Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
M
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
Some years ago there was a thread about the removal of hydraulic oil from clothes.
I don't remember the answers, and can't find the thread.
Seems washing with Coca-Cola was one option, but I'm not sure. Seems there were a few ideas.
Dang, I THOUGHT I was paying attention!
Any help out there?

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
BP-B2

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Pretty much a daily bath for me, mix any liquid laundry soap with enough water so it will spray in a squirt bottle, pre treat the coveralls or clothing for a few hours, launder normally on 'heavy soil' cycle. Modern wash machine that skimps on water sucks.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Dawn dish soap and simple grren are what we use.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by high_country_
Dawn dish soap and simple grren are what we use.

This works at my house also....

Good Luck Mark!

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I'm the one who ask in the 1st thread. Pre treat with Dawn or purple cleaner. Get a tub or bucket big enough to hold items and agitate. mix Pine sol, Oxy clean and Dawn. soak clothes several hours stirring with boat paddle or something every couple of hours. After several hours I had oil rings floating on the surface and dipped them off.my stuff soaked about 36 hours. All came out.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
What broke?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Dawn

Dawn lifts up grease; surrounds it.

Everyone remembers that.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Pretty much a daily bath for me, mix any liquid laundry soap with enough water so it will spray in a squirt bottle, pre treat the coveralls or clothing for a few hours, launder normally on 'heavy soil' cycle. Modern wash machine that skimps on water sucks.

If your old washer quits, HAVE IT FIXED NO MATTER HOW MUCH IT COSTS! The new washing machines, all of them, do not get clothes clean. To get detergent out you have to run another whole cycle w/o adding detergent.

Imagine a corporate oligarchy so effective, so advanced and fine tuned that its citizens still call it a democracy.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Borchardt, I see you have been there, done that. Three weeks into the new machine, wife says, "what would it take to get the old Maytag going again?" "Oh a new water solenoid, maybe a flex hose on the water pump". Order came down, "Do it". The new water saver is behind the shop, re purposed to store old chainsaw parts that are too good to throw away.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Borchardt, I see you have been there, done that. Three weeks into the new machine, wife says, "what would it take to get the old Maytag going again?" "Oh a new water solenoid, maybe a flex hose on the water pump". Order came down, "Do it". The new water saver is behind the shop, re purposed to store old chainsaw parts that are too good to throw away.

Good move! I wish I had saved my old machine, I did not know about the "new" BS.

Imagine a corporate oligarchy so effective, so advanced and fine tuned that its citizens still call it a democracy.

IC B3

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Simple green and dish soap in a tub. Soak and stir occasionally

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
502 members (1badf350, 10gaugeman, 1lessdog, 160user, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 41 invisible), 2,529 guests, and 1,106 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,733
Posts18,400,973
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.