Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Youngsters be saving the planet from disposable plastic.

BP-B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by jackmountain
If God wanted us to drink water, he wouldn’t have gave us beer.

You truly are a wise man. You should write a book.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by roundoak
I always make sure I have a daily water source in a variety of containers. It seems I go thru a lot of water jugs as they get banged up in the farming and logging equipment.

I am especially fond of the spring water on the farm. Hardly any taste to it and safe as I have it tested yearly. Some of the neighbors come by and fill up containers. [Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

That makes me thirsty!

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
You wonder how in the world the early pioneers made it across the big western areas. They must of got used to drinking some pretty bad water!

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by slumlord
There is still plenty time for

“Lemme tell u sompthin mister, I do concrete work”

Blah blah blah fuggin blah

This has to do with college kids and metal water bottles and them being in purely climate controlled environments

Has nothing to do with someone dropping out of homeschool in 8th grade having to lay blocks and making a living by the sweat of their brow.

This is the campfire. There is no telling where the conversations may go.

IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Worked on a farm in high school. We had one of those big yellow igloo water cans with a big block of ice in it.
And one tin cup. and everybody - white, black, mexican, texican - drank out of that one cup. You'd think today's snowflakes would embrace such an "inclusive" concept.
But I seriously doubt it.

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by JeffyD
Worked on a farm in high school. We had one of those big yellow igloo water cans with a big block of ice in it.
And one tin cup. and everybody - white, black, mexican, texican - drank out of that one cup. You'd think today's snowflakes would embrace such an "inclusive" concept.

Must have been pre-COVID.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
Wish I could figure out how to leave it in my truck in the winter and not have it freeze.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Water?

Never drink the stuff.

X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
I have a couple big metal insulated water containers but I keep them at work or in the truck when hunting. The wife can't go anywhere without water though, feels parched if she doesn't have a drink every 15 minutes seems like.

I think there's a couple reasons for the popularity, especially among women. One was already mentioned, saving the planet nonsense. Second is fitness/excercise virtue signaling...they figure if they wear leggings and carry a water bottle, people will assume they are on their way to/from the gym and are like,all super healthy and stuff. I think the yoga craze started that.

Also, people (again mostly women) heard that you needed to drink 8-10 glasses of water a day, and I'm pretty sure someone said it would make you skinny. 9 out of 10 women would eat white dogsheitt if someone told them it would make them skinny. The rest is fashion- its fashionable to carry a water container (set to change in type and color, just like clothes) and god forbid your average female is missing an essential fashion accessory. I think that covers it.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by xxclaro
9 out of 10 women would eat white dogsheitt if someone told them it would make them skinny. The rest is fashion- its fashionable to carry a water container (set to change in type and color, just like clothes) and god forbid your average female is missing an essential fashion accessory. I think that covers it.

Lock the thread no further discussion necessary. xxclaro has hammered this one square on the head!

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
i think the average guy needs about a gallon to a gallon and a half per day in arizona in the summer in the heat just to maintainl you work it out if you are 20miles out in the desert.
i have some gallon antifreeze jugs sporting a hand weaved coverings some of the wetbacks were using to cross the line. hey they worked, didn't find any skeletons.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by OldHat
You wonder how in the world the early pioneers made it across the big western areas. They must of got used to drinking some pretty bad water!

A lot of them died of dysentery, too. Bad water will do that to a feller. wink

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by JeffyD

You watched cool hand Luke on AMC last night and just made that scheit up. Admit it.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I’ll admit, the wife keeps a couple dasani’s and a couple Gatorade’s in the refrigerated console in the land cruiser. She explicitly told me no beer in there though. Soooo [bleep] hateful sometimes.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Didn't read the whole thread, but a more pertinent question than that posed by the OP could be, why is Slummy snapping pics of college gals without their knowledge? Creeper....😂

I am in Montana as we speak. If I understand it correctly, it’s ok that I have a five gallon Igloo of ice water in the back of the Jeep, right? At least as long as I am in Montana?

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Yes

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
But you dont need thirst quinchment while sitting in Art class like Pikachu girl
A grand total of 50 minutes before you could get to a water fountain.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Picka whatever gal got bigger problems than dehydration. She got some dude in a crown vic putting her picture on the innanets. And she ain’t gettin’ paid. Her situational awareness must be schit...😂

For the record, I agree with you.

Last edited by OldGrayWolf; 10/18/21.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Just hangin out at campus

The high schools are out on fall break.

This is the only game right now

Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
118 members (338reddog, 10gaugemag, 300_savage, 18 invisible), 1,356 guests, and 694 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,588
Posts18,397,851
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.