B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Swifty52
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by leomort
@bsa1917hunter,

Thank you for your reply! I seen the prices of CCI BR4 during these shortages and I'll be looking at those other alternative you listed, lol!

Ha ha. I fully understand. From what I've seen, the CCI 450's are very similar to the 7.5's and BR4. There are charts you can check out online, but those 3 are very similar. I've heard some shops are getting in some small amounts of sr primers. Here locally Sportsman's has been getting in small shipments, but if you are a working guy like some of us here, it's damn near impossible to get your hands on any of those. I feel for the guys that are not stocked up and needing them... Good luck with finding what you need. Eventually we will be seeing more and more, but that is going to take some time..

Yes the 3 are similar however, I quit buying BR2 and BR4 when the price jumped from 36 bucks a thousand to 54.95 a thousand. Standard CCI’s, GMM and REM 7 1/2’s gave just as good if not better results than the BR’s for 20-25 bucks cheaper. CCI priced them out of the market years ago.

Originally Posted by Swifty52
Just picked up 5 cases of primers yesterday. CCI’s, REM 7 1/2, GMM.

Rearranged my reloading stash. Picked em up and moved them to a different spot. 😀

Geez, you were busy. You better sit down and have a break...

Had too, didn’t want to. It was easier than getting ready for the new flooring going down.

ha ha.. I totally understand the price thing. Luckily for me, most of my benchrest primers have came to me at good/great deals. About 5 months ago I had a buddy sell me 3 bricks of BR2's for $30.00/brick. The last BR4's I bought 5 bricks for about the same price a few years ago. Those have worked very well for my AR's. If a guy can get by with the slightly thinner cup, the CCI 400's work very well too and they aren't ridiculously priced. At least in the past they were reasonable.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well bud if you get em cheap cool, but have absolutely no reason to load for any AR as PSA was selling ammo dirt cheap 24 cents for 55’s after rebate and 29 cents for 62’s after rebate for a couple years. My UPS guy about sh*t delivering 4 cases of 1000 on the same day. I couldn’t load em for that, plus I’m not an AR guy. AR shoots minute of yote at 300 it’s all good.
My Oehler 35P proved that the BR series we’re absolutely not worth the price. Didn’t offer any better accuracy, ES/SD or velocity over a standard CCI large or small. Just hype.

Swifty
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I bought some at Scheels in Rapid City for the same price Ingwe paid earlier this year. I bought 1000 Gold Medal 210s last week for 79.99 as well. I really would prefer 215s but have used the 210 with good results in the past in my 7RM. I haven’t seen 215’s or mags of any type. I have about 500 of them left.

Last edited by TakeEm; 10/20/21.

Isaiah 6:8

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
and I just kept buying right along, under the Trump Administration when things were available...just stocking up at the time...

I've got plenty of primers... and most were bought when Trump was in office at $20 to $22 a brick....

did most guys think we'd never see another DemocRat in the White House?

I feel for you guys, but am glad I kept doing what I was doing when it was available and cheap.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
I did the same…

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Me too. I am always surprised at the number of folks who didn't and are now complaining about not being able to find any or having to pay scalper prices.

For anyone not familiar with it - Aesop fable: The Ant and The Grasshopper

http://read.gov/aesop/052.html

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
The only things I'm out of are things I didn't anticipate needing .. types of primers used in cartridges I thought I was done with so I let my stock go to zero. At the same time, it has left me with a decent supply of things I don't need which I could trade if I could find the right person locally who needs them. Well, it is what it is. I'm set to go for the things I knew I needed.

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Rem 7 1/2s are the hottest SR primer. So, in large capacity loads like 450 BM, velocity might drop with other primers.

They are still made and used in factory ammo. When they will be available is a guess at best. I'd say 2023, being optimistic.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Seafire
and I just kept buying right along, under the Trump Administration when things were available...just stocking up at the time...

I've got plenty of primers... and most were bought when Trump was in office at $20 to $22 a brick.....

I kept buying right along as well, when I bought primers for $20 to $22 a brick though was during the Reagan Administration. they were never that cheap in my area during the Trump era.

Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z
Originally Posted by T_O_M
The only things I'm out of are things I didn't anticipate needing .. types of primers used in cartridges I thought I was done with so I let my stock go to zero. At the same time, it has left me with a decent supply of things I don't need which I could trade if I could find the right person locally who needs them. Well, it is what it is. I'm set to go for the things I knew I needed.

Same. Primers for newly acquired cartridges are all I'm short on... and 300 Savage brass because one of my 99s was a brass eater. Got that rifle rebarreled, so that issue is solved. Everything else I am good to go for a long time.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
passed on BR-4s @ $139.90/brick today..
witnessed a few buyers while I was there.. I instead opted for a few things out of the bargin bin...

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "
V
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
V
Local dealer got in a bunch of Cheddite 209 Shotgun Primers a week or so back. At $89.95 he can keep them a while longer.
A month or so back I bought a couple bricks for $50. Someone in the middle is getting well selling them higher than they need to be.

Bob R

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Fleet Farm has CCI sr br for $9.99 a hundred, I bought some but I laughed .

I would have got him too but a Dad Blam snow flake hit me in da eye....
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by doubleDs55

Did it tickle the sphincter?

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by doubleDs55

Did it tickle the sphincter?

Still does, stupid I thought. Then I see people paying $14-15.00, thats funnier yet !

I would have got him too but a Dad Blam snow flake hit me in da eye....
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
361 members (160user, 257 mag, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 2UP, 40 invisible), 2,041 guests, and 901 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,593
Posts18,397,962
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.