Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Hey, dammit... They say 'pics or it didn't happen'....... So there.

BP-B2

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Even from the pictures you can see her suffering. And the pic with the dogchit is o.k. But the chit seems to be a bit too greasy. Is that normal?

Elmer Keith
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by huntsman22
Originally Posted by test1328
That sucks, Hunts! But, it's important to take care of the pup. My first thought was why the hell didn't you get that dog her COVID shot?! I'm sure that's why she caught it!

testicle, the vet said parvo was just like the covid, in that they can still get it even with the jab....

I didn’t know that, thanks

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Dang Don, sorry to hear that. There's always next year for your pup to take you huntin though.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Thanks Don !!

So glad for this outcome.

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
IC B2

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
My hats off to you for taking such good care of your dog during this difficult time! Good Job!!

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
That is fantastic news, Don! Glad she turned the corner. She does look pretty worn out in a few of those pictures. Hopefully, the trend continues and she's right back with it as usual in a day or two.

Any idea on how she might have contracted Parvo? Seems strange that she would get it where you live and what you do. Then again, maybe there are a lot of dogs that come around?

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Don't know of any strange dogs coming around. But with antelope season over, it could have been coyotes or coons, maybe? the vet don't think so, but we gut and skin all our critters in the ranch dump and the coyotes kinda clean up. The dogs go up there and haul legs and stuff back to the house to chew on. Vet says they can catch it by eating others poop and that it stays in the soil for a long time.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Good to hear she’s on the mend, poop pics and all….

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Don't know of any strange dogs coming around. But with antelope season over, it could have been coyotes or coons, maybe? the vet don't think so, but we gut and skin all our critters in the ranch dump and the coyotes kinda clean up. The dogs go up there and haul legs and stuff back to the house to chew on. Vet says they can catch it by eating others poop and that it stays in the soil for a long time.

Thanks for the additional information. My understanding was pretty much the same, that it could survive for a long time in the soil and that they could catch it from eating other dog's poop, but I didn't know if there were other means of catching it, like traveling through the air or eating out of the a same dish as another dog, etc. Parvo is one of the reasons I think dog parks are a bad idea, as is walking your dog on the same trail as a 1,000 other dogs do in the city. I'm amazed that more dogs in the city don't suffer from it.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Glad she’s ok Don! We almost lost our springer years ago when she got it. Nasty stuff. She pulled through also.

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
Good job bringing her back around. She looked pretty out of it there in some of your pics.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by test1328

Thanks for the additional information. My understanding was pretty much the same, that it could survive for a long time in the soil and that they could catch it from eating other dog's poop, but I didn't know if there were other means of catching it, like traveling through the air or eating out of the a same dish as another dog, etc. Parvo is one of the reasons I think dog parks are a bad idea, as is walking your dog on the same trail as a 1,000 other dogs do in the city. I'm amazed that more dogs in the city don't suffer from it.

it can last for many years in the soil according my vets.. Can be fatal in a significant percentage of dogs. glad your dog pulled through

C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
Bummer Don. Glad to see your dog is pulling through

Clos

NRA Life Member

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Any new updates? I hope your pup is even better now.

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Sorry to hear this, but glad she will be okay..

Molon Labe
S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
I just saw this hope the pup is doing better. Taking my pup to the vet for his shots my Vet said that parvo was real and in northern Michigan right now and told me to keep my pup away from other dogs till he was done with his shots. He's doing good so far and done with his shots now. Take care Don

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I got just one thing to say..........

How you treat your dog is a direct reflection of your character.

Life (and forums) is like a box of animal crackers----There's a Jackass in every box
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by AZmark
I got just one thing to say..........

How you treat your dog is a direct reflection of your character.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

THIS

Really glad she made it Don.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
722 members (10gaugemag, 02bfishn, 12308300, 11point, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 87 invisible), 2,723 guests, and 1,287 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,698
Posts18,399,950
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.