Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I had lunch today with a retired doctor friend of mine. We covered the usual “the medical system is screwed beyond repair, Biden sucks, and the Covid response has been a train wreck” topics. Then he looks all serous and said “I’ve got some troubling news”. I thought, great another friend with cancer.

Thankfully he said, “The wife wants me to see her analyst with her”. Apparently the combination of retirement and the pandemic is creating too much “together time”.

He asked how my experience with an analysts went as years ago I dated his wife’s sister for a short while. (Probably why his wife still hates me to this day.) I said Yep and this is how all that went down:

The girlfriend, who I had only been seeing for a few weeks, says - Let’s go see my analyst together. I said, Nope it won’t work out like you envision. She said we are going. I said it won’t work out like you envision.

So a few days later there we sit in front of her “analyst” who’s asking all the usual questions about feelings, conflict resolution, and coping mechanisms. I explained that my coping mechanism is sudden and complete hearing loss followed by acute alcohol abuse. But I digress.

About this time I’d had enough of the small talk and I look to the headdoc and said - So you sit here all day long listening to problems and offering advice. Doc responds Yes. I said, So with all that knowledge, how’s that working in your marriage. He responds something about it’s a process and requires a lot of work and patience. To whit I said, So largely the advice you hand out doesn’t really solve relationship problems and all this is sorta bullshite. He shrugged and went back to the - it’s a process mantra. So I turned to the girlfriend and said, see I told you this wouldn’t work out like you envisioned.

At which point the tears start and she storms out calling me a colossal dick and some other unintelligible babble. I looked to the doc and said, It generally takes about a month before they come to that conclusion.

Suddenly my friend got all happy and said that’s perfect, I’ll do that. I then asked if he has a prenup and he said no, he and his wife married before he was successful and there wasn’t a need. I told my friend he was unfortunately well and truly screwed. He ordered another scotch and looked even more depressed.

Women...

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
BP-B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This story is BS.

Fear the crabcat.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yep. Wimmins tend to have a lot more faith in all that mumbo jumbo than men (actual American men) do. Must be all that touchy-feely crap. They have the mistaken belief that the therapist will side with them, therby proving that they are right. Why they think this would "improve" the relationship, I have no idea.

My ex wanted me to go to a therapist with her for her issues. I refused.

I'm sure it helps some people, but it's not for me.

Last edited by High_Noon; 10/19/21.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I avoided dating anyone with an analyst.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 280shooter
I avoided dating anyone with an analyst.

Wise man.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
IC B2

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I’m soon to retire. We will see how it works for me. I may have to get a part time job.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
There is a cross-stitch, "Retirement, half as much money, twice as much husband."

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
A while back a friend of mine said something about something his analyst said. I didn’t say anything, but it left me scratching my head. A week or so later, in another conversation with him, something he said made me realize that, when he said “my analyst “ he was talking about the financial analyst on his staff.

Mathew 22: 37-39

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Hang out at topless bars. Some have lunch specials.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
I firmly believe, during the dating (actually an evaluation process similar to a hiring evaluation) the woman subconsciously says to herself, 'OK most of the boxes are checked, this one will suffice with a little character molding and behavioral guidance on my part'. So then the long marriage journey begins, and with each succeeding year she becomes more disappointed at the lack of success with the husband training. He is not responding well, and even in spite of 'community property' laws and 'no fault divorce', which are designed to make him more trainable, he may be giving quite a bit of pushback. At this point she is really upset, and may go off the reservation, and /or they decide to seek "expert" or "professional" help. She fully expects the expert to see the problem her way, and if the expert doesn't, then, of course, the expert is an incompetent idiot. Money wasted. All over a failure to become a different man than the one she married. I envy the fellows here who have what I call a Paul Harvey marriage, a rare condition in this day and age.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
IC B3

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Bristoe

Yeah,...whatever you do, don't go see a marriage councelor.

Their job is to wrinkle up they forehead while the woman yaps along about what a chitbird you are,.. ask, "He did that?!,..He did that?!,...and to occasionally look over at you while wearing an incredulous expression and say, "What da fug were you thinkin' about?!!"

After about an hour of this, he charges you $100 and sends ya home with an appointment to come back next week for some more of the same.

If he's really good at it,..the wife ends up givin' him some,..and you get to pay him $100 an hour for it.

It's best just to hit yourself in the balls with a hammer every time the wife suggests that you two go to a marriage councelor.

It's pretty much the same thing,...it doesn't cost $100 an hour,..and it's just one less guy that ends up pokin' ya wife.

It's kinda like this:

Wife "Boo-hooooOOOOOooooooo!,...we need to see a marriage councelor!"

Husband "What about I just hit myself in the balls with a hammer instead?"

Wife "Close enough."

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Yeah,...whatever you do, don't go see a marriage councelor.

Their job is to wrinkle up they forehead while the woman yaps along about what a chitbird you are,.. ask, "He did that?!,..He did that?!,...and to occasionally look over at you while wearing an incredulous expression and say, "What da fug were you thinkin' about?!!"

After about an hour of this, he charges you $100 and sends ya home with an appointment to come back next week for some more of the same.

If he's really good at it,..the wife ends up givin' him some,..and you get to pay him $100 an hour for it.

It's best just to hit yourself in the balls with a hammer every time the wife suggests that you two go to a marriage councelor.

It's pretty much the same thing,...it doesn't cost $100 an hour,..and it's just one less guy that ends up pokin' ya wife.

It's kinda like this:

Wife "Boo-hooooOOOOOooooooo!,...we need to see a marriage councelor!"

Husband "What about I just hit myself in the balls with a hammer instead?"

Wife "Close enough."

I remember that.
LMAO

FJB & FJT
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Never been to one, and don’t know anyone who has.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Your friends problems run deep, and are related to his choices in companionship.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
My leo buddy’s marriage ship has run aground a couple of times now. He is, like me, untrainable. He told me next time he’s just going to find a mean bitch and buy her a house!

America, Our Country and we’re taking it back.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Marriage analysts, counselors, shrinks, whatever should have a sign in the lobby with their score.............

SAVED #

LOST #

I'll wager they're no where near 50/50................

But I may be wrong, I'm often wrong, it's part of my charm, just ask my wife............

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
You could tell her, you have no use for a counselor or therapist. But you would be glad to pay for her sessions with a fully licensed MD Psychiatrist, to help her with HER issues.

Your insurance will likely pay for a Psychiatrist. The Dr. might even invite you to attend a couple sessions and let you know what is wrong with HER.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by STRSWilson
I had lunch today with a retired doctor friend of mine. We covered the usual “the medical system is screwed beyond repair, Biden sucks, and the Covid response has been a train wreck” topics. Then he looks all serous and said “I’ve got some troubling news”. I thought, great another friend with cancer.

Thankfully he said, “The wife wants me to see her analyst with her”. Apparently the combination of retirement and the pandemic is creating too much “together time”.

He asked how my experience with an analysts went as years ago I dated his wife’s sister for a short while. (Probably why his wife still hates me to this day.) I said Yep and this is how all that went down:

The girlfriend, who I had only been seeing for a few weeks, says - Let’s go see my analyst together. I said, Nope it won’t work out like you envision. She said we are going. I said it won’t work out like you envision.

So a few days later there we sit in front of her “analyst” who’s asking all the usual questions about feelings, conflict resolution, and coping mechanisms. I explained that my coping mechanism is sudden and complete hearing loss followed by acute alcohol abuse. But I digress.

About this time I’d had enough of the small talk and I look to the headdoc and said - So you sit here all day long listening to problems and offering advice. Doc responds Yes. I said, So with all that knowledge, how’s that working in your marriage. He responds something about it’s a process and requires a lot of work and patience. To whit I said, So largely the advice you hand out doesn’t really solve relationship problems and all this is sorta bullshite. He shrugged and went back to the - it’s a process mantra. So I turned to the girlfriend and said, see I told you this wouldn’t work out like you envisioned.

At which point the tears start and she storms out calling me a colossal dick and some other unintelligible babble. I looked to the doc and said, It generally takes about a month before they come to that conclusion.

Suddenly my friend got all happy and said that’s perfect, I’ll do that. I then asked if he has a prenup and he said no, he and his wife married before he was successful and there wasn’t a need. I told my friend he was unfortunately well and truly screwed. He ordered another scotch and looked even more depressed.

Women...
my brother and his wife are living separately no plans on getting divorced, now that he's not in the oilfield and home every day they just get on each other's nerves. So they live apart but still do things outside the house together.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by hanco
I’m soon to retire. We will see how it works for me. I may have to get a part time job.

I retired last month. So far, no "analyst". I'll probably end up with another job yet, however. Hopefully, we can make it work til deer season is over.

Last edited by gregintenn; 10/19/21.
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
You could tell her, you have no use for a counselor or therapist. But you would be glad to pay for her sessions with a fully licensed MD Psychiatrist, to help her with HER issues.

Your insurance will likely pay for a Psychiatrist. The Dr. might even invite you to attend a couple sessions and let you know what is wrong with HER.

You mean other than being a typical emotional female?

I wasn't there to solve any problems other than to perpetuate the horizontal entertainment. Ultimately, she calmed down and it went on for a few months until it didn't.

Changing women is simply changing one type of crazy for another. You just hope to find one version of crazy you can put up with for a while. It's not easy; especially during the damn pandemic.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
776 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 160user, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 86 invisible), 3,082 guests, and 1,265 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,706
Posts18,400,100
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.