Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
J
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Question for you Covid Survivors.

Let's say you know someone with the Delta Force variant.

They got sicker than hell for a couple days.

Then they started feeling a shìt ton better. Like everything is okeydokey except for a little sniffle and no sense of taste or smell.

Was that it? Or was the Delta Force just waiting to give them an expertly flung Judy Chop?

Asking for a friend....

I am MAGA.
BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
First bout made me sick for about a week but lingered for a couple more. Second bout I just felt a little feverish for 3-4 days then felt like I had a slight cold or allergies kicking in.

Swifty
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I had something, no idea what, that gave me a wickedly sore throat and 3 days of high fever. Now I’m mostly better except my throat still hurts like dammit. Like I’m loosing weight due to not eating throat hurts.

Tested neg for Strep and Neg for the Delta88 yesterday. Of course Dr says I could have had it and just cleared, no virus but lingering symptoms. Who knows, but I believe I may survive.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Jim, punch ya self in the sack, if you feel it, your likely A OK !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Didn’t have the Delta variant, but last November it knocked my dick in the dirt for 4-5 days. Took close to a month to get stamina back to close to normal at the gym and cutting wood. Still feel like I get winded after I run a mile or other heavy cardio.

Never lost taste or smell. Tested positive for a month, work wouldn’t let me come back without a negative test.

CK
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Three days worth of the worst hangover I’ve ever had. Nutzo headache, chills. Fourth day back to work.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
J
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Dutch
Three days worth of the worst hangover I’ve ever had. Nutzo headache, chills. Fourth day back to work.

Exactly. To the "T".

Just wondering if this thing is gonna "circle back around" once he starts feeling cocky. No?

I am MAGA.
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I had the delta variant almost 3 months ago. Stuffed head, headache, some chest congestion, lost taste and smell. Doc gave me a shot of decadron (sp) and a Zack. Felt great after a few days. However, my taste and smell are only back maybe 25%.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I'm older didn't get the shot got me good for 4 days symtoms came and went for 2 weeks, back to working out just about full tilt. I do have a history of work induced asthma and and colds offenten go into my lungs. I was éligible for Regeneron so I did do that. Good luck. I'm retired.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Loss of taste and smell is a giveaway to me, not sure of the variant I had.

Doc said if your symptoms subside and you feel better, stop taking the meds, so I’d guess that meant it’s about over.

Last edited by SandBilly; 10/19/21.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Jim it’s hard to say because this China bug affects everyone so differently. I’m 8yrs shy of my medical degree but I’d have to believe that’s the worst/end of it for you friend.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I know a couple of people who felt good after a few days, then over exerted themselves and got a lot worse. I would take it slow for a couple days after feeling better if possible. PE is another thing that seems to be popping up with Delta for whatever reason and is something to watch out for. It almost got a friend 2 weeks into it recently after it should have been over.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
J
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Mac84
Jim it’s hard to say because this China bug affects everyone so differently. I’m 8yrs shy of my medical degree but I’d have to believe that’s the worst/end of it for you friend.

He feels like a million bucks compared to a couple days ago.

I am MAGA.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Delta went through the house (presumably delta), positive tests, towards the end of August. Hit the GF hardest, like a bad flu, out of work two weeks, then lingering symptoms, etc. seemed like she was on her way to 100% recovery then my kid brings home a bad cold about a week and half ago. We all get the cold (symptoms wayyy worse than my bout with Covid, but that was really mild) but still just a relatively mean cold. We all test negative. GF still can’t shake it. Turns into wicked hacking, goes to doc, she’s got bronchitis, high blood pressure, some other Schitt. But, according to testing, no Covid. Moral of story - there’s still mean viruses going around, Covid or no covid. Colds, flu, whatever. Also possible the Covid beat her immune system down (and maybe mine as well) to where a common cold on the heals of it hit her more severely than it would have otherwise. I’m no doc, just my guess.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Mine was end of August as well, probably a good chance it was Delta.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
The question posed is based on the idea that somebody knows they had COVID-19.

It’s a false premise.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My hunting buddy got it bad. Was mildly sick (cough, sniffles) for a few days. Started to get better, then it hammered him for three weeks. Thought we were going to lose him. Six weeks later, he is just regaining taste and smell.
Mine hit hard and fast, but I started Ivermectin right off the bat. Doc have me steroids for lung inflammation. Was better in 2 weeks, but not 100% strength for 2 months.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by SandBilly

Yeah that’s probably what it was.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by 280Rem1
My hunting buddy got it bad. Was mildly sick (cough, sniffles) for a few days. Started to get better, then it hammered him for three weeks. Thought we were going to lose him. Six weeks later, he is just regaining taste and smell.
Mine hit hard and fast, but I started Ivermectin right off the bat. Doc have me steroids for lung inflammation. Was better in 2 weeks, but not 100% strength for 2 months.

Oh my Gid! Praise the Jeebus!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by SandBilly

Yeah that’s probably what it was.

🖕🏿☺️

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
725 members (10gaugemag, 222ND, 222Sako, 16penny, 160user, 12344mag, 79 invisible), 2,717 guests, and 1,374 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,626
Posts18,398,690
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.