Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
https://www.washingtonpost.com/heal...four-star-admiral-public-health-service/
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Rachel Levine, openly transgender health official, sworn in as four-star admiral in Public Health Service
The former Pennsylvania health secretary is the sixth four-star admiral in the history of the health corps.

Rachel Levine, the U.S. assistant secretary for health and the nation’s highest-ranking openly transgender official, is set7hVsSLp0 crazy to be sworn in as an admiral of the U.S. Public Health Service Commissioned Corps. (Chris Sean Smith/U.S. Department of Health and Human Services)
By Dan Diamond
Today at 8:30 a.m. EDT|Updated today at 2:09 p.m. EDT

A senior Biden health appointee who made history when she became the nation’s highest-ranking openly transgender official has also become its first openly transgender four-star officer.

Rachel Levine, the U.S. assistant secretary for health, was sworn in Tuesday as an admiral of the U.S. Public Health Service Commissioned Corps, a 6,000-person force that responds to health crises on behalf of the federal government, including administering coronavirus vaccines and delivering care after hurricanes. Levine is also the organization’s first-ever female four-star admiral.

U.S. coronavirus cases tracker and map
The move was hailed by advocacy groups like the gay rights organization GLAAD, and health care leaders who called it a breakthrough moment.

Story continues below advertisement

The group representing public health officials “is here to support you and your team defend the health of all Americans!” Michael Fraser, CEO of the Association of State and Territorial Health Officials, wroteI on Twitter.

Some conservatives, meanwhile, dismissed the swearing-in as a political gesture. “Biden gang playing quota politics with public health service,” Tom Fitton, president of conservative legal group Judicial Watch, wrote on Facebook.

In an interview, Levine stressed that her new position as an admiral was “not just symbolic,” and that she would take a leadership role in shaping the public health corps’ priorities. “I’m doing this because of my dedication to service … [and] with the utmost respect and honor for the uniform that I will be wearing,” Levine said, adding she would begin wearing the group’s blue uniform immediately.

The public health service is one of the nation’s eight uniformed services, although it is distinct from the six military services — including the Navy, Army and Air Force — by explicitly focusing on medical issues. The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration Commissioned Officer Corps, whose officers command vehicles that probe hurricanes and map the seafloor, is also a uniformed service.

The 63-year-old Levine, who was previously Pennsylvania’s health secretary and had not served in the commissioned corps, is now set to take a more prominent role in the service’s operations. She will be the sixth four-star admiral in the corps’ history, according to the Department of Health and Human Services.

Rachel Levine, Pennsylvania's former secretary of health, is the first openly transgender federal official to be confirmed by the Senate. (The Washington Post)
Political appointees are regularly tapped for senior roles in the corps. Brett Giroir, Levine’s predecessor during the Trump administration, was sworn in as an admiral after his 2018 Senate confirmation. Vivek H. Murthy, the nation’s surgeon general, also serves as a vice admiral.

The long-running health corps traces its history to 1798, but the service was formally established by Congress in 1889. The oft-overlooked corps has struggled with retirements and visibility; it was slow to get access to its own supply of coronavirus vaccines, even as its officers helped deliver shots around the nation.

Nation’s public health service, deploying to fight covid-19, waits on vaccines

Administration officials touted the significance of Levine’s elevation to admiral, praising President Biden’s commitment to diversity and noting that the ceremony will occur during LGBTQ history month.

“Admiral Levine’s historic appointment as the first openly transgender four-star officer is a giant step forward toward equality as a nation,” HHS Secretary Xavier Becerra said in a statement.

Levine has been repeatedly targeted by conservative advocacy groups and politicians, who claimed her historic selection — as the first openly transgender official ever confirmed by the Senate — was a political gesture by Biden. At Levine’s confirmation hearing to serve as assistant secretary for health, Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) tried to draw a connection between genital mutilation and transition-related care, which prompted stern rebukes from Paul’s Democratic colleagues.

But Levine shrugged off questions about a similar backlash to Tuesday’s announcement, even as her appointment became a leading topic on conservative talk radio and social media on Tuesday. “I am not worried,” she said. “I’m such a strong proponent of diversity, equity and inclusion … and we have a president that is such a strong advocate of diversity, equity and inclusion as well.”

Proud NRA Life Member
BP-B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I can't wait to hear the fugking idiot that goes by "Sycamore" opine about this one.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yet another fabulously proud day for all Amerikans!

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sen. Ted Cruz did NOT put a "Hold" on this jews nomination, nor did Sen. Rand Paul. Neither did any other Republican. Not one fuggin' Republican will stop the nominations of these satanic screwups. Remember this the next time ANY U.S. senator reaches for your pocketbook for a donation to "fight for American values!".

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I can only “wish” is was unbelievable!

if a man speaks, and there isn't a woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

IC B2

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
I love it.

The amount of credibility this administration is hemorrhaging is gargantuan.......and becoming less survivable every day.

Is Richard Simmons still alive? He should be nominated Sec Def.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[quote=Salmonella] https://www.washingtonpost.com/heal...four-star-admiral-public-health-service/
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Rachel Levine, openly transgender health official, sworn in as four-star admiral in Public Health Service
The former Pennsylvania health secretary is the sixth four-star admiral in the history of the health corps.

Rachel Levine, the U.S. assistant secretary for health and the nation’s highest-ranking openly transgender official, is set to be sworn in as an admiral of the U.S. Public Health Service Commissioned Corps. (Chris Sean Smith/U.S. Department of Health and Human Services)
By Dan Diamond
Today at 8:30 a.m. EDT|Updated today at 2:09 p.m. EDT

A senior Biden health appointee who made history when she became the nation’s highest-ranking openly transgender official has also become its first openly transgender four-star officer.

Rachel Levine, the U.S. assistant secretary for health, was sworn in Tuesday as an admiral of the U.S. Public Health Service Commissioned Corps, a 6,000-person force that responds to health crises on behalf of the federal government, including administering coronavirus vaccines and delivering care after hurricanes. Levine is also the organization’s first-ever female four-star admiral.

U.S. coronavirus cases tracker and map
The move was hailed by advocacy groups like the gay rights organization GLAAD, and health care leaders who called it a breakthrough moment.

The group representing public health officials “is here to support you and your team defend the health of all Americans!” Michael Fraser, CEO of the Association of State and Territorial Health Officials, wrote on Twitter.

Some conservatives, meanwhile, dismissed the swearing-in as a political gesture. “Biden gang playing quota politics with public health service,” Tom Fitton, president of conservative legal group Judicial Watch, wrote on Facebook.

In an interview, Levine stressed that her new position as an admiral was “not just symbolic,” and that she would take a leadership role in shaping the public health corps’ priorities. “I’m doing this because of my dedication to service … [and] with the utmost respect and honor for the uniform that I will be wearing,” Levine said, adding she would begin wearing the group’s blue uniform immediately.

The public health service is one of the nation’s eight uniformed services, although it is distinct from the six military services — including the Navy, Army and Air Force — by explicitly focusing on medical issues. The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration Commissioned Officer Corps, whose officers command vehicles that probe hurricanes and map the seafloor, is also a uniformed service.

The 63-year-old Levine, who was previously Pennsylvania’s health secretary and had not served in the commissioned corps, is now set to take a more prominent role in the service’s operations. She will be the sixth four-star admiral in the corps’ history, according to the Department of Health and Human Services.

Rachel Levine, Pennsylvania's former secretary of health, is the first openly transgender federal official to be confirmed by the Senate. (The Washington Post)
Political appointees are regularly tapped for senior roles in the corps. Brett Giroir, Levine’s predecessor during the Trump administration, was sworn in as an admiral after his 2018 Senate confirmation. Vivek H. Murthy, the nation’s surgeon general, also serves as a vice admiral.

The long-running health corps traces its history to 1798, but the service was formally established by Congress in 1889. The oft-overlooked corps has struggled with retirements and visibility; it was slow to get access to its own supply of coronavirus vaccines, even as its officers helped deliver shots around the nation.

Nation’s public health service, deploying to fight covid-19, waits on vaccines

Administration officials touted the significance of Levine’s elevation to admiral, praising President Biden’s commitment to diversity and noting that the ceremony will occur during LGBTQ history month.

“Admiral Levine’s historic appointment as the first openly transgender four-star officer is a giant step forward toward equality as a nation,” HHS Secretary Xavier Becerra said in a statement.

Levine has been repeatedly targeted by conservative advocacy groups and politicians, who claimed her historic selection — as the first openly transgender official ever confirmed by the Senate — was a political gesture by Biden. At Levine’s confirmation hearing to serve as assistant secretary for health, Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) tried to draw a connection between genital mutilation and transition-related care, which prompted stern rebukes from Paul’s Democratic colleagues.

But Levine shrugged off questions about a similar backlash to Tuesday’s announcement, even as her appointment became a leading topic on conservative talk radio and social media on Tuesday. “I am not worried,” she said. “I’m such a strong proponent of diversity, equity and inclusion … and we have a president that is such a strong advocate of diversity, equity and inclusion as well.”

[/quot

Is he/she any relation to Tiny Tim?

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Where's the bleach....I need to cleanse my eyes.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Slow death of an Administration.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I am MAGA.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Makes me so proud to be an American. sick

IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Why are these militaristic rankings assigned to these type of positions to begin with?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wanna know why Pa had such bad Corona results?
Wanna know why they restricted us so bad?

I'm not going to attack strictly due to transgender.
That's too simple, and dishonest.

What you see there in Levine,
is a Male, child psychologist. So mentally screwed up,
that he thinks he is a she.

Ponder that!

Then, they took this poor confused creature, and put it in
charge of fighting a VIRAL outbreak.

Ponder that!

Now, Biden has taken this token of humanity and failure,
And given it huge power and responsibility.

That, I understand.
Joey is even more unbalanced than Richard.

That's right.
It's real name is Dick
Don't know if sick Dick's dick is still his prick.
Or if it got a snip and a nick,
followed by a slash,
That opened a gash.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by washington post
Levine is also the organization’s first-ever female four-star admiral.

Not really.

LMAO!!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by deflave
Why are these militaristic rankings assigned to these type of positions to begin with?

Rather it was called an Admiral or a Czar??

Personally, calling it an Admiral seems awful demeaning to anyone who ever served in the Military.

Maybe not the Coast Guard....but the real military branches anyway.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by deflave

Rather it was called an Admiral or a Czar??

Personally, calling it an Admiral seems awful demeaning to anyone who ever served in the Military.

Maybe not the Coast Guard....but the real military branches anyway.

Lol, It truly is the Health Corpse.......

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by washington post
Levine is also the organization’s first-ever female four-star admiral.

Not really.

LMAO!!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Wouldn't one be required to hold the rank of 3-Star General before progressing to 4?

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
How can someone that has NEVER served in either the USN or the USCG suddenly be an Admiral? That rank only exists in the maritime services and this thing has never served in either. I would never render a salute or a military greeting to this thing.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by High_Noon
Wouldn't one be required to hold the rank of 3-Star General before progressing to 4?

I don't know, but I imagine "It" passed through a Rear Admiral more than a few times.

Politics is War by Other Means
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Give the Admiral a personal tour of the USS Indianapolis. That'll give him something to command.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
233 members (01Foreman400, 12344mag, 257 mag, 2UP, 300jimmy, 10Glocks, 26 invisible), 1,633 guests, and 895 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,592
Posts18,397,926
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.