Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by Bluumoon
Lost faith in Leupolds, moving most of my optics to SWFA. If $ allowed I'd add some NF

I would hate to think as an American that I'd lost faith in a great American company like Leupold.

Finish selling your soul to the Asian Mongols.

BP-B2

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by gunner500
Nightforce.

2.5-10x24
2.5-10 Compact
5.5-22 from back in the day, saw em take some pretty solid licks, they never done anything but lie there bolted on ready to go to work for you! cool

Who.gives a Nightforce scope "licks" ?

That Philippine made crap will break too if you mistrreat it.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
To be fair, expectations of riflescopes have grown vastly in the past 30 years. Back then holding zero and not fogging up where pretty much all anyone expected. Then the optics got better, and consumers did, or pretended to do, more long range work.

I do not entertain hypotheticals. The world itself is vexing enough. -- Col. Stonehill
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
So far I haven't broken a NF or Bushnell Elite Tactical scope, but then again I haven't owned many of them and haven't put them on hard kickers yet.

I have used quite a few SWFA's, and they're great values but I've had two break. One was a fixed 6x on a 7 mag, the other was a 1-4 on an AR. Both were replaced quickly with no questions asked by SWFA.

On the cheaper end of the spectrum, I had an old Burris Fullfield 3-9 that took a lot of abuse. It didn't track great during sight ins but once zeroed it did hold zero very well.

Jordan's suggestion is a good one.

"The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that lightening ain't distributed right." - Mark Twain
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by LFC
Lost faith in Leupolds, moving most of my optics to SWFA. If $ allowed I'd add some NF

I would hate to think as an American that I'd lost faith in a great American company like Leupold.

I like buying American and I work to do so whenever I can. But I don't care for companies wrapping themselves in an American flag just to carry favor with a certain cohort of customers. They also need to deliver a superior or at least comparable product.

Your ire and derision towards people who've moved on from Leupold is misplaced. I can't speak for everyone who doesn't buy Leupold but used to at one time, but after having more than a few go south, I felt like a good ole American company gave up on the consumer, not the other way around. They owned a huge the market share for decades. They rested on their laurels while the industry evolved and expectations changed. In short, they left the door open as little known marketing companies who don't produce anything stole market share and became big names. Now they pull at heart strings of working Americans while peddling the same internals as Asiatic scopes in a gold ringed package.

I sincerely do hope that they get the ship righted and that I start reading reviews of how tough and reliable their current offerings are. I would love to go back to supporting them.

IC B2

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
The Asian scope manufacturer has stolen every design they peddle...the price point on Asian made scopes should be nickles on the dollar.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by LFC
Nightforce.

2.5-10x24
2.5-10 Compact
5.5-22 from back in the day, saw em take some pretty solid licks, they never done anything but lie there bolted on ready to go to work for you! cool

Probably someone who uses their schidt in the field vs. letting it sit in the closet . Nightforce isn’t made in Phillipines

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by LFC

Leupolds are mechanically poor. Just a fact

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
On a budget, Burris.
No budget, NF i would say.

God, Family, and Guns. Be strong in your beliefs and work hard.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Toughest? I have Swaro, Trijicon, and Zeiss on rifles, but they never been thru the beating I've given a Burris. My FFII has been dropped from a treestand, fell off swamp buggys, ATV's and still held zero. So hands on experience my vote goes to Burris 3-9x40.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by slg888
Toughest? I have Swaro, Trijicon, and Zeiss on rifles, but they never been thru the beating I've given a Burris. My FFII has been dropped from a treestand, fell off swamp buggys, ATV's and still held zero. So hands on experience my vote goes to Burris 3-9x40.

Your ass is itchy.... LOL!!!

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by 300MAG

Harshest test 300MAG puts his scopes thru is setting them on dining room table to take a pic for 24hr classifieds one week after purchasing. Lol

What’s up Jeffrey! been awhile, I still lurk around here or post once a month.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Harshest test 300MAG puts his scopes thru is setting them on dining room table to take a pic for 24hr classifieds one week after purchasing. Lol

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 300MAG

What’s up Jeffrey! been awhile, I still lurk around here or post once a month.

LOL.....I was expecting a good reply!! I'm ok....just got over a month with Covid...it was scary schit!!

Hope you are good buddy....stay in touch.

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by BobBrown
Originally Posted by LFC
Nightforce.

2.5-10x24
2.5-10 Compact

Probably someone who uses their schidt in the field vs. letting it sit in the closet . Nightforce isn’t made in Phillipines

Sorry Bob....how many islands I miss it by ?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have owned the following and used them enough to consider them tough:
Burris FFII line
Burris signature select with the posi-lock
Older Leupold variables and fixed powers. Vari-X III -VXIII, FXII both the 4x and 6x36mm never used the FX3 6x42 enough to have a good opinion.

Bushnel Banner 1.5-4 used on several Big Bore Marlins over the years. At $80 I thought they were a joke but good enough glass and held up to years on 45/70s

Super chickens

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Older Bushnell 4200 Elites were 1 piece tubes composed of titanium. I’m not saying they were nightforce tough but they were tougher than any of the Leupold scopes of the time. Feel free to trash me as I’m into my 2nd Manhattan and just don’t care.

Help keep our sport going. take a kid outdoors!
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by 1234
nightforce
> even a seal sniper proved Nightforce is the toughest scope , this sniper kept using his Nightforce scope even with a bullet from a enemy sniper in his scope and the Nightforce scope still held zero .

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by pete53
nightforce
> even a seal sniper proved Nightforce is the toughest scope , this sniper kept using his Nightforce scope even with a bullet from a enemy sniper in his scope and the Nightforce scope still held zero .

It’s an impressive (if overused) story, no doubt, but there was a lot of luck involved. If the enemy bullet had hit the erector assembly, the story would’t have ended so climactically.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Originally Posted by pete53
nightforce

It’s an impressive (if overused) story, no doubt, but there was a lot of luck involved. If the enemy bullet had hit the erector assembly, the story would’t have ended so climactically.

Many years ago now, a young soldier was about to deploy to Iraq out of Fort Hood. His issued Leupold Mark IV was not working correctly (typical) and there were no spare scopes to issue him days before deployment.

I lent him a Nightforce NXS 5.5-22 off my backup rifle to take with him. He was worried about damaging it, but I told him use it and just bring it back.

While deployed, he was in a vehicle that was hit by an IED. The vehicle rolled over and he landed on his rifle so hard it bent where the barrel goes into into the receiver. He was treated and released to return duties a few days later. He had the armorer put the Nightforce on a replacement rifle and it worked fine for the rest of his deployment.

When he made it back, he returned the scope as promised, but asked if he could buy it. Of course I agreed. That convinced me of Nightforce’s durability.

Brands that have broken on me with just use hunting and target shooting are Leupold, Redfield, Zeiss, USO, Nikon, and maybe forgetting a few.

Never had a Nightforce break despite far more rounds fired than all the others added together. Nightforce is all I will buy now. Been using the NXS Compact 2.5-10x42 the most the last few years, but still use my big NXS and liking the NX8 a lot.

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
277 members (1minute, 204guy, 257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 280shooter, 29aholic, 39 invisible), 2,165 guests, and 982 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,726
Posts18,400,633
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.