24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Guidefitter is an approved Leica vendor (and all Leica products they sell ship direct from Leica), ask me how I know…….. My 3200.coms came from there and had focus issues out of the box. Leica was easy to deal with, emailed me a prepaid label and had a new pair in my hand in 3 weeks tops. Weird that they are giving you the run around.

BP-B2

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Thanks for the info Mallard. I knew that Guidefitter was Leica approved, but didn't realize they actually direct shipped for Guidefitter. That makes the responses from Leica CS even more baffling. I told them they were NIB through the original buyer to me, then they started waffling. If the ladies there would have actually done what Hamilton did, trace the serial #, they would have instantly known I stated the facts correctly, as they're the one's that shipped it! They know it's new, never registered, and I haven't gotten the first phone call from any of them at Leica CS.

Smokepole, yes, that was my intention anyway, just an FYI as much as anything else. I'm not saying to buy or not buy Leica stuff, just to know what you could possibly be getting into. Still seems to me it's a hit and miss proposition. Obviously this was lost on poor ol' LJB.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
L
LJB Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Yep, missed the part where your acquaintance is an authorized Leica dealer. My bad.

V
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
V
Leica treated me well on a 10 or 12 year old set of binoculars that were dropped and had a lens loose inside one barrel. Took them a couple of months to get parts but they keep me informed and the only cost to me was shipping one way.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Personally, I think Leica should step up and repair/replace the unit on their dime. They know they have a DOA problem, and should own it.

"I told them they were NIB through the original buyer to me . . ." However, it does not sound to me like the rangefinder is NIB, but rather, an unopened box was purchased second hand. (if I am understanding the purchase history correctly). Leica can't control what happens to the unit after the original purchase, and so is reluctant to warranty the unit.

I bought a used pair of 8.5x42 EL Swarovski binos on ebay. A few years later, a new pup chewed up the rubber exterior. I sent them into Swaro telling them the binos were bought used, and the puppy chewing them was my fault, but to please fix them and send me the bill. Swaro repaired and did a complete refurbishment at no charge. Swaro gained a customer for life for that. Leica shouldn't be so short sighted, especially at the prices they charge.

JMHO

IC B2

W
WAM Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
All this is good to know. My Leica 1000-r rangefinder, Trinovid binos, and Visus riflescope have been without issues, but since I bought them from Doug, I fear not.

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I have both Swaro and Leica products and have had to deal with both companies in the past for service issues. Swarovski far exceeded Leica from a CS standpoint. Leica took too long to reply, was seemingly sterile to deal with, and seemed to have more nick nack fees. That was probably 5 years ago on Leica and recently as last year on Swaro. Has Leica really upped their game since or is it just talk?

I’m going to buy RF binos and Swarovski is the leader in the clubhouse simply due to their outstanding follow up with me. For what I need, the binos are similar so it comes down to the better company to deal with when their is an issue.

My 10x50 and current range finders are both Leica and they are great so this not Leica hate. Swar has just been great to deal with on other bino and scope issues.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I will stick with Swarovski, not even close based on my experiences.

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just my $.02

Leica customer service sucked before Jennine took over and totally turned their CS dept around and 3 years ago. She is amazing and has put together an excellent team.

For tech support (which is not customer service) Hamilton is off the charts great.

Will any company respond instantaneously to a customer service issue, probably not. Is 1 day a long time to wait for a reply? It is if you're expecting an instant reply.

Not making excuses for anyone or anything.....These are unusual times. More people out than ever before and more folks working remotely than ever before. Not Leica, but one other major company is only shipping on Tuesdays and Thursdays for the past year. It's an inconvenience but it is what it is. Less people hands on doing the work of more than 1 person.

Leica's new warranty is a huge uptick to what it was. Covers pretty much everything for longer periods of time. If you buy a new product that's an initial defect the authorized dealer should have no issue swapping it out for you. If it is not a new from dealer product than it's a customer service warranty issue, not a dealer services exchange issue. Someone buying any brand new from an authorized dealer can always go back to that authorized dealer (especially on an initial defect). Every product built can have issues, chit happens. We do our best to assist everyone who buys from us as well as any forum member who has a product from a brand we represent. New initial defect product from an authorized dealer that dealer works with dealer services, not customer service. This is not a warranty issue. If you have something that is not a new item from a dealer then it's a customer service warranty issue and is handled a different way.

I was told the difference years ago between a recession and a depression.... A recession is when your friend or neighbor losses his job, a depression is when I lose mine. There's a difference between dealer service issues and customer service issues and that difference is who at the brand handles it and how. As a dealer we will always step up for you but you need to reach out to us so we can assist you. I get it, when it happens to you it's infuriating and when it is happening to someone else it's not as horrible.

As I opened with, just my $.02

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
In my case, the only lady who ever bothered to actually give me a call was one named Stacey, apparently one of the managers. She apparently was prodded to actually call me because Hamilton got on the phone with the big boss of Leica Sport Optics. She even made the ridiculous statement in an email (eventually) that "since they were not purchased from an authorized dealer they may have to come in for a repair". I guess she never thought to look at the serial # I provided, which proved they were bought from an authorized dealer, and Leica Sport Optics actually dropped shipped the item to my acquaintance in the first place not long before this issue arose. That's not exactly doing your homework, or any homework, or anything actually to try and help out a customer with a NIB and never registered $3000 unit that's worthless.

Brenda never called me, nor did Jennine. I don't fee that "doing the work of "3 or 4 people" is any kind of excuse for not making a 2 minute phone call. Doug is a great communicator, unfortunately Leica dealer services, customer service, etc is not, at least in my case(s). Had it not been for Hamilton, I'm quite sure I'd still be hearing crickets.

IC B3

N
NWT Online Content
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
N
J Raider:
I recently had 5***** customer service with Leica. Sometimes how you approach the problem (read attitude) determines your outcome. Recently you commented how bad you were treated by Zeiss with a warranty issue also. Do we see a pattern?

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
I've never had a warranty issue with Zeiss, ever. My buddy did in getting his spotter repaired, which took 8 months IIRC. That's all there is to that. I"ve had superb service with Swaro, Meopta, and Vortex.

Moral to story, your ability to "see a pattern" sucks.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I just love my 8x32 Ultra HD binos, and my 62mm APO spotter, but Leica service has me buying Swarovski now.
I never needed to return a set to Leica, but the potential to be jacked around is something I avoid.

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Leica did one better than that for me when my pup chewed on a crf 100 they sent me a new 1600 free of charge- couldn’t be better.

C
cdb Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by JGRaider
I've never had a warranty issue with Zeiss, ever. My buddy did in getting his spotter repaired, which took 8 months IIRC. That's all there is to that. I"ve had superb service with Swaro, Meopta, and Vortex.

I’ve been reading your posts for quite some time, not only here but on Texas Hunting Forum. I’ve never even remotely had the sense you are overly critical or overly demanding when it comes to firearms and optics. The “pattern” statement was ridiculous.

Don't roll those bloodshot eyes at me.
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I only had one customer service experience with Leica and it was with a camera, not a scope. I had a vacation coming up and they bent over backwards to make sure I had the camera back before I got on the plane. I do not know if it is a shared service department with sport optics or not.

ILya

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by cdb
Originally Posted by JGRaider

I’ve been reading your posts for quite some time, not only here but on Texas Hunting Forum. I’ve never even remotely had the sense you are overly critical or overly demanding when it comes to firearms and optics. The “pattern” statement was ridiculous.

I appreciate that, and that is my intent whether an experience is good, bad, indifferent, etc. They are in Leica's hands now, so we'll see what they say and how they handle it. Hopefully I can put a thumbs up on this experience after all. One thing I can say is that I have several key people with Leica that I will gladly share with people to help them out any way possible.

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
For those remotely interested........Leica has had my Geovid's for a week now, as they sent me a receipt of acceptance. I sent an email just to get an update, and the Mgr of customer care responded. This is the same lady that said they were bought 2nd hand (technically true), but admitted they were still "new" but couldn't be considered "new", but would "rush this service along". I guess she said that because she knows this is in fact still a DOA unit. Her response today is "hopefully" we can start repairing them by end of next week". So much for "rushing along" my service. I already had to help my buddy on his NM oryx hunt with my 2 yr old Sig 2200 BDX, which worked flawlessly in spite of it being tossed around, hauled in a UTV, day pack, bino chest pack, etc.

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by BobBrown
Buy new merchandise , ya broke digk

Wow, really?

Liberalism is a cancer
Support Christian Family values
J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Yeah, poor ol' Bob is a one trick pony....a troll with nothing to offer.

Anyway, I got a message from Leica CS today, and they have supposedly fixed a badly misaligned laser, tested it extensively, and it will be on the way back to me by this afternoon. IME with several different "manufacturers", from a start to finish standpoint of about 2 1/2 weeks turnaround I'll put that in exemplary/outstanding ranking, since they actually serviced the unit and didn't replace it. I'd guess it's highly likely that getting Hamilton involved greatly sped up the process, or if not, in spite of a technicality within Leica of calling it a "new" unit (it was new though), maybe Leica realized that "new" units should actually work they fixed it promptly. I'm not sure, but I'm betting on Hamilton's involvement.

Nevertheless, it's headed back to me. If anyone needs the names of people with Leica involved in my situation shoot me a PM.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
706 members (11point, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 160user, 117LBS, 12344mag, 84 invisible), 2,637 guests, and 1,271 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,691
Posts18,399,843
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.