-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Watched my nephew's daughter play soccer a few years back. They'd run around for 5 minutes and stop and drink water. Very odd. Truly raising snowflakes.

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Warm/hot weather I always have a cooler full of cold water. Stainless jugs, refill in the evening, leave in fridge overnight.

I drink a lot of water and hate to be thirsty.

Obviously if I worked in town it would be a non-issue.

Call me fuuckin' Aquaman....lol

As we speak bruh...

#toiling

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

Last edited by SamOlson; 10/18/21.
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
I carry a gallon in my wife's car, 3 gallons in the Tacoma and 5 gallons in the Tundra plus some water in bottles.

Hunting Eastern Oregon, I carry at least one quart and have some empty Platy bottles to fill up if I want more. In western Oregon I carry a platy and a filter straw.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
I always have a couple flax water bags draped across the bumper of the ol Desoto…..

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I drink a lot of water and always have bottled water close by if not in hand. Staying properly hydrated is not the mark of a snowflake it’s just smart. 😉

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
One of my pet peeves. My wife and sons can't do a ten minute car ride without bringing at least one beverage.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OldHat
I won't drink outside water sources with out treatment, unless I can immediately trace the source. Giardia, ag runoff, and septic seepage don't agree with me.

There’s an artesian well on the main road to town.

Always a colored there filling up gallon jugs of water.

White folks get water for their fishing minnows. Says it keeps em alive longer.

Free flowin. Guess it’s been there since moby dick was a minnow.

Got s funky smell, tastes good though. Just like the lord made it.

Everybody on this side the county got water from it after Katrina. Nobody at the rural water service was smart enough to put gensets at Wells and towers.

I drink water from the faucet at work. Fill up the community orange cooler. Ask even ask who fills it up. Prolly better that way.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
Refuse to go on a golf cart ride around the neighborhood without my tumbler with 1 or 2 beers in it. Water? Hell no! cool

3825 24336
E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
It’s all that cheap Chinese feed every body crazy about throwing the soy sauce on it loaded with sodium

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
If God wanted us to drink water, he wouldn’t have gave us beer.

IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

yes

bring Xtra water for UR self............

and

of course UR ride back home

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
Originally Posted by AZmark
In the Arizona desert its always a good idea to have some water on hand.

Brother, you ain't kidding! Same in the California deserts. The Mojave desert, Death Valley, etc., are very unforgiving of ignorant people who wander around out in that harsh country. smile

L.W.

depending on where i am going in the desert, i sometimes have ten gallons of drinking water in the truck.
my wife cleaned out the truck the other day, and switching out five or so or those military two quart flex canteens.
a gallon of water is about 7-8 pounds, if you are stuck out 20miles or so you burn through it pretty quick. sorry to say i have been
in those situations, i carry a lot of water.
the other part is much of the state in the desert is considered to have hard water, just real special on your kidneys.
living in north central arizona most of my life, we use to transport drinking water with us when visiting phoenix. no kidney stones that way.
a rule of thumb is if you are not peeing regularly in the heat, you ain't drinking enough, it should be semi clear pee, too.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
Originally Posted by AZmark
In the Arizona desert its always a good idea to have some water on hand.

Brother, you ain't kidding! Same in the California deserts. The Mojave desert, Death Valley, etc., are very unforgiving of ignorant people who wander around out in that harsh country. :)L.W.

Always carry drinking water whether in the truck, on the gator, on horseback or walking. You can wash up at the stock tanks but an ice chest full of drinking water is never a bad thing to have. Broke down in the gator once, about two miles from the truck. Had to walk back and my black lab never would have made it without water. Had to walk on the shady side of the wash and stop every 100 yards per so. He got pretty hot.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by TheKid
I always have a couple flax water bags draped across the bumper of the ol Desoto…..

when i worked for the state highway department as a kid, we were issued those bags to hang on the front of the work truck before we headed out on the desert. i drained one or more just about every day

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by slumlord

I never have felt the need to tote a 1- quart Nalgene or steel thermos of water every.

****unless, I was trail hiking more than a few miles***

Might shove a mtn dew bottle or nestle water bottle in my back pocket while in a plowed field for a few hours.

Reason I ask: I see people and have for last few years go everywhere with a metal cylinder of liquid. Seems stupid, like a pacifier for a baby. College campus have water fountain in every bldg.
otherwise can humans not go 2 hours without having a sip of something? Catfish live longer than that without water.

When I worked, we had people that always had a mug of coffee or a bottle of pop anywhere they went. I never understood how anybody could drink that much of anything. My girls always have a water bottle, just like you mentioned, but I have to admit it's better than other things they could be hooked on. I think it started as a symbol of caring about the environment by not using plastic, and then became a habit for many.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

#dontseethisinthecity

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
There is still plenty time for

“Lemme tell u sompthin mister, I do concrete work”

Blah blah blah fuggin blah

This has to do with college kids and metal water bottles and them being in purely climate controlled environments

Has nothing to do with someone dropping out of homeschool in 8th grade having to lay blocks and making a living by the sweat of their brow.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
lmao

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I always make sure I have a daily water source in a variety of containers. It seems I go thru a lot of water jugs as they get banged up in the farming and logging equipment.

I am especially fond of the spring water on the farm. Hardly any taste to it and safe as I have it tested yearly. Some of the neighbors come by and fill up containers. [Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

589 members (10gaugemag, 10GaugeKS, 1Longbow, 257 roberts, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 63 invisible), 2,172 guests, and 1,306 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,286
Posts18,448,796
Members73,900
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.