Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by SandBilly

Who do you work for? Dairyland? You’re a joke

State specific laws vary but you’re talking completely out your ass.

Whatever. You're demeanor alone suggests you're as unhinged as your advice.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 10Glocks
Originally Posted by SandBilly
Adjusters also call salvage companies to get salvage quotes to decide total loss claims. You probably didn’t know that either.

They also call dealers on cars with salvaged titles to determine value.

They don't call them to "decide" total loss claims.

With an insurance-company-retained total loss, the salvage amount isn't even known until after the vehicle is sold at auction, which is usually long after the total loss itself has been settled with the owner. The only time a salvage value is obtained prior a total loss claim being settled is if the car is owner-retained. And only after the value has already been determined. That's so the salvage value can be subtracted from the insurer-retained value. Some states require guaranteed bids from salvage yards, others just bids. But every state requires all insurers to determine total loss values in that state the same way. And every state I know of its based on a CCC Valuation report that takes into consideration every option on the car, condition of most components, mileage, and a comparison to verifiable comparable vehicles that are actually for sale in that economic area. That's called a Market Survey.

I hold adjusting licenses in Texas, North Carolina and Delaware. I handle claims in those states, plus Virginia, Maryland, West Virginia, DC, Alabama and Germany.

Eh, I’m not arguing with you, you’re right about a couple things but wrong about most. Unless it’s dairyland.

If you’re telling me you hold adjusting licenses in several states that tells me you’re an independent, you asses damage only, they do the rest. So, the fact is you don’t have a clue how they settle it.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

If you’re telling me you hold adjusting licenses in several states that tells me you’re an independent, you asses damage only, they do the rest. So, the fact is you don’t have a clue how they settle it.

Anyone ever see or talk to someone and immediately know they're full of [bleep]? Kinda like the stolen valor guys. You know.

Sandbilly is an adjuster the same way this guy is a USAF Airborne Ranger Seal.

[Linked Image from sp-ao.shortpixel.ai]

Listen to Sandbilly at your own peril. I'm out. You decide who is right.

To the OP, if you want to IM me, I'll be happy to talk to you.

Last edited by 10Glocks; 10/18/21.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 10Glocks

Anyone ever see or talk to someone and immediately know they're full of [bleep]? Kinda like the stolen valor guys. You know.

Sandbilly is an adjuster the same way this guy is a USAF Airborne Ranger Seal.

[Linked Image from sp-ao.shortpixel.ai]

Listen to Sandbilly at your own peril.

To the OP, if you want to IM me, I'll be happy to talk to you.

Put a lot of thought in that deflection. Lmao

I’ll take that as you’re an independent.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
10Glocks, my loss is in TX. Since you have 30 yrs experience you should be able to give me a $$ range that is reasonable for my expectations shouldn't you?

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Upon assertion of a Diminution In Value (DIV) claim, an insurer will likely send you a DIV questionnaire asking some questions about your claim. They'll want to know:

Year Make Model of your vehicle
VIN
Mileage
Accurate description of the damage sustained in the accident along with a copy of the repair estimate (they should have that)
Where you had it repaired (one of their recommended shops, or your own shop of choice)
Whether or not the repairs are actually complete
Accident history

They'll have most, if not all, of this information already, but they'll want you to reassert it on a DIV claim form.

They will also look at:
Vehicle overall condition

They'll verify if you had/have:
Any previous repairs
Whether or not you have a branded title

Understand that insurers have access to databases that only insurers have access to that gives them a rather detailed histories on your car and your own claim history. So be honest, insurers verify whatever you tell them. Their information if far more detailed than any Carfax you've ever seen.

If you want to send me the information via IM, I'll be happy to look at it and give you an idea. What I can't do is run any information through my own company's systems. I can only do that for claims I am actually handling, but can't use them to do favors for others. So, I'll trust whatever information you send me is accurate.

However, it might be easier to chat about it instead. I'd still be happy to talk to you and give you some proper expectations if you want. I'll tell you now that DIV offers are usually lower than what you'd expect, and many times, they are token offers simply because your vehicle has been in an accident. So, however you want to approach it.

Last edited by 10Glocks; 10/19/21.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by elkmtb
surprised they are offering this for a fender dent. normally for cars with frame or air bag deployments. Basically just what you said, compensating you for the value you would lose in the future when you sell or trade the car.

I think the idea is that once your vehicle hits carfax as having an "accident", it's not worth what the identical vehicle is that's clear.

This

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Boarmaster123
Originally Posted by JGRaider
surprised they are offering this for a fender dent. normally for cars with frame or air bag deployments. Basically just what you said, compensating you for the value you would lose in the future when you sell or trade the car.

I think the idea is that once your vehicle hits carfax as having an "accident", it's not worth what the identical vehicle is that's clear.

This

Maybe, maybe not.

The insurance world, and generally the courts, are interested in the affect on the private person-to-person retail sale value. The affect on trade in value is not considered. A car dealer taking the car on trade will use the accident to make a much reduced offer to you because they will want to maximize their profit when reselling it. But private buyers, who are buying the car at full retail, generally make much less of all this than a car dealer.

And some accidents can have zero affect on a vehicle's value. A car a few years old that is perfectly repaired with OEM parts because after-market or used parts aren't available, may actually be better than it was. Because it contains new OEM parts, not parts that are a few years old. There will be a zero affect on value.

Anyone who has a car repaired from an accident should save the estimate and photos in their maintenance file to show a prospective buyer in the future. Minor accident generally have a negligible impact on value. Major accidents, on the other hand, can impact values substantially. I've seen new GMC Yukons that were near total losses but still economically repairable get totaled out by the insurer becasue once the DIV claim would be considered, the payout would be more than the total loss threshold amount. But this doesn't sound like the OP's case.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hahaha! Super secret databases. You better take this high level, top secret CIA [bleep] to private messages. Lol

🤣

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Nothing "secret" about them. They just aren't accessible to me except through a claim.

https://www.verisk.com/insurance/ca...vices/information-from-the-iso-database/

https://www.lexisnexis.com/en-us/products/public-records.page

You haven't offered a single piece of correct or useable advice in this entire thread. All your advice should come with a tube of KY. You either aren't an adjuster, or you once were but were fired for incompetency. Because your advice in this thread has been nothing but incompetent. In fact, I've fired more competent people than you.

Last edited by 10Glocks; 10/19/21.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
That....

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
JG, Allstate and Progressive both do it the way I mentioned, Farmers may have their own way. The idea is to put you in pre-loss condition. Not lose money but not make money either.

If you have quotes from dealers that are substantial and not inline with what the carrier offers you can likely call the Texas state insurance commission and they will lean on the carrier to make it right without having out of pocket expense. Worth a try anyway,

Good luck, I’m out

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
a good reason I haven't owned a "new" vehicle since 1988.....

I trust Insurance companies as far as I can throw Texas....

after USAA totaled my 2008 Camry, that spent most of its life being towed by a motorhome, otherwise sitting in the garage waiting for its next trip..

they "totaled" due to falling acorn damage, because they set the cost of the repairs at $4500.. think hail damage here.

I took it to a place, that Bristoe looked up on line and sent me a link.... places that pop out dents with Dry Ice... that was less than $1000.00
nope they wanted to total it anyway.... car drives fine and looks fine, until you are standing right next to it....

So since last year, I've been dealing with the state of Oregon, who never sent me the title... and how F'up it is, hasn't gotten me the title yet for the last year, despite a letter a month to them.... the DMVs are closed due to Covid, and you call them, they tell you current wait time is from 1 to 3 hours... insurance company won't pay me until they get the title, which they call me every 10 days or so wanting to know where it is...so they can issue me a Salvage Title.... hell, I don't care.. because I run a car into the ground before I get rid of it anyway. my 4 Runner is an example of that...

its not the money... its the damn hassle.... you pay for good insurance and then when its time you need it, they always jerk you around and have full training classes on how to jerk the customer around, so they will eventually give up in frustration, or accept a cheaper settlement.

now Oregon won't renew the plates, because the Salvage title hasn't been issued, because they haven't sent me the original title to the car, so I can send it to the title adjustment company, so they can send it back to the state, to issue the car a Salvage title....no change in over a year. I just drive the car... if I get hauled into court by some cop, I'll put in front of the judge. I've been doing what I'm suppose to be doing... Oregon DMV hasn't....

There isn't a "Good" insurance company on the face of the planet... ripping off the customers as much as possible is the name of the game so that Big Level execs can get their annual 6 and 7 figure bonuses.....

Oregon DMV sucks....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 160user, 12344mag, 007FJ, 54 invisible), 2,821 guests, and 1,314 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,488
Posts18,452,058
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.