-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have a DeWalt 18V. Its OK, it came with an extra battery and a carrying case. I'm not sure its worth significant more than a Rigid or Kobalt brand for just normal use around the house.

Last edited by KFWA; 10/19/21.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bcraig
Looking for recommendations for a Cordless drill ..

Probably wont be used 3 or 4 hours a year.

Looking to buy relatively cheap

Skil for under $100.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
DeWalt 20 volt is what I have..zero issues. Just don't buy cheap! Buy once cry once.

Last edited by pappabear; 10/19/21.

Easy's gettin' harder everyday
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Raeford
Originally Posted by stxhunter
harbor freight.

Exactamundo

For 3-4 hours use annually the poster said.

We have several Bauer cordless tools[drill/driver etc] and all have done fine and the batteries have been GTG for 2-3 years now.
Added the pole saw last month and was surprised how much cutting I could do on one charge.

I have a Bauer chipping hammer I've been using for 5 yrs to take up tile, still works fine just keep it greased.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I'm staying out of this one. laugh

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I'm staying out of this one. laugh

Play along!

FJB & FJT
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I would go with the Milwaukee M12 for occasional use. The price isn't going to be that much more than the lower end stuff and it has tons of different tool options that use the M12 batteries.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Have only owned two cordless drill products since the mid 90s.....

Started out with 12v Milwaukee which was fine....gifted it to a family member when their tools were lost in a fire...

Been doing the 18v makita thing ever since....

Both work for me.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
It never fails. A guy needs a small pickup to haul garden supplies and half the replies say that nothing less than a Peterbilt with a sleeper will do.

Yep. Every chainsaw/truck/scope thread on the 24hcf, EVER.........

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
I've spent $1,500+ on Milwaukee cordless tools in the month at Home Depot and consider it money well spent. The DeWalt cordless tools have become community - barn tools.

Old thread I know.

I took your word for it True, picked up a M18 Fuel rattle-gun and it is an excellent piece of kit. My brother has an old V18 drill and circular saw he said I can have, so I ordered an adapter so that I can use the M18 batteries on the old V18 tools.

Next on the list is a Stihl motorised auger and a Stihl pole-saw, I should have most bases covered right about there.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
DeWalt is what you want in my opinion.

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Dad wanted a rechargeable drill for the same. He's got an ancient Makita rechargeable that's decades old and he kept trying to get it to work again, not sure why, it's like 8 volts.

So I went to Lowes and got him a Craftsman kit - drill, battery and charger. I think it was on sale for 80 bucks or so. It's about a year old now and works great for his needs.

He was happy.

'course that new Craftsman didn't stop him from buying an ancient DeWalt at a garage sale for $3.00. He likes to go to garage sales late on Sunday and put a bunch of crap in a box and then offer 'em like $5.00. Apparently he's got it figured.

Last edited by High_Noon; 11/13/21.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
I
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by JSTUART
I've spent $1,500+ on Milwaukee cordless tools in the month at Home Depot and consider it money well spent. The DeWalt cordless tools have become community - barn tools.

Old thread I know.

I took your word for it True, picked up a M18 Fuel rattle-gun and it is an excellent piece of kit. My brother has an old V18 drill and circular saw he said I can have, so I ordered an adapter so that I can use the M18 batteries on the old V18 tools.

Next on the list is a Stihl motorised auger and a Stihl pole-saw, I should have most bases covered right about there.

Get the Milwaukee pole saw you won't be disappointed

You've got to hand it to a blind prostitute
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I have a 10 or 11 year old Bosch that keeps on trucking. The batteries are both about shot, but I wouldn’t hesitate to buy the same unit again.

Bought a Harbor Freight, Bauer impact driver last year to build a small deck. It wasn’t happy by the end of it. Still runs, but is noticeably louder and feels like it wants to come apart.
It was cheap and did the job though.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
You buy a cheap one and get fugged twice.1 st time when you buy it and help China fug us all and 2nd time when the pos craps out on you when you need it the worst. Take some of the money you saved when I gave you that original Remington sling for nothing and buy a 20v Dewalt brushless on sale. Mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bcraig
Looking for recommendations for a Cordless drill ..

Probably wont be used 3 or 4 hours a year.

Looking to buy relatively cheap

Harbor Freight

Dave

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Irving_D
Originally Posted by JSTUART

Old thread I know.

Get the Milwaukee pole saw you won't be disappointed

Agreed.

I bought the Milwaukee kit that comes with the weedeater, edger, hedge trimmer, and pole saw attachment and holy schit does it impress.

I also bought their brushless impact driver and 3/8" drill and they kick ass.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
So the guy wants something for 3 - 4 hours a year and "relatively cheap" and look at all the suggestions he gets. This is better than the guy whose question about a small, cheap, occasional-use, homeowner chainsaw starts an epic Campfire Husqvarna vs Stihl dick-measuring contest.

Just go to Harbor Freight.

Mathew 22: 37-39

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I made the same observation pages ago. If a guy were to ask about a light pickup for commuting and garden hauling, he'll get recommendations for Kenworth versus Peterbilt and which sleeper cab is the best. Never fails.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I have DeWalt and Milwaukee, sometimes I use them at the same time.

Black Cows Matter!
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (06hunter59, 1eyedmule, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 21, 222ND, 73 invisible), 2,497 guests, and 1,274 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,677
Posts18,456,258
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.