Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
At least that is what the guy in sporting goods just told me.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

GB1

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I DOUBT IT.

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by rickt300
At least that is what the guy in sporting goods just told me.

Well that's a reliable source...

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Me too. They are one of the largest firearms dealers in the country. Maybe that location as I have seen several that have.

GreggH

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
If true...GOOD!
LGS 100%, and I'll gladly pay the difference.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They apparently stopped selling ammo for “assault style weapons’ in 2019, whatever that is, but all I ever see in stock is 350 Legend. crazy

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I couldn’t tell you what WalMart sells. I barely remember what the inside of one looks like.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Walmart, sporting goods stores, or just about any business that is started by folks with a passion for (whatever) eventually gets sold to some BigCorp and run by rootless cosmopolitans with an MBA who have no heart or passion for the original venture.

And then sold off to vampire capitalist venture capital pirates who loot and rape it.

If it is a sporting goods chain, it will morph into a sporting CLOTHING chain because the hand-rubbing bean-counters know f-all about guns or playing sports or gear. Heck, they HATE the people who do. But they do have contacts in the garment district, so lets devote 90% of floor space to sporty-ish clothes from China-stan and put a few items used for sport along the walls. (Any number of sporting goods chains)

If it is a firearms manufacturer, they will have it take on a mountain of debt, cash out for themselves, and then kick the raped and eviscerated corpse of a company on to the market (Remington).

Walmart is more amenable to globohomo capitalist shenanigans given its generalist department store nature, but we saw how its heart was murdered after the Waltons took their payout and hired the usual suspects from NYC to run it while the surviving Waltons live lives of dissipation. Part of that heart was providing flyover folks with stuff flyover folks like to buy. Like guns and made in America items.

Regards,

deadlift_dude
“The very first essential for success is a perpetually constant and regular employment of violence.”
----Fred Rogers
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Wouldn’t surprise me one bit if they quit selling ammo.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I sorely wish there were options to Walmutt for just about anything. But don't hold your breath.

IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
They've been tooting that horn for years and years.
BFD if they do. The selection of guns and ammo they
have locally sucks anyhow.
Leaves more for the LGS to pick up.
Would rather not buy from them to begin with

Just because you're offended doesn't mean your right.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They might think they’d be better off filling those shelves with something they can stock and make money on, except they have many empty shelves to do that with. I doubt it’s the case, they’ll get anything they can sell right now.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Walmart sucks but I hate to see guns and gun culture sanitized from our biggest retailers in an effort to make guns look fringe.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
hell, 99% of the time the ones around here don't have schit and then when they do, ya gotta call elmer from paints to come over and open the friggen cabinet. takes 20 minutes to get there and then takes him 10 minutes to go through his keys. whole time he's muttering under his breath.

My diploma is a DD214
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by jfruser
Walmart, sporting goods stores, or just about any business that is started by folks with a passion for (whatever) eventually gets sold to some BigCorp and run by rootless cosmopolitans with an MBA who have no heart or passion for the original venture.

And then sold off to vampire capitalist venture capital pirates who loot and rape it.

If it is a sporting goods chain, it will morph into a sporting CLOTHING chain because the hand-rubbing bean-counters know f-all about guns or playing sports or gear. Heck, they HATE the people who do. But they do have contacts in the garment district, so lets devote 90% of floor space to sporty-ish clothes from China-stan and put a few items used for sport along the walls. (Any number of sporting goods chains)

If it is a firearms manufacturer, they will have it take on a mountain of debt, cash out for themselves, and then kick the raped and eviscerated corpse of a company on to the market (Remington).

Walmart is more amenable to globohomo capitalist shenanigans given its generalist department store nature, but we saw how its heart was murdered after the Waltons took their payout and hired the usual suspects from NYC to run it while the surviving Waltons live lives of dissipation. Part of that heart was providing flyover folks with stuff flyover folks like to buy. Like guns and made in America items.

You mean like this?

[Linked Image from 149360081.v2.pressablecdn.com]
[Linked Image from i1.wp.com]

to this?

[Linked Image from businessoffashion.com]

and then this?

[Linked Image from cdn-www.thefashionspot.com]

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Back before the pandemic, when Wal-Mart still had ammo, you could buy a box of 12 or 20 gauge Remington Express shotgun shells for 12.97. The LGS a half mile down the road wanted 21.95. Wal-Marts price on a box of Win. Power Point or Rem. Core-Lokt in .243, .270; .308 or.30-06 was 18.97 while the LGS wanted 27.95. I never have liked the gun shop or it's owner that much.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I thought Walmart already stopped selling firearms. This morning a kid at work said he bought a Savage axis this weekend from Walmart. I was surprised

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Eddie Bauer is another one that completely changed direction, and not for the better.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Sears, Montgomery Wards, Woolworths, K-Mart, and Target are also large retailers who've migrated out of the gun-selling business, and yet, gun manufacturers have flourished. I'm 47 grew up in a town of ~50K and we had all of those retailers at some point, and, all of them had gun depts that I can remember visiting.

Last edited by horse1; 10/18/21.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
I've looked a WM in the past for an occasional 4 pack of 20 gauge shotgun shells(that I don't load) for 20 bucks. Or the standard pack of 550 22 long rifles for $19.99.

I honestly think that any shooter beyond that level should have looked beyond them some years ago.

If WM quits selling these things, or things beyond that, should it matter?

Asking.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

81 members (35, Bigd7378, Birdwatcher, 7mm_Loco, 11 invisible), 1,419 guests, and 849 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,060
Posts18,463,254
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.