Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Raferman
"I will ignore everything you post"
Lol

Pretty funny.

Whats the wager anyway?? That Carbon and Covid gonna kill us all??

I am MAGA.
GB1

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Yes you suffer from a lack of education.
CO2 is necessary for photosynthesis (plant growth). But too much CO2 can be poison for plant growth.
What is the percentage of CO2 now and what percentage would poison the plants? As I have said about my visit to Fossil Butte NP, they claim CO2 was 20 times what it is presently in the distant past and apparently gave rise to the abundant life that ended up being the sequestered carbon in our fossil fuels. Do you know what level would be poisonous and are we close to that level?
IndyCA35: I heard from Rock Chuck on this. According to him we aren't even close to harmful levels of CO2 if I understood correctly. What do you say?

To be honest with you, Hastings, I don't know. My guess is that we could raise CO2 levels a lot more and there would still be lots of plant life, maybe even more than now.

The real problem is the other things that higher CO2 levels could cause. Specifically, raising the level of the oceans. Now if you melt the Arctic ice cap, it will not raise the sea level because the ice there is already floating in the ocean, as some have posted. But if you melt the Greenland or Antarctic ice caps, which are not floating in the sea, the melt water will flow into the oceans and raise the levels. Eventually a lot of people, as in millions, would have to move. There would be other changes. For instance, we have had a very rainy summer here but they've had droughts in the west. Was that caused by climate change? I don't know.

Whatever the cause, I think the Green New Deal stuff is a mistake. Forget windmills and solar panels. What we should do is emphasize nuclear energy. It's a lot safer than in Japan or Russia and it works. Better yet, we should launch a crash program to make hydrogen fusion (like a controlled H-bomb) work. the people working on that are very close to making it practical. The fuel would be water and the waste would not be radioactive.

Unfortunately, with jerks like Obama, Biden, and Kerry in charge, it's hard to make rational decisions without cheap short-term politics.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Look at that fugking idiot GO!

But he didn’t vote for Biden.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You will always find what you're looking for. If you look for the good, you can find good. If you look for the bad, you'll find bad. If you wanna see what's wrong every single day, you can find what's wrong every single day. If you wanna see what’s right every single day, you can find what’s right every single day.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by antlers
You will always find what you're looking for. If you look for the good, you can find good. If you look for the bad, you'll find bad. If you wanna see what's wrong every single day, you can find what's wrong every single day. If you wanna see what’s right every single day, you can find what’s right every single day.

Yes, until the water gets too hot and the frog croaks. wink

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B2

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by deflave
Look at that fugking idiot GO!

But he didn’t vote for Biden.

LOL

Is she a foreigner and unable to vote?

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
You and Sickermore are stupid.

Put a bottle of water or pop in the freezer. When frozen the bottle will be full of ice unless it pops the bottle.

Put a pail of water nealy full outside in freezing weather and see where the ice level is when frozen and then where the water level is when it thaws.

I dont know why i bother. Youre both too dumb to understand. Many scientist have explained meltong sea ice will result in lower ocean levels. Sorry you were brainwashed by the global warming agenda.

When water freezes it expands. Whoa, get this, when it thaws (gets warmer) it CONTRACTS. Accept the SCIENCE.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
CO2 is necessary for photosynthesis (plant growth). But too much CO2 can be poison for plant growth.
What is the percentage of CO2 now and what percentage would poison the plants? As I have said about my visit to Fossil Butte NP, they claim CO2 was 20 times what it is presently in the distant past and apparently gave rise to the abundant life that ended up being the sequestered carbon in our fossil fuels. Do you know what level would be poisonous and are we close to that level?
IndyCA35: I heard from Rock Chuck on this. According to him we aren't even close to harmful levels of CO2 if I understood correctly. What do you say?

To be honest with you, Hastings, I don't know. My guess is that we could raise CO2 levels a lot more and there would still be lots of plant life, maybe even more than now.

The real problem is the other things that higher CO2 levels could cause. Specifically, raising the level of the oceans. Now if you melt the Arctic ice cap, it will not raise the sea level because the ice there is already floating in the ocean, as some have posted. But if you melt the Greenland or Antarctic ice caps, which are not floating in the sea, the melt water will flow into the oceans and raise the levels. Eventually a lot of people, as in millions, would have to move. There would be other changes. For instance, we have had a very rainy summer here but they've had droughts in the west. Was that caused by climate change? I don't know.

Whatever the cause, I think the Green New Deal stuff is a mistake. Forget windmills and solar panels. What we should do is emphasize nuclear energy. It's a lot safer than in Japan or Russia and it works. Better yet, we should launch a crash program to make hydrogen fusion (like a controlled H-bomb) work. the people working on that are very close to making it practical. The fuel would be water and the waste would not be radioactive.

Unfortunately, with jerks like Obama, Biden, and Kerry in charge, it's hard to make rational decisions without cheap short-term politics.

but just as glaciers are huge repositories of water in colder times arid regions absorb copius amounts of water in warmer times transitioning them to more lush vegetation which in turn creates more carbon dioxide conversion capacity, and of course with less snow pack you also increase vegetation and carbon dioxide conversion to oxygen on the cold border of the growing zone..

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jaguartx

BS. They measured at different times in tides. NY and Miami were supposed to be under water 20 years ago as icebergs were melting.

Nope. No reputable scientist ever predicted that.

Global warming is real and is caused by humans. That is not in dispute by any intelligent person (excludes deFlave). What is in dispute are the proposed solutions, most of which won't work. For instance, if every nation subscribed to the Paris Accords, the global temperature would only be lowered by 0.06 degree by 2100. That's too small to measure.

Odd how they measured warming on other planets as well.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Melting and évaporation have cooling effects wet your arm and blow on it. How did dinasuars live in North Dakota. Oil is a fossil fuel. The earth has changed since it was créated continental drift for instance. But now we are on the vergé of distruction from à very short timeline study. Antartica had the coldest season ever. Other places were hot. Climate change pondents basically are at war against freedom and capitalism China the worst polutor gets à pass. Nobody wants to do harm to the environment but we do need to balance whats good for people also. As technology improves so will some concerns. Unreasonable quick change would be devistating.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sea levels are more influenced by plate tectonics than ice. Sea levels are not even across the globe either as you might expect if it was simply a matter of water volume.

And...
There are 73 books in The Bible, not 66. The Bible is a Catholic book.
Everybody should read ALL of the books. They all deal with revelation and salvation history.

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

the evidence indicates that increased CO2 is RESULT of higher temps, not the cause of it. There's a lot of it absorbed in sea water. When the water heats, it's released, when the water cools it's absorbed. However, that happens over a very long time, like centuries. The water has been slowly warming since the last ice age so it's slowly releasing it's CO2.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
You and Sickermore are stupid.

Put a bottle of water or pop in the freezer. When frozen the bottle will be full of ice unless it pops the bottle.

Put a pail of water nealy full outside in freezing weather and see where the ice level is when frozen and then where the water level is when it thaws.

I dont know why i bother. Youre both too dumb to understand. Many scientist have explained meltong sea ice will result in lower ocean levels. Sorry you were brainwashed by the global warming agenda.

When water freezes it expands. Whoa, get this, when it thaws (gets warmer) it CONTRACTS. Accept the SCIENCE.

Next time don't sleep through high school chemistry.

Ice occupies more volume than water because ice becomes a crystaline structure. Water is a fluid with no interstices. Everyone knows that.

"Many scientists have explained melting sea ice will result in lower ocean levels."

Everyone knows that too. but the problem is that melting LAND ice flows into the sea and creates more water. Duh!

Land ice, not sea ice.

Try this. Fill a glass partially full of water. Drop some ice cubes in. After they melt, did the water level go up or down?

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
What evidence?

And don't confuse rapid changes over 100 years or so with long-term geological cycles of 100,000s of years.

You are partially correct, though. Everyone who didn't sleep through high school chemistry knows that if you heat a fluid it can hold less doissolved gas, less CO2, O2, Nitrogen, or whatever. That's not what's causing the problem.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by 280shooter

BS. They measured at different times in tides. NY and Miami were supposed to be under water 20 years ago as icebergs were melting.

Global warming is real and is caused by humans. That is not in dispute by any intelligent person (excludes deFlave). What is in dispute are the proposed solutions, most of which won't work. For instance, if every nation subscribed to the Paris Accords, the global temperature would only be lowered by 0.06 degree by 2100. That's too small to measure.

Where and how much? I used to be president of the county astronomical association.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I

I don't believe anything Peppermint Patti says.

Decent Americans don't watch Jake Tapper's show.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 280shooter

Where and how much? I used to be president of the county astronomical association.

Then you are willfully ignorant if you don't know.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by Raferman
"I will ignore everything you post"
Lol

Pretty funny.

Whats the wager anyway?? That Carbon and Covid gonna kill us all??

The wager was this, Jim. DeFlave kept claiming I voted for Biden. I wagered him $20,000 that I could prove I supported Trump. While votes are secret, campaign contributions are public knowledge if you know the giver's name. I told deFlave he would have to put up $20,000 too. A neutral party would keep the $40,000 until proof was presented. Winner take all.

DeFlave is a blow hard. His only responses (to date) are to call me some swear words. I'm not sure he is capable of reasoning, just responding. He never tries to refute arguments, just loses his temper and bites ankles. Like poking an alligator with a stick.

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
I work with a lot of people with hard science degrees who only graduated because of multiple choice testing. They mostly subscribe to whatever is popular regarding climate change. They don't understand it.

So you have people subscribe to ideologies as a matter of course. It's science to them because they are immersed in working with what to them is science. As an example, consider much of science comes down to making a measurement. These people don't know the technical names of the equipment they use, let alone how the technology functions.

And they become upset when their ignorance is questioned. I blame government subsidy encouraging universities to accept and retain students who would never have been accepted fifty years ago. This comes down to over taxation.

Interesting post OP.

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

62 members (2500HD, 7mm_Loco, 808outdoors, Akpilot, 338reddog, 257_X_50, 8 invisible), 1,183 guests, and 752 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,718
Posts18,457,119
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.