Hop To
T
TakeEm Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Hey all,

I have a Kuiu Icon pro with Carbon Fiber Frame and the 3600 size bag. It's a great pack, and I use it for everything, day trips cinched down, family hikes that get longer, etc. I have used it to pack out an Elk and it handled more weight than I could carry. Anyway, I am wanting a second smaller pack I can use for day trips but could still potentially carry some weight if I had to (thinking Mule Deer size).

I want the second pack so I am not moving the bag off the frame and also so I keep the Kuiu ready if it is needed. I tried on the Avail 2200 as it is available locally and would seem to fit my needs. Has anyone used it? The pack fit me really well.

Isaiah 6:8

GB1

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I have one which I used as a stand alone, that is, without the frame and as a utility daypack only.

The main zip gots stuck all the time and it needed both hands, ungloved, and some effort to run it open. It somehow used to work better in the opposite direction.

The compression straps and belt do not hold up tight and loosen afeter a while. Once, I lost a rain pant I was carrying in the outside compression panel.

Now I only use it in unsubstantial walk-arounds and never while hunting.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have one, it's fine as a daypack, but you're not going to be hauling meat with it- it only has two small carbon rods for a "frame". I'll use it as a stand alone day pack outside of hunting season; if I'm day hunting I'll attach it to Krux frame.

It's nice as a airline carry-on too, just take the belt off of it.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by mtwarden
I have one, it's fine as a daypack, but you're not going to be hauling meat with it- it only has two small carbon rods for a "frame". I'll use it as a stand alone day pack outside of hunting season; if I'm day hunting I'll attach it to Krux frame.

This mirrors my experience and opinion of the 2200.

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
i have a avail 2200, its great, used on lots of day hunts, never have a problem with the zippers or straps, nice and light

IC B2

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
X3. Except on an X-Curve.

Originally Posted by jdunham

T
TakeEm Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by SLM

That’s perfect as that is exactly what I want to use it for. Daypack when I don’t have the need to pack meat.

Isaiah 6:8

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by TakeEm
Originally Posted by SLM

That’s perfect as that is exactly what I want to use it for. Daypack when I don’t have the need to pack meat.

you should be golden then smile

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

606 members (007FJ, 01Foreman400, 160user, 2500HD, 204guy, 257 roberts, 58 invisible), 2,294 guests, and 1,183 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,640
Posts18,455,347
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.