-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
When I went over to the Piggly Wiggly all they had was the store brand soda.
Will it work as well as the Arm and Hammer?

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Raferman
Hook him up blackheart.

Im still waiting for my custom coues deer rifle from blackheart. Iol

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Hook him up blackheart.
He hasn't been able to get it up in years. He should try hookin up with BobBrown. Word around the truck stops is that faag can suck the chrome off a trailer hitch and only charges a quarter.

You ask about dudes at truck stops?

Camp is where you make it.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by tzone
Hook him up blackheart.
He hasn't been able to get it up in years. He should try hookin up with BobBrown. Word around the truck stops is that faag can suck the chrome off a trailer hitch and only charges a quarter.

You ask about dudes at truck stops?
Heard it here on the fire so it must be true.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Blackheart - I think you owe the Shaman an apology for $hitting all over this thread. People like you really fugg up an otherwise productive and informational thread.

Gentlemen able to refrain from Blackheart's low class antics;

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Three quarters of all your posts are nothing but snarky, smart assed, condescending remarks. Obviously a desperate attempt at projecting an image of intellectual superiority while in reality everybody, including you, knows you're just a pathetic loser.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Three quarters of all your posts are nothing but snarky, smart assed, condescending remarks. Obviously a desperate attempt at projecting an image of intellectual superiority while in reality everybody, including you, knows you're just a pathetic loser.

Sorry you feel that way friend.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by T_Inman
Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by hillestadj
Stocked up on bicarb over the weekend. Thanks for lookin' out Sheman. I am a convert, a true believer.

Thoughts on attractants?

fish on

I am pretty sure hillestadj is being facetious.

Shaman being the fish

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by GregW
[quote=shaman]I'm sure as soon as I hit the "POST" button, the scheißvogel will descend on this thread and pepper it with "I told you so!"

The point of making this post is to say:
1) The Shamanic Baking Soda Method is not Infallible or sure-fire
2) It has limits
3) Results vary-- especially if you don't follow the process

Saturday was the KY Muzzleloader Opener. It rained all night and cleared out just before we went out to our blinds. The wind started gusting in the morning and it was going full-on for the afternoon. I had a chilly 5-10 mph wind down the back of my neck when I went out to the tower blind. None of us were really worried about shooting anything. For us, ML season is just a dry run for the big show in November. I'm the first to say that I wasn't really trying.

I have a bunch of details about how and why the Baking Soda Method failed here:
Muzzleloader Season, 2021

If you want to review the method, my article is here:
Shamanic Baking Soda Method

The bottom line is that due to the dropping temperatures and the rising wind, I did nothing from 10 AM when I came in until 4 PM when I went back out to reduce the stink. I left all my hunting duds on, I even added some untreated layers to deal with the cold wind. I ate my lunch in my hunting duds. I was around cigarette smokers. I wasn't serious about the baking soda thing, and I ended up seeing the result.

Someone is going to argue that the exceptions don't prove the rule. Look, all I know is that with 10 MPH winds blowing straight at my back, I would have kind of half-expected the deer to notice me at some point. However, I would have not expected them to wind me at 200 yards and run off. I've sat in that tower blind for 4 seasons, and done so with all manner of wind. I have been busted, but it has always been from things other than smell. Normally, they cue on my orange-clad head bobbing around as I shift to get a bead on them. As long as I don't move, even with unfavorable wind conditions, the scent level would be low enough for them to get within 50 yards or so before becoming aware. I've even had them walk up to the blind, walk around the tower and finally stand at the base of the ladder to catch me.

Oh just stop...

———————-

Best 3 words in whole thread !

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by SKane
It's obviously the most magical 200 acres on earth.

Bwahaa Bwahaa. laugh laugh laugh laugh

jwall, I said that !!!

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Hook him up blackheart.

not into under age filipino boys like blackie.

I'll pass

let's discuss the ozone machine or HECS, the invisible man hunter. Both proven technology

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by ribka
Hook him up blackheart.

not into under age filipino boys like blackie.

I'll pass

let's discuss the ozone machine or HECS, the invisible man hunter. Both proven technology
Your pathetic, ugly old ass ain't got room to be picky.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
By chance did you error and use gluten free baking soda?

Wish I could help, but a suggestion…I’ve had them almost come into the blind….wind swirling…with my Dog in there with me.

laissez les bons temps rouler
shaman Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by battue

Wish I could help, but a suggestion…I’ve had them almost come into the blind….wind swirling…with my Dog in there with me.

Oh, if you go to the link and read the weblog entry, I had a whole list of things I did wrong. The reason I made this thread was just to illustrate that this method is not a deadnuts sure thing. It takes work. It takes time. I was just cutting corners, because it was ML season. We use ML as a dress rehearsal.

After I got back to town, I did two loads of wash with baking soda. One was the polypro underwear that is closest to my skin. The other was the Hunter Orange layer. Normally I don't wash the latter, but it was starting to show stains. All this got hung out on the line for 24 hours and then salted down with baking soda and bagged in trash bags. They'll have a month to sit in the baking soda before they get used on The Rifle Opener.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

How do you get your dog to stand still for the baking soda treatment?

One season my buddy put a kerosene heater in the back of the truck with all our gear including duffels with our hunting clothes. The damn thing leaked and all our stuff smelled like diesel.

So I chewed some Wrigley's spearmint to cover the diesel smell, and it worked. I killed a nice buck, he never smelled me. Had to be the Wrigley's.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Don’t know what to tell you….more than once we have done the deed with two and once with three….friends Son did the killing at around 15 yards. No baking soda and for sure wearing the same clothes they hunted in all week without any voodoo cover scenting.

Must be a Pa thang…..

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by smokepole

How do you get your dog to stand still for the baking soda treatment?

One season my buddy put a kerosene heater in the back of the truck with all our gear including duffels with our hunting clothes. The damn thing leaked and all our stuff smelled like diesel.

So I chewed some Wrigley's spearmint to cover the diesel smell, and it worked. I killed a nice buck, he never smelled me. Had to be the Wrigley's.

Clove is for the big boys. Deer that is..

Didn’t waste time with dosing him with soda. He would have been looking for some Bear shiit to roll in to cover his scent. Bear shiit in the blind is bad juju when Deer hunting.

Last edited by battue; 10/19/21.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
shaman, god bless ya - I've never seen anyone commit to sharing more profundity on how to shoot 1.5 y/o deer.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
shaman, god bless ya - I've never seen anyone commit to sharing more profundity on how to shoot 1.5 y/o deer.

Along with some of the dumbest chit I ever read in my life.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If only they had scent control detergent and scent lock bags that double zip for storing cloths.

But, the tip about hanging around inside, wearing my hunting stuff, around smokers, now that's helpful.

😉

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

75 members (10gaugemag, 444Matt, 44automag, 35sambar, 15 invisible), 2,220 guests, and 717 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,667
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.