Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Western_Juniper
Climate change, the planet, environment... they're just a few of the many sacraments of naturalism. It's not science, it's idolatry -- the worship of the creation rather than the creator. It's the most popular religion today and has been for some time.
The whole post is insightful, but I’d say that the most popular religion is the desire to acquire as much material wealth as possible. The acquisition of money, and the things that money can buy, is the driving force behind the lives of nearly all people. According to Jesus it contends with Him for our worship.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
I don't know but here is what I think on climate change. First, is it real? Answer yes. Is it man made" Answer, HELL NO. Think about the various epochs in tin, the Cambrian, Jurassic and all the others.Some of those epochs were a hell of a lot hotter then what we are experiencing today. Some as much as 40 degrees hotter. One epoch was so tropical that due to the plant life the oxygen level was high enough that the air was poisonous to man. There were several ice ages as well.. Most of those differences man wasn't even around. Guess we'd have to blame dinosaur farts or whatever.

Again, these are just my thoughts, but it there were all those climate changes and man not even in the picture, what might be the common denominator? I think it may be the sun. maybe over time the sun waxes and wanes in its intensity with the hot times being global warming and the cool spots down enough to create an ice age.

Look at it this way. Most here I think have gone camping whether just to camp out as a get away or as part of a hunting trip so you should be familiar with a white gasoline powered lantern. You fill the tank and pump up the pressure and when lit get a nice bright source of light. As time wears on the fuel level gets a bit low and pressure in the tank drops. The light dims and continues to dim until someone pumps up the pressure and once again you have bright light until the pressure goes down again. Think on that for a while and it makes sense. It's a long slow process over millions of years but the only thing that escapes me is this. Who or what pumps up the pressure in the tank? Frankly on that aspect one can believe in whatever Supreme Being or Beings they chose to. 0

My thoughts say the cause of climate change, hot or cold is caused by the sun. Whether by some kind of natural force or by a Supreme Being is up to you. In either case it's the sun stupid. If I'm anywhere near right, man had best get his head out of its usual resting place and try to figure out long term on how to best handle whatever direction the planet is heading.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
They blame CO2 but water vapor is many times more responsible for the global temperatures. However, water vapor can't be controlled and taxed. CO2 possibly can be. There are many causes of fluctuation in the humidity of the air. None of them are controllable and they know it. They had to pick a gas that's caused by man, even though maybe 99% of CO2 is natural and not controllable. I did a search to get the percentages of the various gasses in the atmosphere and found that they have a neat trick. They leave water out and call it the 'dry air'. That covers up the water content that's something like 40 times more abundant than CO2. Many charts I looked at leave out water just like it doesn't exist.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Vostock Ice Core drilling in Antarctica proves its all BS showing temperature, methane level fluctuations over the past 450,000 years.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by jaguartx; 10/16/21.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B2

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
really, it's ok to just type GOD. No problem

Sam......

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Oh, prairie shìt!

I could never stay mad at Remsen! blush

I am MAGA.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by PJGunner
There were several ice ages as well.. Most of those differences man wasn't even around. Guess we'd have to blame dinosaur farts or whatever.

Again, these are just my thoughts, but it there were all those climate changes and man not even in the picture, what might be the common denominator? I think it may be the sun. maybe over time the sun waxes and wanes in its intensity with the hot times being global warming and the cool spots down enough to create an ice age.

The change in the tilt of the Earth's axis also has an effect on climate:

https://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/features/Milankovitch/milankovitch_2.php

https://phys.org/news/2015-12-earth-tilt-climate.html

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Remsen, I believe in neither religion nor human-caused climate change. They're both artificial constructs to try to explain something or achieve a political end. And they're both fallacies. But there are people who rabidly believe in one or the other - maybe even both.

No matter how strong or imposing the house, if it is built upon sand, it will not long stand. Your opinion, while definitely stated, is based on a presupposition — presumably, that there is no God — that is in error.

In fact, Rocky, it is self evidently so.

IC B3

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by deflave
Imagine believing that you’re deathly ill and killing everyone around you even though you’re perfectly healthy.

How fugking dumb would that person have to be?

LOL

It's concerning...unless you are a sociopath.

Apparently.

I am MAGA.
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
The end-of-the-world scenario climatologists have not one single clue or shred of evidence to genuinely support their BS claims.

MM

The measured rise of the Oceans by one foot over the last century, coinciding with a rise in CO2, is pretty good evidence to me.

Not to mention the increase in air temperatures year over year.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
The end-of-the-world scenario climatologists have not one single clue or shred of evidence to genuinely support their BS claims.

MM

The measured rise of the Oceans by one foot over the last century, coinciding with a rise in CO2, is pretty good evidence to me.

LOL!

One sunday at Covid Church the other Sunday at climate church??

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Remsen
... but I have to say what's on my mind.

I am a religious person. I believe in G-d and I adhere to many religious rules, including dietary restrictions and a bunch of other things that are not always fun.

However, when I read about, or interact with, climate activists/activism, I sort of understand why those who reject religion are the way they are. It's been said that religion was invented by ancient humans as a way to explain that which couldn't be explained and/or to control people who otherwise would have been raping, killing, pillaging, etc. without the prospect of a higher power punishing them.

So I see people saying things like "we have to change everything or the planet will die in 10 years" while providing really no scientific evidence that this position is rooted in anything other than fear and a desire to seize power. Much like when the ancient people had to face the question "why shouldn't I kill this guy who is annoying me", people today want to stop others from doing things that they don't like simply by saying "it's to save the planet."

When you can't explain something, it used to be that you'd credit or blame G-d. Now, when you can't explain something, the post-modern progressives want to either blame/credit climate change or, more generally, science, even though science never is static and certainly never is absolute.

Pretty much every prediction about climate change has been wrong, yet it is replacing religion for many people on the left, the very same people who dismiss religion as a fraud.

This isn't to say that I have no use for science, or I want to see the planet polluted, but if you're going to say that religion is a fraud because you can't prove that G-d exists, you have to also question science as a religion since science is almost always unable to explain things beyond a superficial slogan.*

* not all science, of course. Things like chemistry or engineering are pretty well established in fact and practice.

Climate change is the new revival of the old Pagan Gaia goddess worship IMHO.
Ted Turner pushed it to children through Saturday morning programming.... Captain Planet.
It is pushed by pagan teachers, some of which I went to school with. It has such an appeal to the masses that the gt forces businesses into "green" Uniform Commercial Code compliance.
We hardly hear a peep from the corporations protesting the travesty.

I agree with your assessment Remsen. I've studied the issue and have held meetings exposing the green agenda.
The green agenda that started in the 70s as the coming I've age, did a 360 more recently as Al Gore was one spokesman using his office to push it. Now it morphed into Climate Change to answer both sides of the argument. Of course it has nothing to do with meteorology and everything to do with global controls, economies and utilizes the"threat" with techniques of propaganda. This includes the Mother Earth goddess Gaia. As our Bible tells us that we are not to worship the creation, but rather the Creator, He reveals Himself and his salvation in the books of the Law. We are very fortunate to have so much detail and prophecies that we can trust in Him rather than the false pagan "dieties."

As much of hinduism has integrated into western religion through the New Age Movement, it uses a deceptive technique to deceive and proselytize the masses. I remember the story of the Indian yogi who came to america to sell his religion of summoning demons and their power. He failed and went back home, stayed ina cave and summoned them. He was told to teach the religious technique as a science, using scientific terminology. He returned and it worked. The westerners made him a very powerful religious leaders and much wealth. I spent a little time in that until I realized what it was.

The popular religion of west is "science so called."
This faith based.so called science , has convinced many, coerced some and taken over the institutions of america.
I'm reminded of the ancient warning,

"O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:"

Paul's Epistle to Timothy

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 10/16/21.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
[quote=MontanaMan]The end-of-the-world scenario climatologists have not one single clue or shred of evidence to genuinely support their BS claims.

MM

Not to mention the increase in air temperatures year over year.

[

You’re a proven retard and your opinion amount to a pile of dog crap.

Fugking idiot.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
As for the spelling of G-d, it is just something religious Jews do out of respect. We don't say His name and even when referring to Him, it's with the dash.
I’ve noticed that Old_Toot would do the same thing.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Remsen;
Good afternoon to you sir, I hope the day's been behaving well enough for you folks and you're all doing well too.

Thanks for the thread and for your thoughts on the subject, I appreciate your continued candor and the wit with which you deliver it.

While I do claim to be a follower of Christ, I don't believe that I truly fit into the "religious" category or better said that was never something I aspired to do.

All that to say, you didn't offend me at all and even if you had, I've found it's never a bad thing to think about what I believe and how I've come to believe it, you know?

If life ever takes you up across the medicine line on Highway 97 heading through southern BC, at very least I'd be honored to shake your hand and get a coffee or some food into you - along with a visit.

All the best to you folks and good luck on your hunts this fall.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by RiverRider
It's been said that religion was invented by ancient humans as a way to explain that which couldn't be explained and/or to control people who otherwise would have been raping, killing, pillaging, etc. without the prospect of a higher power punishing them.

I get just a little stuck right there.

So if someone claims that religion is just an artificial constraint against rape, murder, and mayhem, then why aren't they out there committing these acts and living it up? If there is no God, no Creator, then existence is totally meaningless in the first place and nothing matters. I am left to believe that those that make that claim must believe they are somehow more "moral" than the rabble, and that's why they don't live a totally nihilistic lifestyle. I'd say we have a problem right here with consistency and coherence in a belief system.

If it were proven tomorrow that there is no heaven or hell, no great reward or punishment, then a lot of religious types would be killing their neighbors.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Life would be meaningless w/o religion or a creator?

Poppycock!

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by LongSpurHunter
Originally Posted by RiverRider
It's been said that religion was invented by ancient humans as a way to explain that which couldn't be explained and/or to control people who otherwise would have been raping, killing, pillaging, etc. without the prospect of a higher power punishing them.
I get just a little stuck right there. So if someone claims that religion is just an artificial constraint against rape, murder, and mayhem, then why aren't they out there committing these acts and living it up? If there is no God, no Creator, then existence is totally meaningless in the first place and nothing matters. I am left to believe that those that make that claim must believe they are somehow more "moral" than the rabble, and that's why they don't live a totally nihilistic lifestyle. I'd say we have a problem right here with consistency and coherence in a belief system.
If it were proven tomorrow that there is no heaven or hell, no great reward or punishment, then a lot of religious types would be killing their neighbors.
Maybe so. To me, if your only motivation for following Jesus’ is so *you* can win the big prize in the end, then your motivation is pretty self-centered. To me, following Jesus has as much or more to do with this life as it does the next.

Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

591 members (10ring1, 160user, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 64 invisible), 2,130 guests, and 1,145 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,098
Posts18,464,148
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.