Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I hope they stop selling guns and ammo

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Guarantee they won’t stop selling Chinese crap.

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Within the last month I have purchased two guns for a heck of a lot less from Walmart then you could get at a dealer within 50 miles of me. A Savage A22 lr. One of the most accurate 22’s I own and a Henry h001 just as good as they sale at high dollar gun shops!
Savage was $224 and the Henry was $278

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
WGAF

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Buck720
Within the last month I have purchased two guns for a heck of a lot less from Walmart then you could get at a dealer within 50 miles of me. A Savage A22 lr. One of the most accurate 22’s I own and a Henry h001 just as good as they sale at high dollar gun shops!
Savage was $224 and the Henry was $278

We all like good deals like that.
Just keep in mind that they were pioneers at destroying the american business economy and placing the industries here into the hands of communist billionaires. Slavery provides our cheap goods from commie labor.

IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by flintlocke
If true...GOOD!
LGS 100%, and I'll gladly pay the difference.

Concur

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
It’s good for a poor guy like me I can’t afford those $1500 and $2000 guns like you guys buy! Small town lgs’s try to rip you a new one like bend over and take it dry kind of thing!

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by gregintenn
I couldn’t tell you what WalMart sells. I barely remember what the inside of one looks like.

Right

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Prices got ridiculous the past year. I'm not judging you for the good deal. Just passing along to the younger generation what some older have seen when there were half a dozen or more competing shops around town and good paying jobs out of high school.

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Back when Sam Walton was alive he was still doing mostly made in America products. Then his kids got ahold of it and now it is exactly what you said!

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Buck720
Back when Sam Walton was alive he was still doing mostly made in America products. Then his kids got ahold of it and now it is exactly what you said!

Things Sure have changed since then.
Those 22s were a great deal and ammo affordable.
Maybe your 22 is featured on this guy's channel. It's pretty entertaining.

[video:youtube]https://m.youtube.com/c/22plinkster/search?query=Savage%2022[/video]

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 10/18/21.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Glad I got all I want/need

I won’t step foot in some Meemaw rip off joint. Not when their fat ass retard son and daughter in laws were buying up all the ammo in Walmart.

Then selling it to fools for triple markup

Haha, “it’s so worth it, I’d suck Meemaw’s clit just so could support local business”

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I haven't been in a Wal-Mart since the last ammo shortage. Gave up on them when they never had 22 rimfire ammo. Used to buy the Federal bulk packs of 500 for $6 back in the '90's. Wal-Mart sold mostly made in the USA products back then.

God Bless America
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Walmart isn't the problem. If the Supreme Court upholds the 2nd Amendment for all 50 States, they'll get right back into it without missing a beat. The problem is the Corporate dicks at Vista Outdoors don't believe in the 2nd Amendment themselves and they're irritated that Americans want to buy ammunition and primers. Just listen to Jason Vanderprick last year complaining that he's tired of getting hate mail.

A pro-2A ammunition company would be ramping up production capacity for as many as 20 to 30 million new gun owners and backing 50-State Constitutional carry all the way. Instead, they've been adding zero capacity through one of the longest and most severe shortages in history. They know there is no competition and they can take as long as they want just to fill the backlog. The President of Federal/Speer/CCI division comes on his Youtube channel to say, "I'm tired."

Even if a foreign competitor were to begin to gain market share, they'd just lobby to have the liberal administration expand the ban of imports so they can continue to suppress the market. I'd rather buy Chinese primers than primers from the domestic Communists.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Haven't been in a Chinamart for years. Didn't know they still sold guns or ammo.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Never liked going to Wal-Martinez.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Be careful what you wish for. Guns were once "mainstream commerce" in America.

All those nationwide chains mentioned previously, like Sears, JC Penney, Montgomery Ward, Kmart, Western Auto and many more, once sold firearms, ammo and hunting gear. All quit selling firearms and ammo years ago.

Few of them remain in business. Our last area Sears is closing this fall. Boscov's is a fairly big chain here in PA, that once sold firearms and hunting gear. They dropped them years ago and nearly went bankrupt within a few years. Their aging founder came out of retirement to save the chain. I haven't spent a dime in one since they dropped firearms.

Point is, the less "mainstream" firearms become, the more likelihood that the demise of the ownership of firearms will continue to exist over the long haul. The Left continues to succeed in vilifying guns, to the point that major retailers have abandoned them as products they wish to identify with.

Never bought a firearm from Walmart. Most of my guns were bought from LGS operations and private sales. Have bought one helluva lot of ammo from Walmart, based on price and selection. Our local Wally's still has firearms in the cases. Ammo, not so much lately?

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by dubePA
Be careful what you wish for. Guns were once "mainstream commerce" in America.

All those nationwide chains mentioned previously, like Sears, JC Penney, Montgomery Ward, Kmart, Western Auto and many more, once sold firearms, ammo and hunting gear. All quit selling firearms and ammo years ago.

Few of them remain in business. Our last area Sears is closing this fall. Boscov's is a fairly big chain here in PA, that once sold firearms and hunting gear. They dropped them years ago and nearly went bankrupt within a few years. Their aging founder came out of retirement to save the chain. I haven't spent a dime in one since they dropped firearms.

Point is, the less "mainstream" firearms become, the more likelihood that the demise of the ownership of firearms will continue to exist over the long haul. The Left continues to succeed in vilifying guns, to the point that major retailers have abandoned them as products they wish to identify with.

Never bought a firearm from Walmart. Most of my guns were bought from LGS operations and private sales. Have bought one helluva lot of ammo from Walmart, based on price and selection. Our local Wally's still has firearms in the cases. Ammo, not so much lately?

So you want Walmart to continue to sell firearms but don't shop there or buy their inventory to support your idea.

This is a uniquely American internet position.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Wrapids
I sorely wish there were options to Walmutt for just about anything. But don't hold your breath.

In WI they'd be Fleet/Farm, Walgreens, Woodmans, and Scheels. They're all closer to me than Wal-mart, and while Woodmans is even more ghetto, they're food selection is way better.

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Originally Posted by abbydog
Talked to a dealer in Vermont on Saturday re: ammo and he mentioned that a box of walmart ammo has a WM on it vs other ammo does not. He claims it’s made slightly cheaper than everywhere else. Interesting comment. I never bought any.

A lot of things that WM sells are made to WM's specs, but I don't believe that U.S. ammunition manufacturers would go to the trouble/expense of changing over produciton lines to make a differentiate product specifically for WM. WM is notoriously difficult for manufacturers to work with, because they want manufacturers to cut their wholesale prices nearly every year. The problem for manufacturers is that they let WM become such a large buyer of their products that loss of the WM accounts would cause them major financial problems, so they dance to WM''s tune.
The only one that I'm aware of is the Federal shotshells that come in a maroon box, rather than blue. I don't think anything is different except for the packaging.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

415 members (12344mag, 160user, 17CalFan, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 36 invisible), 1,958 guests, and 1,069 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,603
Posts18,454,726
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.