Campfire Kahuna
I never had a teacher.

LOL
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
James R Mueller at Cal Poly SLO. Three courses of calculus including an experimental graduate course on perturbations. A Cal Tech PHD that was a brilliant instructor that enjoyed playing banjo around the fire at the beach with us.

https://www.ratemyprofessors.com/ShowRatings.jsp?tid=665280

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
When you say ..."had"..... ? ? ?

Last edited by kenjs1; 10/19/21.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
In a scholastic setting, I've had two outstanding teachers.

One in the sixth grade for General Science. The name was Mr. Tiffany, and even though he was a very diminutive fellow he was respected and a very good teacher. He was involved in the very first television broadcast in Boston back in the late 40s or early 50s.

Another great teacher was a math professor at UT El Paso in the early 80s. Her name was Peeples, and I'd never had a math teacher who was so lucid. I wish I'd been able to get in her classes for the higher levels math classes. I had crap teachers for calculus.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I had several. One in middle school - don't recall his name but he was a great man, taught history, and did right by kids. He loaned me lunch money when I forgot mine at home. He saw me outside the cafeteria and asked why I wasn't eating. I told him I had forgotten my lunch money, and without even flinching he pulled the money out of his pocket and gave it to me.
In HS, Mr West. He taught history and told us stories. He entertained the hell out of us and taught us at the same time. That's the way it's supposed to be done!
We thought he was ancient but he was probably about 55 at the time. He always wore a dark suit, white shirt and a pencil thin necktie. He looked like a skinny version of LBJ. This was the late 70's.

Then, there was Ms Dillard for English. The first divorcee I ever really knew. She was probably late 30s, and smoking hot. Her son was one year behind me in school. It was pretty uncommon to have a divorced teacher in those days.

We got a new kid in Ms. Dillard's class from somewhere up North. He was a class clown, and was always coaxing people to throw things from across the room, and he would catch them in his mouth. Peanuts, M&M's, you name it - that boy could catch it in his mouth! He was always interrupting class doing this s***!
Miss Dillard got tired of his shenanigans one day, and said from the front of the room, "here catch this!", and threw a piece of chalk toward him. Lo and behold he caught it in his mouth and swallowed it. It lodged in his throat and he started gasping for air and turning blue! A couple of us bigger guys grabbed him by his ankles, and no joke, hung him upside down and pounded his head on the floor until he coughed up the piece of chalk!
Mrs. Dillard was horrified, and told us that she would be fired if anybody knew what had happened. Nobody ever breathed a word about it!

Last edited by skfullen; 10/19/21.

The original Frito Bandito!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Paraclete. Easily and decisively.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
#1 Dad
#2His Mom, My Grandmother
#3 life

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
#1 Dad
#2His Mom, My Grandmother
#3 life

IC B3

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
I went to an old rural 1 room school. I had the same teacher (Ida Kubat) for 6 years before the school got consolidated, and we had to go to a regular school in town. Also for the 6 years I went, I was the only kid in my grade.

It was 1 mile through the woods to get to school and often I was allowed to bring my .22 to school for the walk home when I could work in a squirrel hunt. Talk about a step back in time.

WS

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Not sure he was the best, but he made a lasting impression...had my respect.....couldn't have begun to argue a grade on a close call....

Norman Book...Clemson University......building science professor....I had the good fortune to take statics and steel design under him.........you did not miss his class nor fall asleep during attendance.....

I majored in architecture and he didn't miss an opportunity to ridicule the arch folks....I thought that was hilarious to no end.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Mr. Krill.

3rd, 4th, and 5th. He was the spitting image of Mr. Kotter.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Mr. Krill.

3rd, 4th, and 5th. He was the spitting image of Mr. Kotter.

I suspect you get held back that many times, you are bound to develop a fondness.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Mary Kay Letourneau

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Ruby Thompson 9th grade English in Garland Utah. 66-67 school year.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Myself and a few great authors.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by WhopperStopper
I went to an old rural 1 room school. I had the same teacher (Ida Kubat) for 6 years before the school got consolidated, and we had to go to a regular school in town. Also for the 6 years I went, I was the only kid in my grade.

It was 1 mile through the woods to get to school and often I was allowed to bring my .22 to school for the walk home when I could work in a squirrel hunt. Talk about a step back in time.

WS

Very similar, only there was two in my class. About 15 total in the school, and three were my brothers I went all eight years to that one room country school. They closed it a in 1966, year after I finished my eight grades.
I would not classify any of the three women teachers I had over the eight years as really good.

NRA Patron
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by skfullen
I had several. One in middle school - don't recall his name but he was a great man, taught history, and did right by kids. He loaned me lunch money when I forgot mine at home. He saw me outside the cafeteria and asked why I wasn't eating. I told him I had forgotten my lunch money, and without even flinching he pulled the money out of his pocket and gave it to me.
In HS, Mr West. He taught history and told us stories. He entertained the hell out of us and taught us at the same time. That's the way it's supposed to be done!
We thought he was ancient but he was probably about 55 at the time. He always wore a dark suit, white shirt and a pencil thin necktie. He looked like a skinny version of LBJ. This was the late 70's.

Then, there was Ms Dillard for English. The first divorcee I ever really knew. She was probably late 30s, and smoking hot. Her son was one year behind me in school. It was pretty uncommon to have a divorced teacher in those days.

We got a new kid in Ms. Dillard's class from somewhere up North. He was a class clown, and was always coaxing people to throw things from across the room, and he would catch them in his mouth. Peanuts, M&M's, you name it - that boy could catch it in his mouth! He was always interrupting class doing this s***!
Miss Dillard got tired of his shenanigans one day, and said from the front of the room, "here catch this!", and threw a piece of chalk toward him. Lo and behold he caught it in his mouth and swallowed it. It lodged in his throat and he started gasping for air and turning blue! A couple of us bigger guys grabbed him by his ankles, and no joke, hung him upside down and pounded his head on the floor until he coughed up the piece of chalk!
Mrs. Dillard was horrified, and told us that she would be fired if anybody knew what had happened. Nobody ever breathed a word about it!

What a great story. You should write that down

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Had a couple but one stands out in particular. Well she wasn’t a teacher yet but I still had her. Does that count?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
703 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 160user, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 75 invisible), 2,710 guests, and 1,310 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,682
Posts18,399,706
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.