Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
It never fails. A guy needs a small pickup to haul garden supplies and half the replies say that nothing less than a Peterbilt with a sleeper will do.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

BP-B2

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
25% off Dewalt today at Murdoch's.

https://www.murdochs.com/brand/dewalt/

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

Yeah online. I went in yesterday and storing for a grease gun. Fugked myself out of the dewalt sale they had in store a couple days prior I did t know about.

MAGA
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

Yeah online. I went in yesterday and storing for a grease gun. Fugked myself out of the dewalt sale they had in store a couple days prior I did t know about.

Pears sent.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I have an 18volt dewalt drill I have abused the hell out of for 11-12 years. Only on second set of batteries. Guess im on board with the new 20v line. One tool at a time. [bleep] those things ain’t cheap

MAGA
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by stxhunter
harbor freight.

Bingo. Their middle line is fine.

Been using the HF Hercules stuff for a couple of years - drill/drivers, recip saw, circ saw, and LED light. Everything except the LED light is brushless. LED light is only 280 lumens, whereas others (Dewalt, at least, is 2x or maybe even 4x brighter).

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
If you expect the twin pack for $99 to be awesome....

--- Kid Rock 2022

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Bosch

From lowes

18v

Gets used about every other day for a 5 minute and sometimes all day project. Same batteries and no problems for the last 5-6 years I’ve had it. Drop it off ladders, throw it off the roof down into the yard, etc. still good.

Lowes used to run a deal about Chrimmus Time, the drill, 2 batts and charger for 99 dollars. Usually it was like 179$

So anyway they did that sale again the next Chrimmus and I bought the set again just to have those the two batteries.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Look at what each brand offers in the same voltage/battery type and see if there's other things you can use. My next door neighbor has all Dewalt 20V tools and we use his hedge trimmer. We bought a Ego cordless leaf blower, string trimmer, and self propelled mower. All use the same batteries and while the mower's battery is larger (thicker) the smaller batteries will work if it dies before were done. I bit the bullet and bought a Dewalt combo drill and impact driver this year. I have used them more than I had anticipated. I use the drill to anneal my brass.

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Just to add, I also have had a Dewalt set of 18v since 1998 and they still kinda sorta work. I let Batteries Plus rebuild the batteries once.

Batteries Plus, probably don’t have those “wist ofthee missyssissyssippi” as shubert says.

IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by slumlord
Just to add, I also have had a Dewalt set of 18v since 1998 and they still kinda sorta work. I let Batteries Plus rebuild the batteries once.

Batteries Plus, probably don’t have those “wist ofthee missyssissyssippi” as shubert says.

Had one here last I knew.

MAGA
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
25% off Dewalt today at Murdoch's.

https://www.murdochs.com/brand/dewalt/

The one item I have any current urge for is still nearly $20 cheaper elsewhere. LOL

--- Kid Rock 2022

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I'd look at the battery 'ecosystem' as part of your decision. Nice to have several batteries that will drive any/all of your tools. And you will get more tools than the drill (impact wrench!)

Milwaukee has the battery stuff down, IMHO, and their tools are top notch.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by slumlord

Had one here last I knew.

We got 'em.

Carpe' Scrotum
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
It never fails. A guy needs a small pickup to haul garden supplies and half the replies say that nothing less than a Peterbilt with a sleeper will do.

^^^THIS^^^

Hilarious.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Last Summer I was up that the old family vacation house and needed to run a couple of screws in to fix something. The only thing I could find was an old corded drill and a screw driver. I told myself that I was going to buy a cordless drill and leave it there for the next time. I went up a few weeks ago and forgot to buy one. Sho-nuff, got up there and the freakin gutter was falling off the front of the house. So I go to the local lumber yard and they only sell Bosch. I told the guy that the thing might get used 10 minutes a year for the house and I didn't want to spend a million bucks. I told him that I sold building materials and we got in a long conversation about the prices of schit. He sold me a little 12V Bosch and knocked $40 off the price. Nice guy. The bad boy came with two batteries and a handy dandy carrying case. Perfect for what I need.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by deflave
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I like DeWalt

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

For 3-4 times a year I’d get this. More reliable than Ryobi and it’s cordless.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SandBilly

For 3-4 times a year I’d get this. More reliable than Ryobi and it’s cordless.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

A push drill is more compact.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by bcraig
Looking for recommendations for a Cordless drill ..

Probably wont be used 3 or 4 hours a year.

Looking to buy relatively cheap

Home Depot has some great sales on some combo kits of Ryobi right now. I have several Ryobi drills, impacts, etc, and they have never let me down. They are great for home owners and weekend warriors. One thing I like is their "One +" batteries never change, other than hour ratings, and they have a lot of tools that use them. Don't listen to the Ryobi haters, I have abused mine more than once with no problems. Unless you use them to make a living every day, it makes no sense to spend too much for a drill, etc. The guys that tell you Ryobi is junk and Milwaukee is the real deal, may not know they are both part of TTi.

Last edited by reivertom; 10/19/21.
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
649 members (1234, 257 roberts, 1lessdog, 2500HD, 257Bob, 75 invisible), 2,763 guests, and 1,320 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,650
Posts18,399,153
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.