Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
Meh. I drink a lot less now that my brother explained to me how the wastewater treatment place does things. I was born and raised in the country with well water.

He tells me the water that comes out of my tap now, used to be in someone's toilet? Fug that lol

I see; as opposed to coming out of someone's septic tank.

Yes. Lol if I am ignorant of it I guess it tastes better?

BP-B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Seems silly. When I was young nobody carried around water like today, and we didn't die.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
My most prized possession is a stainless thermos my dad gave me when I was 15-16.

I may post pics, if it can be photographed.

Those old school stainless Thermos are bullet proof. Post a picture.

In Bobbi Brown’s case, every dude he walks past is a source of hydration.

LOL

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
If I'm out scouting or hiking I usually do carry a Nalgene or at least 12 once bottle. I may not drink it, but I'd rather have it and not need it as opposed to the alternative.
If I'm actually hunting, I've almost always have a small thermos of coffee that fits perfectly in my fanny pack to warm me up.

The chances they come, and the chances they go.
But the time. You don't get that back.

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by slumlord
We use to head off down into the woods as kids, be gone till almost till dark. Nothing to drink all day.

We’d just drink out of the creek or somebody’s water hose or whatever was handy.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AZmark
In the Arizona desert its always a good idea to have some water on hand.

Brother, you ain't kidding! Same in the California deserts. The Mojave desert, Death Valley, etc., are very unforgiving of ignorant people who wander around out in that harsh country. smile

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I take two 16 oz bottles of flavored water from either Aldi or Walmart with me in the truck when I leave the house everyday. Only in an effort to drink more water.

Last edited by local_dirt; 10/18/21.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O

I never have felt the need to tote a 1- quart Nalgene or steel thermos of water every.

****unless, I was trail hiking more than a few miles***

Might shove a mtn dew bottle or nestle water bottle in my back pocket while in a plowed field for a few hours.

Reason I ask: I see people and have for last few years go everywhere with a metal cylinder of liquid. Seems stupid, like a pacifier for a baby. College campus have water fountain in every bldg.
otherwise can humans not go 2 hours without having a sip of something? Catfish live longer than that without water.

Might catch the covid from the fountain.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
Meh. I drink a lot less now that my brother explained to me how the wastewater treatment place does things. I was born and raised in the country with well water.

He tells me the water that comes out of my tap now, used to be in someone's toilet? Fug that lol

You just now finding that out?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
When I was young I never even thought about water(I do live in what amounts to a swamp) but getting older seems to require more water so if I'm going to be out of the house or travel for any time I take a cooler with several bottles of water. I don't "nurse" a bottle, get it out and drink it down. When I was still working I would be forced to appear at the office in the capital city at times and noticed that the sales chicks would carry a bottle of water around, never see them drink any? The office had very nice water fountains that worked just fine, I'll bet that water in the bottle came from the same tap.

IC B3

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Well yeah. I never lived in a city before...just drank from our well. I admit I was a little slow on that one lol

Just never stopped to wonder what was attached at the other end of the spigot before I guess...

And this was years ago

Last edited by mjbgalt; 10/18/21.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Used to carry a gallon glass jug filled with ice and water, wrapped in newspaper and sacked in a Big Star bag when chopping cotton, then when I hit concrete work 5 gallon Igloo. I sweat a lot, and heat stroke is a thing...

I tote a 5 gallon to the farm when I go up, I drink half a gallon of coffee a day if that counts.

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by AZmark
In the Arizona desert its always a good idea to have some water on hand.

True. Things can go south way fast in the desert. Long, long ago I spent all day hiking outside tucson. Up hill a lot. I drank 7 quarts that day. I got back to the truck and I was messed up. My lips were numb and I was feeling very, very bad. I stopped at a ranch and the guy comes to the door and could not speak English. I said "agua" (only Spanish I knew) and he obliged.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yes.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
I won't drink outside water sources with out treatment, unless I can immediately trace the source. Giardia, ag runoff, and septic seepage don't agree with me.

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
When working, I’d always have a 5gallon cooler of ice water on the back of the truck, but never saw a need to pack it around with me.

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
It’s a canvas to put acab,blm,and rainbow stickers on.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Originally Posted by rickt300
I carry a gallon in the truck all the time, for the dog or to wash up a bit.

I carry two liters for the same reason in old coke/mountain dew/dr pepper bottles.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

Seems stupid, like a pacifier for a baby.

Yup - it's stupid, and it's gay.

The only thing gayer is drinking Fiji.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I carried a stainless 2 quart insulated jug every day to work for "ever", all year. Put a healthy amount of ice cubes in each morning then top off.

Now, I never leave home without water, but not that big jug. I refill those disgusting pint plastic water bottles with drinkable well water.

Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
718 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 007FJ, 1234, 17CalFan, 66 invisible), 2,930 guests, and 1,257 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,752
Posts18,401,318
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.