Print Thread
Hop To
O
Oakster Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
O
Is there anyplace online with a supply of bullets to choose from? Things have been hard to find for a quite a while now and I would have expected bullets to be making a comeback by now.

GB1

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
If mail-order is not an issue I would suggest trying ammoseek.com in addition to the usual suspects. Boutiques, particularly cnc'd projectiles still seem to be available as well.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I have found what I wanted by going to my regular places online.You just have to check regularly . I have 8 lbs of powder and 400 bullets coming this week.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
What are you looking for?I have quite a few bullets in 7mm and 308cal.Send me a PM if there is anything you might want in those calibers.I haven't listed anything for sale,but I'm offering to help a fellow in this crisis time we are in right now.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
As Bob Hagel would say"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."Good words of wisdom...............
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
When I was looking for Barnes bullets a while back I called Barnes direct and they had them in stock. Also was at Bruno's last week and they had a pretty good selection.

I am continually astounded at how quickly people make up their minds on little evidence or none at all.
Jack O'Connor
IC B2

O
Oakster Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by Blacktailer
When I was looking for Barnes bullets a while back I called Barnes direct and they had them in stock. Also was at Bruno's last week and they had a pretty good selection.

Good info and something I should have thought of. Sometimes a guy just has to ask ....

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
wikiarms.com
gunbot.net
ammoseek.com

Actually I haven't had too tough a time finding bullets at the usual suspects: Midway, Brunos, Grafs, Midsouth, Natchez, Powder Valley, Shooters Pro Shop, Rocky Mtn Reloading, American Reloading etc etc etc. You just may not find quite what you are looking for immediately, gotta keep checking back.

Price can be ridiculous of course.

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Not sure where you've been looking, but a quick search shows Midway and Graf each have over 400 types of bullets in stock. Natchez has a couple of hundred choices. When I was at Sportsmans Warehouse last week they had a lot of bullets on the shelves, I'm sure I could find something in most calibers, if not my first choice. A guy at yesterday's IDPA match told me he bought 3 bricks of primers there last week.

Mathew 22: 37-39

O
Oakster Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by cra1948
Not sure where you've been looking, but a quick search shows Midway and Graf each have over 400 types of bullets in stock. Natchez has a couple of hundred choices. When I was at Sportsmans Warehouse last week they had a lot of bullets on the shelves, I'm sure I could find something in most calibers, if not my first choice. A guy at yesterday's IDPA match told me he bought 3 bricks of primers there last week.

Our shelves are empty here in NE Wyoming. No primers, very few bullets. Just about all that is on the shelf is hornady match type bullets.

Campfire Tracker
Online Shocked
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Oakster

Our shelves are empty here in NE Wyoming. No primers, very few bullets. Just about all that is on the shelf is hornady match type bullets.

That’s about how it is here as well. Sportsman’s seems to get some others here and there, but that’s about it. I’ve had good luck ordering form Blue Collar Reloading and Grice Guns over the past year.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Oakster,
You'll probably get a lot more useful help if you can at least name a few bullets you are looking for. Then people could answer back with "They got those in stock at Bubba's Bullet Barn" or "I have more of those on hand than I'll ever need - PM me" or whatever. Things are very hit and miss these days. Still the answer to "Is there anyplace online with a supply of bullets to choose from? " is "Yes, everywhere, just apparently not what it is you need."
Hoping to be able to help,
Rex

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Hudge

That’s about how it is here as well. Sportsman’s seems to get some others here and there, but that’s about it. I’ve had good luck ordering form Blue Collar Reloading and Grice Guns over the past year.

The past few days I've been at the Sportsman Warehouse and Cabela's stores on both the West Slope and the Front Range--none of them had much of anything.

Although one store had 14 boxes of Weatherby 30-378..........at $90 a box......

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
O
Oakster Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
O
I am currently looking for 6.5 (.264) Nosler Ballistic Tips and/or Accubonds. I will also need something similar in 7mm for a .280 and .280ai

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
SPS has 140 Accubonds

They have also had 129 ABLR's a couple of times in the last couple of weeks, but they have gone really fast.

Last edited by Adirondack69; 10/18/21. Reason: update info
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I am currently looking for 6.5 (.264) Nosler Ballistic Tips and/or Accubonds. I will also need something similar in 7mm for a .280 and .280ai

SPS has 125g Partitions. You live in Wyoming, the Pt will work well on everything Wyoming offers. With the current Wuhan Virus and the popularity of the 6.5, that caliber is not readily available very often. I would give it serious consideration.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by alpinecrick

SPS has 125g Partitions. You live in Wyoming, the Pt will work well on everything Wyoming offers. With the current Wuhan Virus and the popularity of the 6.5, that caliber is not readily available very often. I would give it serious consideration.

Yes, but at over $50 for a 50 pack of 125 grain Blems, that's unusually high. Then again - if you need them, you need them. Pretty good price on the 7mm 140 ABs though...
Maybe consider 123 or 139 Scenar's for the 6.5 - they seem to be in stock many places and are earning a fine reputation on game. And at just over one third what SPS wants for those 125 PTs, a good deal! Crazy accurate too. I'm taking them to MT after deer and antelope in two days - going to give them a try myself.
Rex

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by TRexF16

Yes, but at over $50 for a 50 pack of 125 grain Blems, that's unusually high. Then again - if you need them, you need them. Pretty good price on the 7mm 140 ABs though...
Maybe consider 123 or 139 Scenar's for the 6.5 - they seem to be in stock many places and are earning a fine reputation on game. And at just over one third what SPS wants for those 125 PTs, a good deal! Crazy accurate too. I'm taking them to MT after deer and antelope in two days - going to give them a try myself.
Rex

Holy crap, I didn't even look at the price, just assumed being blems they would be reasonable.

Casey

Having said that, MAGA.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

It seems most anything associated with the 6.5CM is marked up--powder, brass, bullets......

Casey

Having said that, MAGA.
Campfire Tracker
Online Shocked
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Hudge

The past few days I've been at the Sportsman Warehouse and Cabela's stores on both the West Slope and the Front Range--none of them had much of anything.

Although one store had 14 boxes of Weatherby 30-378..........at $90 a box......

You’ve got to know which days their shipments come in. I’ve seen a few Nosler bullets come in at SW here, but for the prices they want, they can keep them.

Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z
Online is the way to go right now. They're getting stuff in pretty regularly now, you just have to watch for it, because it goes fast. Primers and powder are normally sold out within hours, or sometimes minutes of arrival. Bullets and brass usually stick around a little longer, but still go fast for popular cartridges.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

643 members (1badf350, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 74 invisible), 2,502 guests, and 1,280 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,686
Posts18,456,386
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.