Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Used to buy chicken from an outfit call Zaycon.

You’d place an order ahead of time and pick up your meat at a pre arranged local spot. Church parking lot or whatever.

Big reefer truck pulls up, cars lined up, drive through and show them your order invoice on your phone, they’d load you up and you drive away.

They did a bunch of chicken, ribs, bacon, etc…..
They went tits up a few years ago. Not sure why.
Seems like a hell of a business model in the time of the Cov-craziness.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
There was an outfit named Future Beef that built state of the art beef processing plant in Arkansas City, Kansas in the early 2000s. They spent millions on top of millions and a lot of producers went in on the deal. It didn't make it but 2 or 3 years. I hope this deal goes better.

Edited: I looked and a Creekstone outfit now has Future Beef facilities and is handling high end Angus cattle and Duroc hogs.

Last edited by Hastings; 10/17/21. Reason: added last sentence

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
The Hutterites should be all over this

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I didn't realize how much beef was being imported until a few weeks ago ,

''''The United States imports beef from places like Australia, Canada, and much of Latin America. It then runs that beef through a USDA inspection and, if it passes, sticks a label on it that reads “Product of the U.S.A.”'''

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ol_mike

''''The United States imports beef from places like Australia, Canada, and much of Latin America. It then runs that beef through a USDA inspection and, if it passes, sticks a label on it that reads “Product of the U.S.A.”'''

Just goes to prove how crooked and corrupt the USDA is.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 10/17/21.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

C
Campfire Greenhorn
Online Content
Campfire Greenhorn
C

That's why we've been pushing to bring back "COOL", Country of Orgin Labeling.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
The Globalist minions running DC will squash this with regulations.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by reivertom
The Globalist minions running DC will squash this with regulations.

That's how they roll and why the USA produces less & less .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by OldHat
You can still try and buy from your local producer and go through a local locker.

Almost every small slaughter facility within 150 miles of us is booked into September of 2022!!!
Some are even farther out.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by CowEater

Because more government regulation helps the little guys, right?

I have to deal with this bull crap over the next year and a half. Yeah, sure, I have time to keep track of where every single effing fish came from over its entire effing life. What the eff am I supposed to do? Put every effing one in an effing goldfish bowl with an effing number on it so I can tell the effing government where every single one came from? The reduction in efficiency that regulation implies is effing mind boggling.

I hope I wasn’t unclear.....

Sic Semper Tyrannis
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by mark shubert
You can still try and buy from your local producer and go through a local locker.

Almost every small slaughter facility within 150 miles of us is booked into September of 2022!!!
Then they should raise their prices.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O

South American has several major world beef producers.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by mark shubert

That is good to hear.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by Dutch

I have to deal with this bull crap over the next year and a half. Yeah, sure, I have time to keep track of where every single effing fish came from over its entire effing life. What the eff am I supposed to do? Put every effing one in an effing goldfish bowl with an effing number on it so I can tell the effing government where every single one came from? The reduction in efficiency that regulation implies is effing mind boggling.

What do you import? Processed or live fish?

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J

Ear tags dummy.

I am MAGA.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Ear tags dummy.

Rolling......

For some people the answers just aren't obvious.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hastings
There was an outfit named Future Beef that built state of the art beef processing plant in Arkansas City, Kansas in the early 2000s. They spent millions on top of millions and a lot of producers went in on the deal. It didn't make it but 2 or 3 years. I hope this deal goes better.

Edited: I looked and a Creekstone outfit now has Future Beef facilities and is handling high end Angus cattle and Duroc hogs.

Local shop sells some of their meat. Spendy, but it is quality. I’ve never had a bad steak from them.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
We have a local producer that reached out to the UGA extension office and next thing you know they spearheaded the idea to build a processing facility on his property. Went from him having to drive long hours taking cattle to get processed, go back and pick it up, etc. Now I dont know what he charges others to have their animals processed by him or how all that works. but I'm sure a lot appreciate having someone close by to do this.

https://ent.uga.edu/news/story/8684/Rocking-Chair-Ranch.html

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Used to buy chicken from an outfit call Zaycon.

You’d place an order ahead of time and pick up your meat at a pre arranged local spot. Church parking lot or whatever.

Big reefer truck pulls up, cars lined up, drive through and show them your order invoice on your phone, they’d load you up and you drive away.

They did a bunch of chicken, ribs, bacon, etc…..
They went tits up a few years ago. Not sure why.
Seems like a hell of a business model in the time of the Cov-craziness.

I’d venture a guess that they went out of business, cause they were not making money.

NRA Patron
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H

For animal based COOL, it should be cradle-to-grave, not just the last 30-60-90 days to be "USA Produced". That's just my opinion as nothing more than a consumer. I have nothing to do with anything on the production side.

Last edited by horse1; 10/18/21.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

616 members (10ring1, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 1234, 10gaugemag, 19rabbit52, 53 invisible), 2,290 guests, and 1,198 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,092
Posts18,464,055
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.