-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The really stupid part of this is that 90% of this would be accomplished by the market place just because the battery operated stuff is getting so much better so quickly. Even the old farts (me included, thank you) on this forum are switching to battery operated yard tools. I bought a battery trimmer for the farm this year, and my employees grab it over the gas trimmer every single time. It's a better mouse trap.

Unfortunately, that's just a few tools so far, while many others aren't ready for prime time, and won't be in time to meet the law's deadlines.

Just like with the CARB legislation, all this law does is screw up the natural, logical, capitalist progression of technology into the market place. It's going to entice manufacturers into the market with tools that aren't ready for prime time, creating huge economic cost due to tools that don't work as they should, and actually slow the conversion to battery tools overall because of the resentment by the public for the pig in a poke they were required to buy.

Just like the diesel manufacturers were pushed into bringing out EGR / DPF / SCR technology faster than they could proof test it, this will set the conversion of an entire segment of the industry back for years if not decades.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Dutch
The really stupid part of this is that 90% of this would be accomplished by the market place just because the battery operated stuff is getting so much better so quickly. Even the old farts (me included, thank you) on this forum are switching to battery operated yard tools. I bought a battery trimmer for the farm this year, and my employees grab it over the gas trimmer every single time. It's a better mouse trap.

Unfortunately, that's just a few tools so far, while many others aren't ready for prime time, and won't be in time to meet the law's deadlines.

Just like with the CARB legislation, all this law does is screw up the natural, logical, capitalist progression of technology into the market place. It's going to entice manufacturers into the market with tools that aren't ready for prime time, creating huge economic cost due to tools that don't work as they should, and actually slow the conversion to battery tools overall because of the resentment by the public for the pig in a poke they were required to buy.

Just like the diesel manufacturers were pushed into bringing out EGR / DPF / SCR technology faster than they could proof test it, this will set the conversion of an entire segment of the industry back for years if not decades.

Very true

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Most homeless won't need gas engines. No problem.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
I like battery op hand tools......

Lawn tools??

Gayer'n aids.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I like battery op hand tools......

Lawn tools??

Gayer'n aids.

Love my battery operated leaf blower. Haven't used a broom in the garage since getting the blower.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dutch

You bring up some very good points Dutch.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
Amen, Dutch, amen.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
I asked a local shop to turn up the throttle on my lawn mower so it would cut better and they said they couldn't legally do it because of Federal laws.

Bb

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
I asked a local shop to turn up the throttle on my lawn mower so it would cut better and they said they couldn't legally do it because of Federal laws.

Bb

If you hot rod your lawn mower.....you might be a redneck!

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

584 members (10Glocks, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 60 invisible), 2,635 guests, and 1,072 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,313
Posts18,468,297
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.