women and trapping supplies.....The rest I just waste.
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by TreeMutt

My Grandfather worked in the mines in W.Pa back in the early 1900s at age 15...He said for the longest time he never saw daylight the whole week because he went in before dawn and left after dark....No unions or litigation back then, you did what you had to, he ended up retiring from a steel mill at age 65....there was also no "press here for Italian" BS, he taught himself how to speak, read, and write in English because he wanted to be an American.

He ended up with Black Lung at an early age...later he would put a shot of whiskey in his coffee every morning, said it loosened up his lungs. He quit smoking at age 75. Got a lot of fishing equipment using Raleigh coupons....He lived to be 95.

That mirrors my father exactly. He started in the mines at 9 years old in SW Pa. He would smoke those little black Italian cigars. He told me when he got near the mine entrance, they would put them out and chew the butt. That was in about the same time frame. About 1948 or so, he went t to work for US Steel in Dravosburg. He became a machinist an died at 93 of black lung.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
340 members (12savage, 257heaven, 117LBS, 10gaugemag, 204guy, 17CalFan, 41 invisible), 1,856 guests, and 1,248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,435
Posts18,394,486
Members73,810
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.