Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Western_Juniper
Originally Posted by jfruser
Walmart, sporting goods stores, or just about any business that is started by folks with a passion for (whatever) eventually gets sold to some BigCorp and run by rootless cosmopolitans with an MBA who have no heart or passion for the original venture.

And then sold off to vampire capitalist venture capital pirates who loot and rape it.

If it is a sporting goods chain, it will morph into a sporting CLOTHING chain because the hand-rubbing bean-counters know f-all about guns or playing sports or gear. Heck, they HATE the people who do. But they do have contacts in the garment district, so lets devote 90% of floor space to sporty-ish clothes from China-stan and put a few items used for sport along the walls. (Any number of sporting goods chains)

If it is a firearms manufacturer, they will have it take on a mountain of debt, cash out for themselves, and then kick the raped and eviscerated corpse of a company on to the market (Remington).

Walmart is more amenable to globohomo capitalist shenanigans given its generalist department store nature, but we saw how its heart was murdered after the Waltons took their payout and hired the usual suspects from NYC to run it while the surviving Waltons live lives of dissipation. Part of that heart was providing flyover folks with stuff flyover folks like to buy. Like guns and made in America items.

You mean like this?

[Linked Image from 149360081.v2.pressablecdn.com]
[Linked Image from i1.wp.com]

to this?

[Linked Image from businessoffashion.com]

and then this?

[Linked Image from cdn-www.thefashionspot.com]

Yep. From ten gauges to twinks, brought to you from the financialization of American commerce.

Regards,

deadlift_dude
“The very first essential for success is a perpetually constant and regular employment of violence.”
----Fred Rogers
BP-B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Yep. From ten gauges to twinks, brought to you from the financialization of American commerce.

What's a twink?

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Talked to a dealer in Vermont on Saturday re: ammo and he mentioned that a box of walmart ammo has a WM on it vs other ammo does not. He claims it’s made slightly cheaper than everywhere else. Interesting comment. I never bought any.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rem141r
hell, 99% of the time the ones around here don't have schit and then when they do, ya gotta call elmer from paints to come over and open the friggen cabinet. takes 20 minutes to get there and then takes him 10 minutes to go through his keys. whole time he's muttering under his breath.

Pretty much the way it is here also.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I'm pretty sure Wally World made this decision once before about a decade ago. It lasted about 2 years before they brought it all back IIRC.

The chances they come, and the chances they go.
But the time. You don't get that back.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
actually might be a good thing for Ammo companies...Walmart is notoriously hard on the supply chain pricing..
I would love to see more mom and pop hunting shops come back.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
You all mean the same mom and pop that tell ya they aint got schit all the time.
But yet are able to pay 4 or 5 full time family and friend employee's thru all this.

The same mom and pop that sell all their firearms and ammo they get in on gunbroker under accounts not associated with their shop????

Or do you guys mean the mom and pop shop that buys ammo and guns at walmart and charges at least a 50% mark up.
Even more when bought on brick seek clearance.

Those mom and pops or mee maw and pee paw shops ???

Some of you guys are extremely naive on what has been going on.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You all mean the same mom and pop that tell ya they aint got schit all the time.
But yet are able to pay 4 or 5 full time family and friend employee's thru all this.

The same mom and pop that sell all their firearms and ammo they get in on gunbroker under accounts not associated with their shop????

Or do you guys mean the mom and pop shop that buys ammo and guns at walmart and charges at least a 50% mark up.

Facts

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Wal-Mart has handled their firearms business in odd ways over the years.

They have sold Weatherbys, closed them out, brought them back, and closed them out again.

In 2016 WM closed out Ruger Americans for under $200. In 2018 basic Weatherby Vanguards were closed out for under $200 in some places, $250 around Omaha. In 2020 they closed out their Savage Edges for as little as $125 in some places. I bought 2 of them 'cause the price was so low.

WM has moveda huge volume of rifle and shotgun ammo over the years and although they don't have much ammo on their shelves, they have bumped the prices on Winchester centerfire ammo by between $5 and $10 per box of 20 rounds. Just last week I noticed that Winchester Deerseason XP 30-06 was selling for $29 per box of 20 rounds, up from around $22 a years or so ago. As long as they can make a profit and keep their investors happy, I doubt that they will stop selling ammo and accessories in fly over country.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

not mee maw and pee paw??? wtf, is nothing sacred?

My diploma is a DD214
IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Walmart, sporting goods stores, or just about any business that is started by folks with a passion for (whatever) eventually gets sold to some BigCorp and run by rootless cosmopolitans with an MBA who have no heart or passion for the original venture.

And then sold off to vampire capitalist venture capital pirates who loot and rape it.

If it is a sporting goods chain, it will morph into a sporting CLOTHING chain because the hand-rubbing bean-counters know f-all about guns or playing sports or gear. Heck, they HATE the people who do. But they do have contacts in the garment district, so lets devote 90% of floor space to sporty-ish clothes from China-stan and put a few items used for sport along the walls. (Any number of sporting goods chains)

If it is a firearms manufacturer, they will have it take on a mountain of debt, cash out for themselves, and then kick the raped and eviscerated corpse of a company on to the market (Remington).

Walmart is more amenable to globohomo capitalist shenanigans given its generalist department store nature, but we saw how its heart was murdered after the Waltons took their payout and hired the usual suspects from NYC to run it while the surviving Waltons live lives of dissipation. Part of that heart was providing flyover folks with stuff flyover folks like to buy. Like guns and made in America items.

Best and most accurate post of the day.......

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
The same mee and pee paw shops that use the same distributors in the area as the shops around town that have ammo and guns???

Mee maw and pee paw playing da game...........

jar Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
fugh em !!! I have not been in a walmart for 7 yrs ! dont intend to ever go in there again ! they do nothing but ruin every neighborhood they bust into. on top of driving out every mom and pop shop around just cause the great american dumbazzez are too stupid to support american companies. so lets just get all our chit in a tangled mess out on the coast so everyone can fret and waite for their china crap to get here !!! and then the trash moves in around them cause walmarts is easy pickens . jmho!

teach your children well , ride hard, shoot straight, be involved!
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Our Walmarts haven't had much for a year or two. If they do occasionally have a box of ammo you Hage to look all over for an employee that then has to look all over for a different employee that had the keys. Always seems to take at least 30 minutes which isn't worth the wait fir a 3 box limit.

I miss the old days when they occasionally marked down guns and then you had to fight with the staff to get one. I still have s new 11-87 12 gauge I got on a clearance about 3 years ago. I should have put it on gun broker last winter when they were selling well.

Bb

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Wal-Mart has handled their firearms business in odd ways over the years.

They have sold Weatherbys, closed them out, brought them back, and closed them out again.

In 2016 WM closed out Ruger Americans for under $200. In 2018 basic Weatherby Vanguards were closed out for under $200 in some places, $250 around Omaha. In 2020 they closed out their Savage Edges for as little as $125 in some places. I bought 2 of them 'cause the price was so low.

WM has moveda huge volume of rifle and shotgun ammo over the years and although they don't have much ammo on their shelves, they have bumped the prices on Winchester centerfire ammo by between $5 and $10 per box of 20 rounds. Just last week I noticed that Winchester Deerseason XP 30-06 was selling for $29 per box of 20 rounds, up from around $22 a years or so ago. As long as they can make a profit and keep their investors happy, I doubt that they will stop selling ammo and accessories in fly over country.

Fed auto match .22 325 rds went from 18.97 to 21.47 last week here.
Not just walmart but everywhere ammo is inching up again.
Went down mar to early aug.
Joey,s little Russian import ban driving up schit again across all ammo markets.

Honk for Joey....

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by akasparky

What's a twink?

Western_Juniper

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by abbydog
Talked to a dealer in Vermont on Saturday re: ammo and he mentioned that a box of walmart ammo has a WM on it vs other ammo does not. He claims it’s made slightly cheaper than everywhere else. Interesting comment. I never bought any.

A lot of things that WM sells are made to WM's specs, but I don't believe that U.S. ammunition manufacturers would go to the trouble/expense of changing over produciton lines to make a differentiated product specifically for WM. WM is notoriously difficult for manufacturers to work with, because they want manufacturers to cut their wholesale prices nearly every year. The problem for manufacturers is that they let WM become such a large buyer of their products that loss of the WM accounts would cause them major financial problems, so they dance to WM''s tune.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by gregintenn
I couldn’t tell you what WalMart sells. I barely remember what the inside of one looks like.

Plus 1

Fuch Walmart.

"There's no schadenfreude like Hillary Clinton schadenfreude."
- Tamara Keel
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Walmart was given essential status privileges and most of their competition forced out of business last year. They made record profits along with limp wristed jeffrie bozos.

May those corporations go out of business and brick/mortar stores reopen next year.

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 10/18/21.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Funny how things change. Used to be a Whatamart regular for groceries, garden stuff, small hardware. Been in one once since the Plague began and walked right back out because they didn’t have the garden stuff I needed at the peak of the season. Looking back, I realize what a giant time-waster shopping in that store was. Too big to shop efficiently, constantly moving stuff around so I had to search for it, and then the long checkout lines. “Associates” huddled up here and there goofing off, and blocking aisles. The sporting goods department was ill-stocked and understaffed. Their online store is the worst. Half the stuff isn’t even theirs, and the search is just awful.

No plans to go back.

What fresh Hell is this?
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
696 members (160user, 117LBS, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 76 invisible), 2,693 guests, and 1,309 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,688
Posts18,399,798
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.