Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Thumbs up from the Outback of NorCal.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
GB1

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Nice dog you took home. I'd be very surprised if she's mean. In being around dogs all my life it's the eyes that tell the most. Your pup doesn't have that wild I'm gonna kill something look.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Nice looking dog.

Most pits don’t flip, a few do.

Watch her around other dogs as she gets older.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Hard to turn away when they look at you like that !

You’re a good man

if a man speaks, and there isn't a woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

JPro Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Vet says she’s maybe a little over a year old. 40lbs. Licked everybody to death in the waiting room and exam room. Will certainly keep a close eye while integrating with the big dogs. It helps that they’re twice her size. They’ve got to establish the pecking order.

Now with even more aplomb
IC B2

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by mbhunt
Can I have your guns?

He might need them...
But will he be ready when the unprovoked attack happens

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by JPro
Vet says she’s maybe a little over a year old. 40lbs. Licked everybody to death in the waiting room and exam room. Will certainly keep a close eye while integrating with the big dogs. It helps that they’re twice her size. They’ve got to establish the pecking order.

I guess you never witnessed a pitt bull fight...size means nothing.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
“Licked everyone…”. Ah that’s taste testing and a tenderizing method. 😂

No, seriously, good for you. Like many here, the older I get the more I like dogs an people less.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
We had a really good Blue Staffordshire bitch......exception
to the rule, I guess.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Good for you. That's a beautiful dog, and should be a great member of your family (Pits have great personalities). Just keep in mind that one little slip in her judgement can result in more harm than could be the case if a Golden Retriever were to have the same slip in judgement. That's about the only special instruction you need for that breed.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
she looks hooked on you already!
take good care.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I'm sure you had the air bag turned off on her side, but just in case, be beware that if an air bag is deployed on a dog in the front seat, it can very well kill a dog or very seriously injure it. I see folks riding with a dog on their lap and I want to yell at them. Dumb folks.

Just sayin'. smile

Nice looking dog. Good on you. Good for her.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Thumbs up from the Outback of NorCal.

Hopefully, Gaybitch Newsom isn't throwing a wine party in your hood this weekend.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
JPro Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Little update on the land shark for any who might be interested. We're betting Charlie's a bit younger than originally thought, as there's still a lot of puppy in there. Housetraining is still going on, but we have a fenced backyard here, so she can go in and out as needed. Sleeps 8hrs no problem in a crate in the bedroom, but still wants to pee in the house at times if she's played hard or just woke up.

She figured out right quick that the old white bulldog mix is boss, and she's not challenging that. Made best friends with our 3yr old brindle cur and he's liable to get back in fighting shape with all the wrasslin' every day. We're currently living in our 1200SF hunting camp as we prepare to build a house here, so it gets a bit tight when the pups get after it.

The best part is that she's a people-lover. Guess it's partly due to the alone-time at the pound, but she's wanting to be with somebody at every waking moment. We're going with it for a while before we start suggesting she learn a bit of independence. A person might want to get a shower or go to the bathroom by themselves every now and again.

Phase 2 is going to be off-leash command training and working on not chasing the cats. Hopefully, we'll get there. It took a while with the big dogs, but they made it. She likely can too..

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
if I had a big spread I'd have several dogs. The old I get the more I just like being around them.

I have 3 now.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
not a pit man but nice looking dog

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by KFWA
if I had a big spread I'd have several dogs. The old I get the more I just like being around them.

I have 3 now.

Man, I'm with ya.'

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Little update on the land shark for any who might be interested. We're betting Charlie's a bit younger than originally thought, as there's still a lot of puppy in there. Housetraining is still going on, but we have a fenced backyard here, so she can go in and out as needed. Sleeps 8hrs no problem in a crate in the bedroom, but still wants to pee in the house at times if she's played hard or just woke up.

She figured out right quick that the old white bulldog mix is boss, and she's not challenging that. Made best friends with our 3yr old brindle cur and he's liable to get back in fighting shape with all the wrasslin' every day. We're currently living in our 1200SF hunting camp as we prepare to build a house here, so it gets a bit tight when the pups get after it.

The best part is that she's a people-lover. Guess it's partly due to the alone-time at the pound, but she's wanting to be with somebody at every waking moment. We're going with it for a while before we start suggesting she learn a bit of independence. A person might want to get a shower or go to the bathroom by themselves every now and again.

Phase 2 is going to be off-leash command training and working on not chasing the cats. Hopefully, we'll get there. It took a while with the big dogs, but they made it. She likely can too..

Great pics!

JPro Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gemby58
not a pit man but nice looking dog

We're wondering if there's likely some other terrier blood in there for her to be so small? She's 40lbs. Seems like most pits I see around are a good bit bigger.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Looks like that dog hit the jackpot with you folks. smile I'd rather have a dog that is a bit of a clinger than off on it's own all the time.

I in the past I've used the e-collar to reinforce training when they get a little rebellious. Works well and not needed for long.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

66 members (808outdoors, 1973cb450, ATC, Bclark, 10gaugemag, 8 invisible), 1,397 guests, and 749 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,674
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.