I am exceedingly lucky however.

I am MAGA.
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by STRSWilson
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
You could tell her, you have no use for a counselor or therapist. But you would be glad to pay for her sessions with a fully licensed MD Psychiatrist, to help her with HER issues.

Your insurance will likely pay for a Psychiatrist. The Dr. might even invite you to attend a couple sessions and let you know what is wrong with HER.

You mean other than being a typical emotional female?

I wasn't there to solve any problems other than to perpetuate the horizontal entertainment. Ultimately, she calmed down and it went on for a few months until it didn't.

Changing women is simply changing one type of crazy for another. You just hope to find one version of crazy you can put up with for a while. It's not easy; especially during the damn pandemic.

IMO, Wife is helpmate, mother of my children, permanent partner in life, and most importantly Best Friend.

I have no issues with helping my best friend through some problems should she experience such.

If one's definition of wife is house cleaner, cook and cum dumpster, I suppose that would be easy to replace.

Speaking in reference to your friend and his wife issues, of course.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
You could tell her, you have no use for a counselor or therapist. But you would be glad to pay for her sessions with a fully licensed MD Psychiatrist, to help her with HER issues.

Your insurance will likely pay for a Psychiatrist. The Dr. might even invite you to attend a couple sessions and let you know what is wrong with HER.

I wasn't there to solve any problems other than to perpetuate the horizontal entertainment. Ultimately, she calmed down and it went on for a few months until it didn't.

Changing women is simply changing one type of crazy for another. You just hope to find one version of crazy you can put up with for a while. It's not easy; especially during the damn pandemic.

IMO, Wife is helpmate, mother of my children, permanent partner in life, and most importantly Best Friend.

I have no issues with helping my best friend through some problems should she experience such.

If one's definition of wife is house cleaner, cook and cum dumpster, I suppose that would be easy to replace.

Haha!

I am MAGA.
IC B2

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
2nd wife went off the rails about 9 months into the marriage. Did a complete 180. After about 6 months of that BS, I insisted we see a marriage counsellor. She went with me twice. First visit was for the counsellor to get to know us. By the second visit, the counsellor was calling her on her chitt. She refused to go after that.

We did that 2 or 3 times, her always quitting after the counsellor started calling her on her chitt. I went to a few counsellors on my own and was always told the same thing - you can’t fix a marriage with only one person trying.

She finally insisted I see a psychiatrist for anger management. Did the whole battery of tests and she got to fill out questionnaires. She even sent me to the psych with a letter with instructions for him to read it but not me. He read it, didn’t tell me what was in it.

When he was done all the tests, he sat me down, looked me in the eye and said “You don’t have an anger management problem. You have a marital problem!”

I left her about 6 months after that. Will never waste my time with marriage counselling again.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
looming retirement is why i built my shop out back. wife knows it and is fine with it. we know each other real well after 31 years.

My diploma is a DD214
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
A friend recently described a successful marriage as the consistent lowering of expectations.

"Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passin.'"
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
The farm is 48 miles from the house. I try to spend as much time there as I can. It's cheaper than a divorce.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Women marry men expecting them to change

Men marry women expecting them to never change.

Imagine a corporate oligarchy so effective, so advanced and fine tuned that its citizens still call it a democracy.

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by wabigoon
There is a cross-stitch, "Retirement, half as much money, twice as much husband."

Pretty sure Flave has that one hanging in his scrapbooking room.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Borchardt
Women marry men expecting them to change

Men marry women expecting them to never change.

Borchardt 3:16

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Damn, apparently good women are fairly uncommon? I knew I was a lucky man, but damn. Or maybe a lot of men are high maintenance drama queens....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Damn, apparently good women are fairly uncommon? I knew I was a lucky man, but damn. Or maybe a lot of men are high maintenance drama queens....
You are a lucky man, regardless.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I had lunch today with a retired doctor friend of mine. We covered the usual “the medical system is screwed beyond repair, Biden sucks, and the Covid response has been a train wreck” topics. Then he looks all serous and said “I’ve got some troubling news”. I thought, great another friend with cancer.

Thankfully he said, “The wife wants me to see her analyst with her”. Apparently the combination of retirement and the pandemic is creating too much “together time”.

He asked how my experience with an analysts went as years ago I dated his wife’s sister for a short while. (Probably why his wife still hates me to this day.) I said Yep and this is how all that went down:

The girlfriend, who I had only been seeing for a few weeks, says - Let’s go see my analyst together. I said, Nope it won’t work out like you envision. She said we are going. I said it won’t work out like you envision.

So a few days later there we sit in front of her “analyst” who’s asking all the usual questions about feelings, conflict resolution, and coping mechanisms. I explained that my coping mechanism is sudden and complete hearing loss followed by acute alcohol abuse. But I digress.

About this time I’d had enough of the small talk and I look to the headdoc and said - So you sit here all day long listening to problems and offering advice. Doc responds Yes. I said, So with all that knowledge, how’s that working in your marriage. He responds something about it’s a process and requires a lot of work and patience. To whit I said, So largely the advice you hand out doesn’t really solve relationship problems and all this is sorta bullshite. He shrugged and went back to the - it’s a process mantra. So I turned to the girlfriend and said, see I told you this wouldn’t work out like you envisioned.

At which point the tears start and she storms out calling me a colossal dick and some other unintelligible babble. I looked to the doc and said, It generally takes about a month before they come to that conclusion.

Suddenly my friend got all happy and said that’s perfect, I’ll do that. I then asked if he has a prenup and he said no, he and his wife married before he was successful and there wasn’t a need. I told my friend he was unfortunately well and truly screwed. He ordered another scotch and looked even more depressed.

Women...

Bull***t. Nobody dates for a few weeks and then goes to see a counselor. Also I have never heard a counselor or psychologist called an "analyst".

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Haha!

I agree with you by the way.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Gypsy_Wind
This story is BS.

One of those FB stories.....

Fence post turtle.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

In the world of analysts (whatever the snarf that is), counselors, and therapy, all men are perpetrators, all women are victims. The outcome is predetermined, and it's no use even showing up and suffering the abuse........

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DavePrice

Thanks for that!

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

676 members (160user, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 66 invisible), 2,468 guests, and 1,156 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,140
Posts18,464,847
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.