Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Yes. Thanks for your glorious presence.

[Linked Image from th.bing.com]

At least calling it a Rear Admiral has some merit.

SMFH

🦫

Some book some dude wrote once had an interesting passage in it.

"Curiouser and Curiouser"

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
BP-B2

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Puppy stew probably.

Sheesh,

hold into the wild type Canis domesticus.

I have it on good authority that puppy stew is still a thing.

For very select elders at very specific rituals and ceremonies.

The Corps of Discovery would likely agree.

I wonder how those Injuns felt about they and their lands being discovered? I mean, seeing as how they had been there for ages already. It's not like penicillin or Planet X after all.

I believe a good deal of them ended up in business with the white man.

The rest of them probably were pissed about the out of control property values.

I am MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
There goes the neighborhood, eh?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I think the DNA tests for ancestral race are basically a con. I saw where they did tests with five different companies and they all came back different. It is all in their interpretation, not so much the science.

Look in the mirror, that will tell you most of what is relevant.

"A person that carries a cat home by the tail will receive information that will always be useful to him." Mark Twain
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Credit where due, I'd like to toss an 'arigato' to JackMt., JC (the *other* JC), Geno, Morewood and Beav'. You boys evoked a few actual giggles.

BTW, I'm reasonably well-versed in first hand, historical First Nation cultural norms. Not surprising, since I've spent a fair amount of time (like 5 days) with these folks. OP, fire off any specific questions and I'll try to help. A little proof of my credentials:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
I have carnal knowledge of at least one Indian lady. Your buffalo horn scoop is Lakota, or not.

Me too, at least one.

Wife was in the grocery store years ago when she had hair down past her waist. Long dark hair.

Old Mexican lady behind her points to her and says "la India, la India"

Even though her Mexican side has a bunch of Spanish in it, apparently there's enough Native in there some folks notice.

In it is contentment

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
WTF is that contraption on that pistola? Sure looks to have ruined the lines and screwed up the balance.

And glad to be of service providing a chuckle or so. De Nada.

PS, I lived on a Rez once for well over a year. Didn't see no horn spoons though. Ate acorn stew, made a pair of their moccasins, and worked with a bunch of Wild Apaches though. Even learned a bit of their lingo.

In it is contentment

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by CarlsenHighway
It is all in their interpretation, not so much the science.

This is true of so much scientific data now days. Either they interpret the data to support a foregone conclusion or they only record data that supports their foregone conclusion. Especially things like climate change and Wuhan Flu.

F
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by Crappie_Killer
Was told by my grandmother that her mother was half Blackfoot. My kids got me a DNA test a couple years back and I came back like 99% European. I did test in the high 90’s of those in the database for Neanderthal blood.

Was told that the markers for NA weren’t as defined as others but who the hell knows.

You know, maybe there is some suppression going on for political reasons. I don’t know. My sister has a different mother that is supposed to be native. I’ve met her maternal grandmother and others on her maternal side so I assumed it was true. They look like they could be. They have a darker complexion. Her grandmother had skin that looked like a white person who had a dark sun tan. Her test came back with no NA DNA at all and about 1% Pakistani.

My wife is supposed to have Lakota on her mother’s side. My wife’s grandmother was half. They know the ancestor. There are old photos of him and they have newspaper and other media he is in when he travelled in Old West shows. Despite the fact that he is clearly a documented relative, her cousins who have gotten DNA tests that share the same NA great grandfather have returned no NA DNA. They should be roughly 10-15% NA.

So it’s possible I guess that they are missing NA markers. They don’t pull your whole genome just look for certain markers. Or my wife had some shenanigans happen in her lineage resulting in her biological ancestors being different than the written family tree.

M
mjbgalt Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Yeah I think something doesn't add up. Possible if course that my NA ancestor (if she existed) did not contribute any DNA. As I understand it, just because you are related to someone it does not mean that your body used that particular DNA while forming.

Or something along those lines. I are not a scientist lol

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No, but I do have Inuit carnal knowledge. It was a nice finish to a muskox hunt.

Know fat, know flavor. No fat, no flavor.

I tried going vegan, but then realized it was a big missed steak.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Haha!
How do you compliment an Inuit girl?……..

Nice tooth! 😜

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Puppy stew probably.

Sheesh,

hold into the wild type Canis domesticus.

I have it on good authority that puppy stew is still a thing.

For very select elders at very specific rituals and ceremonies.

The Corps of Discovery would likely agree.

I wonder how those Injuns felt about they and their lands being discovered? I mean, seeing as how they had been there for ages already. It's not like penicillin or Planet X after all.

Kinda like the wetback situation, now, heh?? People and places have always been invaded by those they deem undesirables.

Last edited by las; 10/20/21.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Just remember, Fauxcahantas had her mama's certification that she was a certifiable Cherokee!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm 23 percent, old lady 55 percent. guess my kids are 30 something percent.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Futura
Originally Posted by Crappie_Killer
Was told by my grandmother that her mother was half Blackfoot. My kids got me a DNA test a couple years back and I came back like 99% European. I did test in the high 90’s of those in the database for Neanderthal blood.

Was told that the markers for NA weren’t as defined as others but who the hell knows.

You know, maybe there is some suppression going on for political reasons. I don’t know. My sister has a different mother that is supposed to be native. I’ve met her maternal grandmother and others on her maternal side so I assumed it was true. They look like they could be. They have a darker complexion. Her grandmother had skin that looked like a white person who had a dark sun tan. Her test came back with no NA DNA at all and about 1% Pakistani.

My wife is supposed to have Lakota on her mother’s side. My wife’s grandmother was half. They know the ancestor. There are old photos of him and they have newspaper and other media he is in when he travelled in Old West shows. Despite the fact that he is clearly a documented relative, her cousins who have gotten DNA tests that share the same NA great grandfather have returned no NA DNA. They should be roughly 10-15% NA.

So it’s possible I guess that they are missing NA markers. They don’t pull your whole genome just look for certain markers. Or my wife had some shenanigans happen in her lineage resulting in her biological ancestors being different than the written family tree.

Sounds like the ancestor that traveled in the old west shows was paki

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Do you mean Indian knowledge?

Take care, Willie

Cry to the heavens and let slip the dogs of war. For they must feed on the bones of tyranny. In order for men to have freedom and liberty.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by stxhunter
I'm 23 percent, old lady 55 percent. guess my kids are 30 something percent.

All typical of S Texas Hispanics IIRC.

The flip side is the amount of American Indian ancestry correlates with the odds of type 2 adult-onset diabetes.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
DNA won’t tell you a tribe so their submission or not makes no difference. The DNA doesn’t lie.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Just look at the ancestry site for the first time in a couple of years chit I have a 1000+ 4th cousins or closer.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
716 members (12308300, 160user, 11point, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 89 invisible), 2,689 guests, and 1,292 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,695
Posts18,399,928
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.