24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
A Friend With A Problem #16542686 10/19/21
Joined: Sep 2021
Posts: 887
S
STRSWilson Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Joined: Sep 2021
Posts: 887
I had lunch today with a retired doctor friend of mine. We covered the usual “the medical system is screwed beyond repair, Biden sucks, and the Covid response has been a train wreck” topics. Then he looks all serous and said “I’ve got some troubling news”. I thought, great another friend with cancer.

Thankfully he said, “The wife wants me to see her analyst with her”. Apparently the combination of retirement and the pandemic is creating too much “together time”.

He asked how my experience with an analysts went as years ago I dated his wife’s sister for a short while. (Probably why his wife still hates me to this day.) I said Yep and this is how all that went down:

The girlfriend, who I had only been seeing for a few weeks, says - Let’s go see my analyst together. I said, Nope it won’t work out like you envision. She said we are going. I said it won’t work out like you envision.

So a few days later there we sit in front of her “analyst” who’s asking all the usual questions about feelings, conflict resolution, and coping mechanisms. I explained that my coping mechanism is sudden and complete hearing loss followed by acute alcohol abuse. But I digress.

About this time I’d had enough of the small talk and I look to the headdoc and said - So you sit here all day long listening to problems and offering advice. Doc responds Yes. I said, So with all that knowledge, how’s that working in your marriage. He responds something about it’s a process and requires a lot of work and patience. To whit I said, So largely the advice you hand out doesn’t really solve relationship problems and all this is sorta bullshite. He shrugged and went back to the - it’s a process mantra. So I turned to the girlfriend and said, see I told you this wouldn’t work out like you envisioned.

At which point the tears start and she storms out calling me a colossal dick and some other unintelligible babble. I looked to the doc and said, It generally takes about a month before they come to that conclusion.

Suddenly my friend got all happy and said that’s perfect, I’ll do that. I then asked if he has a prenup and he said no, he and his wife married before he was successful and there wasn’t a need. I told my friend he was unfortunately well and truly screwed. He ordered another scotch and looked even more depressed.

Women...

BP-B2

Re: A Friend With A Problem [Re: STRSWilson] #16542695 10/19/21
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,567
G
Gypsy_Wind Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,567
This story is BS.


"My dear, you've set your gaze upon the quintessential frontier type. Note the lean silhouette... eyes closed by the sun, though sharp as a hawk. He's got the look of both predator and prey."
Re: A Friend With A Problem [Re: STRSWilson] #16542701 10/19/21
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 5,635
High_Noon Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 5,635
Yep. Wimmins tend to have a lot more faith in all that mumbo jumbo than men (actual American men) do. Must be all that touchy-feely crap. They have the mistaken belief that the therapist will side with them, therby proving that they are right. Why they think this would "improve" the relationship, I have no idea.

My ex wanted me to go to a therapist with her for her issues. I refused.

I'm sure it helps some people, but it's not for me.

Last edited by High_Noon; 10/19/21.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
Re: A Friend With A Problem [Re: STRSWilson] #16542704 10/19/21
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 10,778
280shooter Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 10,778
I avoided dating anyone with an analyst.


Go Broncos!
Re: A Friend With A Problem [Re: 280shooter] #16542707 10/19/21
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 5,635
High_Noon Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 5,635
Originally Posted by 280shooter
I avoided dating anyone with an analyst.

Wise man.


l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
IC-A

Re: A Friend With A Problem [Re: STRSWilson] #16542718 10/19/21
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 67,791
hanco Online Content
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 67,791
I’m soon to retire. We will see how it works for me. I may have to get a part time job.

Re: A Friend With A Problem [Re: STRSWilson] #16542728 10/19/21
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 43,733
W
wabigoon Offline
Campfire Oracle
Offline
Campfire Oracle
W
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 43,733
There is a cross-stitch, "Retirement, half as much money, twice as much husband."


These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Re: A Friend With A Problem [Re: STRSWilson] #16542733 10/19/21
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 8,083
C
cra1948 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Offline
Campfire Outfitter
C
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 8,083
A while back a friend of mine said something about something his analyst said. I didn’t say anything, but it left me scratching my head. A week or so later, in another conversation with him, something he said made me realize that, when he said “my analyst “ he was talking about the financial analyst on his staff.



Mathew 22: 37-39

Happy escapee from NY

Re: A Friend With A Problem [Re: STRSWilson] #16542740 10/19/21
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 13,019
poboy Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 13,019
Hang out at topless bars. Some have lunch specials.


--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- IMPEACH BIDEN NOW -
Re: A Friend With A Problem [Re: STRSWilson] #16542749 10/19/21
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 4,352
F
flintlocke Online Content
Campfire Guide
Online Content
Campfire Guide
F
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 4,352
I firmly believe, during the dating (actually an evaluation process similar to a hiring evaluation) the woman subconsciously says to herself, 'OK most of the boxes are checked, this one will suffice with a little character molding and behavioral guidance on my part'. So then the long marriage journey begins, and with each succeeding year she becomes more disappointed at the lack of success with the husband training. He is not responding well, and even in spite of 'community property' laws and 'no fault divorce', which are designed to make him more trainable, he may be giving quite a bit of pushback. At this point she is really upset, and may go off the reservation, and /or they decide to seek "expert" or "professional" help. She fully expects the expert to see the problem her way, and if the expert doesn't, then, of course, the expert is an incompetent idiot. Money wasted. All over a failure to become a different man than the one she married. I envy the fellows here who have what I call a Paul Harvey marriage, a rare condition in this day and age.


Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
IC-B

Re: A Friend With A Problem [Re: STRSWilson] #16542763 10/19/21
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 72,037
B
Bristoe Offline
Campfire Oracle
Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 72,037
Originally Posted by Bristoe

Yeah,...whatever you do, don't go see a marriage councelor.

Their job is to wrinkle up they forehead while the woman yaps along about what a chitbird you are,.. ask, "He did that?!,..He did that?!,...and to occasionally look over at you while wearing an incredulous expression and say, "What da fug were you thinkin' about?!!"

After about an hour of this, he charges you $100 and sends ya home with an appointment to come back next week for some more of the same.

If he's really good at it,..the wife ends up givin' him some,..and you get to pay him $100 an hour for it.

It's best just to hit yourself in the balls with a hammer every time the wife suggests that you two go to a marriage councelor.

It's pretty much the same thing,...it doesn't cost $100 an hour,..and it's just one less guy that ends up pokin' ya wife.

It's kinda like this:

Wife "Boo-hooooOOOOOooooooo!,...we need to see a marriage councelor!"

Husband "What about I just hit myself in the balls with a hammer instead?"

Wife "Close enough."

Re: A Friend With A Problem [Re: Bristoe] #16542773 10/19/21
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 19,178
R
Raeford Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
R
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 19,178
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by Bristoe

Yeah,...whatever you do, don't go see a marriage councelor.

Their job is to wrinkle up they forehead while the woman yaps along about what a chitbird you are,.. ask, "He did that?!,..He did that?!,...and to occasionally look over at you while wearing an incredulous expression and say, "What da fug were you thinkin' about?!!"

After about an hour of this, he charges you $100 and sends ya home with an appointment to come back next week for some more of the same.

If he's really good at it,..the wife ends up givin' him some,..and you get to pay him $100 an hour for it.

It's best just to hit yourself in the balls with a hammer every time the wife suggests that you two go to a marriage councelor.

It's pretty much the same thing,...it doesn't cost $100 an hour,..and it's just one less guy that ends up pokin' ya wife.

It's kinda like this:

Wife "Boo-hooooOOOOOooooooo!,...we need to see a marriage councelor!"

Husband "What about I just hit myself in the balls with a hammer instead?"

Wife "Close enough."


I remember that.
LMAO


Lets Go Brandon!
Re: A Friend With A Problem [Re: STRSWilson] #16542879 10/19/21
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 76,378
ironbender Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 76,378
Never been to one, and don’t know anyone who has.


If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Re: A Friend With A Problem [Re: STRSWilson] #16542916 10/19/21
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 8,710
goalie Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 8,710
Your friends problems run deep, and are related to his choices in companionship.

Re: A Friend With A Problem [Re: STRSWilson] #16543054 10/19/21
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,354
G
gkt5450 Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
G
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,354
My leo buddy’s marriage ship has run aground a couple of times now. He is, like me, untrainable. He told me next time he’s just going to find a mean bitch and buy her a house!


America, Our Country and we’re taking it back.
Re: A Friend With A Problem [Re: STRSWilson] #16543065 10/19/21
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 6,810
M
Muffin Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 6,810
Marriage analysts, counselors, shrinks, whatever should have a sign in the lobby with their score.............


SAVED #

LOST #

I'll wager they're no where near 50/50................

But I may be wrong, I'm often wrong, it's part of my charm, just ask my wife............

Re: A Friend With A Problem [Re: STRSWilson] #16543113 10/19/21
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 20,711
I
Idaho_Shooter Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
I
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 20,711
You could tell her, you have no use for a counselor or therapist. But you would be glad to pay for her sessions with a fully licensed MD Psychiatrist, to help her with HER issues.

Your insurance will likely pay for a Psychiatrist. The Dr. might even invite you to attend a couple sessions and let you know what is wrong with HER.


My ideal as a conservative:

That each person may reap as he/she has sown.
Re: A Friend With A Problem [Re: STRSWilson] #16543167 10/19/21
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 41,207
stxhunter Online Content
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 41,207
Originally Posted by STRSWilson
I had lunch today with a retired doctor friend of mine. We covered the usual “the medical system is screwed beyond repair, Biden sucks, and the Covid response has been a train wreck” topics. Then he looks all serous and said “I’ve got some troubling news”. I thought, great another friend with cancer.

Thankfully he said, “The wife wants me to see her analyst with her”. Apparently the combination of retirement and the pandemic is creating too much “together time”.

He asked how my experience with an analysts went as years ago I dated his wife’s sister for a short while. (Probably why his wife still hates me to this day.) I said Yep and this is how all that went down:

The girlfriend, who I had only been seeing for a few weeks, says - Let’s go see my analyst together. I said, Nope it won’t work out like you envision. She said we are going. I said it won’t work out like you envision.

So a few days later there we sit in front of her “analyst” who’s asking all the usual questions about feelings, conflict resolution, and coping mechanisms. I explained that my coping mechanism is sudden and complete hearing loss followed by acute alcohol abuse. But I digress.

About this time I’d had enough of the small talk and I look to the headdoc and said - So you sit here all day long listening to problems and offering advice. Doc responds Yes. I said, So with all that knowledge, how’s that working in your marriage. He responds something about it’s a process and requires a lot of work and patience. To whit I said, So largely the advice you hand out doesn’t really solve relationship problems and all this is sorta bullshite. He shrugged and went back to the - it’s a process mantra. So I turned to the girlfriend and said, see I told you this wouldn’t work out like you envisioned.

At which point the tears start and she storms out calling me a colossal dick and some other unintelligible babble. I looked to the doc and said, It generally takes about a month before they come to that conclusion.

Suddenly my friend got all happy and said that’s perfect, I’ll do that. I then asked if he has a prenup and he said no, he and his wife married before he was successful and there wasn’t a need. I told my friend he was unfortunately well and truly screwed. He ordered another scotch and looked even more depressed.

Women...
my brother and his wife are living separately no plans on getting divorced, now that he's not in the oilfield and home every day they just get on each other's nerves. So they live apart but still do things outside the house together.


God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Re: A Friend With A Problem [Re: hanco] #16543171 10/19/21
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 10,508
G
gregintenn Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 10,508
Originally Posted by hanco
I’m soon to retire. We will see how it works for me. I may have to get a part time job.

I retired last month. So far, no "analyst". I'll probably end up with another job yet, however. Hopefully, we can make it work til deer season is over.

Last edited by gregintenn; 10/19/21.
Re: A Friend With A Problem [Re: Idaho_Shooter] #16543176 10/19/21
Joined: Sep 2021
Posts: 887
S
STRSWilson Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Joined: Sep 2021
Posts: 887
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
You could tell her, you have no use for a counselor or therapist. But you would be glad to pay for her sessions with a fully licensed MD Psychiatrist, to help her with HER issues.

Your insurance will likely pay for a Psychiatrist. The Dr. might even invite you to attend a couple sessions and let you know what is wrong with HER.


You mean other than being a typical emotional female?

I wasn't there to solve any problems other than to perpetuate the horizontal entertainment. Ultimately, she calmed down and it went on for a few months until it didn't.

Changing women is simply changing one type of crazy for another. You just hope to find one version of crazy you can put up with for a while. It's not easy; especially during the damn pandemic.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin, SYSOP 

RR1b
Who's Online Now
843 registered members (10gaugeman, 1100mag, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 92 invisible), 2,414 guests, and 926 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
RR2/3

Forum Statistics
Forums78
Topics1,065,900
Posts16,166,737
Members69,464
Most Online9,977
Aug 3rd, 2021









Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2022 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
 
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.3
(Release build 20190728)
PHP: 7.3.33 Page Time: 0.076s Queries: 15 (0.004s) Memory: 0.8887 MB (Peak: 1.0470 MB) Data Comp: Zlib Server Time: 2022-01-27 20:13:48 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS