Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
The less you do, the more you approve of what happened.

That’s how this works.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Can’t believe how stupid people are about their dogs. That animal should have been put down, instead the owner flees the state to protect it.

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Sue the living hell out of them.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
The lesson here is that you leave your kid with people this stupid.

Don’t do that.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
That teacher better have so good insurance. Idiots

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by electram
A couple of weeks ago my 11 year old son went on a field trip with school. 20 something kids and 2 teachers, went to some kind of adventure camp in the mountains with staff, etc. Was gone for a couple of nights.

When he got home, my wife picked him up at school and brought him home, I asked him how it was and he said he had a great time but that he was bit by a dog. First I heard of it, figured it must not have been an actual bite. I asked him if I could see it. He pulled down his shorts and holy chit...there's a 6-7" long bruise across the top of his thigh....2 rows of teeth marks black and blue, punctuated by two k9 marks that broke the skin.

I about lost it and called my wife over and she really did loose it. I asked him what happened. He was on a rope course and a large boxer-like mix belonged to one of the staff. Dog ran over jumped up and bit my son on the thigh and pulled him off the rope, unprovoked. Did it hurt? yes. Did he cry? yes for five minutes. Did anybody see it? yes one of his teachers and one of the staff. Did anybody look at it? no. What did they do with the dog? nothing. he was not put up. they just "held" him. Over the next 2 days he bit one of the teachers and chased a couple of other kids.

My wife immediately called the school principal. He called the other teacher, the one that was bit and did not see what happened to my son, and had him call us. This accomplished nothing because he basically said he didn't know what happened. The principal then emailed my wife and said let him know if there's anything else he can do.

That's what really pissed me off. At that point I looked up the county where this place was located, and made a 9:00PM call to the non-emergency dispatch and filed a report. A deputy called right back and took the report, drove out there to get information. When he went back the next day to put the dog in quarantine, the owner had fled the state with the dog, having got word of the report. They did get the vaccination records and the dog was vaccinated, which was my main concern other than getting the dog away from an adventure camp where it could continue to attack kids.

I fired of an email to the principal telling him what should have been done. File a report, make sure the kid is OK, notify the parents, get the dog away from the kids, etc.

My wife has basically lost confidence in the school. They have not apologized or advised they would take corrective action with the teach that saw this and did nothing. If the bite had been on bare skin he would be disfigured. On the neck, he could be dead. I can't imagine how people that phugging stupid to see that happen and do nothing could be left in charge of kids.

So sorry what happened to your son. If I were you I would be at the next school board meeting, I would flood the event on social media, have someone livestream it, and call them out right there with evidence of not only the attack but their failure of response. I would further consider legal action against the teacher who owned the dog and fled as well as the facility where it occurred. We cannot allow these things to happen. As you stated, what if it had not been his leg? What if it happens again and you were silent? Again, glad your son is ok at this point.

The way life should be.
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
I would be having the boy be seen by a Dr re this as it broke the skin and those injuries normally should be treated to reduce the chance of infection and the fact the school did not have proper treatment of the child done. This should be on the record.

Its unreal the bite was washed with antibiotic soap and antibiotic ung was not applied by a school nurse or medical professional.

My intial concern was about parents letting their young kids go off with teachers on even a one night camping trip. That in itself is an invitation to disaster.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Find the most obnoxious ambulance chaser in your county. The bigger their nose, the better.

Sue the school as a whole but both staff members individually.

Use the money to buy “rescues” and kill them with your son. You’d be doing the world a huge service.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
See his pediatrician today. Needs to be on Augmentin for pasteurella canis precautions( bacteria infection) or at least well watched

Get good pics to document

Get attorney. Even if not to actually sue the school, to sue the adventure camp and owner of the dog. Which you should do

I’d damn sure let the school know how mad. I’d expect at the least a meeting with all parties involved face to face

IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by kevinJ
See his pediatrician today. Needs to be on Augmentin for pasteurella canis precautions( bacteria infection) or at least well watched

Get attorney. Even if not to actually sue the school, to sue the adventure camp and owner of the dog. Which you should do

I’d damn sure let the school know how mad. I’d expect at the least a meeting with all parties involved face to face

Sue the fugk out of them. Ruin their lives.

Nobody that stupid deserves a decent life.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by kevinJ

Sue the fugk out of them. Ruin their lives.

Nobody that stupid deserves a decent life.

Well, there is that.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Glad your boy is OK.

I'd be going after the teacher that did nothing, that's where the real problem lies. Have a lawyer write a letter It'll get their attention and they'll do something about the teacher.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
And find a way to kill the dog.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Hard to imagine, where I’m at we practically document a paper cut, if only to protect ourselves from litigation.

Do you have any photos of the injury? That would be most helpful in moving forward.

As suggested, a lawyerly letter would be good and I’m surprised the teacher who witnessed the incident didn’t voluntarily contact you.

Certainly action should be taken against the camp.

The downside of things like this is that often the Admin or School District decides to discontinue ALL field trips.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
sue the school

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
The dog needs killing and the staff member needs to get their azz beat. I'm surprised that the teachers didn't take any action or notify the parents.

Life is good live it while you can.
M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M

Considering the fact that rabies will kill you, and once you show symptoms you are going to die no matter what the Dr does for you, and there is a very high likelihood of bacterial infection either way, it seems pretty clear to me that your first course of action should be: A) getting you kid to a Dr and B) Having health authorities verifying the rabies vax on the dog.

Then maybe sue the [bleep] out of them after you take care of your kids health. This is literally life and death, even if there is only a .01% chance the dog had rabies why would you take that chance?

And this is obvious [bleep] that any school admin should either know or have a nurse on hand that knows.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sounds like your son is going to be ok. Kids are tough. Arrange a face to face meeting with the principal, teachers and yourselves. Include your son. It's more about teaching your son how to address these situations than trying to teach the teachers. Allow the opportunity to air grievances and discuss alternatives and give your son the opportunity to be the bigger man. If nobody apologizes then your not obligated to forgive.

God Bless America
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Hard to imagine, where I’m at we practically document a paper cut, if only to protect ourselves from litigation.

Do you have any photos of the injury? That would be most helpful in moving forward.

As suggested, a lawyerly letter would be good and I’m surprised the teacher who witnessed the incident didn’t voluntarily contact you.

Certainly action should be taken against the camp.

The downside of things like this is that often the Admin or School District decides to discontinue ALL field trips.

The majority of teachers (you’re a perfect example) are born idiots.

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 1234, 1lessdog, 01Foreman400, 73 invisible), 2,418 guests, and 1,214 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,665
Posts18,455,810
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.